Start by marking “Tom Swift and His Submarine Boat, or, under the Ocean for Sunken Treasure (Tom Swift Sr, #4)” as Want to Read:
Read Book

Tom Swift and His Submarine Boat, or, under the Ocean for Sunken Treasure (Tom Swift #4)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  5 reviews
American boys' fiction under pseudonym used by the Stratemeyer Syndicate who produced Tom Swift series, Nancy Drew mysteries, the Hardy Boys, Dave Fearless and many others.
Published July 7th 2006 by Dodo Press (first published January 1st 1910)

Be the first to ask a question about Tom Swift and His Submarine Boat, or, under the Ocean for Sunken Treasure

Erik Graff
Mar 03, 2013 Erik Graff rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pre-adolescent boys
Recommended to Erik by: Mrs. Whittaker
Shelves: literature
At age five Dad got a house in unincorporated Kane County, Illinois. Although far from his job at Honeywell in Rosemont, he snapped it up because of a G.I. subsidy which had the government pick up the tab on the downpayment. The Meadowdale development was so new that there were no lawns, no sidewalks and nothing nearby except farms, a creek and a wooded hill. There wasn't even a school yet so the move ended my brief experience of kindergarten. All the houses looked the same, just different color ...more
Dehibberdwrites
I read the Tom Swift Sr. books as a child and again when I got my Kindle in 2010. They are an easy read and enjoyable. It is interesting to see how writing has changed since these books were written.
Darius
I'm not sure at what age I read Tom Swift, but I remembered nothing at all, except that he was a boy-inventor. So, I wanted to check it out.

The book had a lot of twists and turns -- I suspect chapters may have been serialized in a newspaper or magazine. It completely lacks teenage angst and cynicism. (Lot's of action-oriented melodrama, no drama.)

The level is probably elementary grades, a bit below the first Harry Potter book. Though it is a bit dated, I think kids might still like it, at that a
Travis Binkley
all tom swift books are awsome.
Joyce
Dec 22, 2013 Joyce marked it as homeschool-past  ·  review of another edition
Good series
Estelle
Estelle marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Benji Wiebe
Benji Wiebe marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Andi
Andi marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Ted
Ted is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2015
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Dr. Daniel
Dr. Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Ash Crow
Ash Crow is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Becca
Becca added it
Sep 09, 2014
Mitali
Mitali marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Blue
Blue marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Victor Appleton was a house pseudonym used by the Stratemeyer Syndicate and its successors, most famous for being associated with the Tom Swift series of books.

The character of Tom Swift was conceived in 1910 by Edward Stratemeyer, founder of the Stratemeyer Syndicate, a book-packaging company. Stratemeyer invented the series to capitalize on the market for
More about Victor Appleton...

Tom Swift (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Tom Swift and His Motor-Cycle, or, Fun and Adventures on the Road (Tom Swift Sr, #1)
  • Tom Swift And His Motor-boat (Tom Swift Sr, #2)
  • Tom Swift and His Airship (Tom Swift Sr, #3)
  • Tom Swift and His Electric Runabout, or, the Speediest Car on the Road (Tom Swift Sr, #5)
  • Tom Swift and His Wireless Message: or, the castaways of Earthquake island (Tom Swift Sr, #6)
  • Tom Swift Among the Diamond Makers, or, the Secret of Phantom Mountain (Tom Swift Sr, #7)
  • Tom Swift in the Caves of Ice, or, the Wreck of the Airship (Tom Swift Sr, #8)
  • Tom Swift and His Sky Racer, or, the Quickest Flight on Record (Tom Swift Sr, #9)
  • Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle (Tom Swift Sr, #10)
  • Tom Swift in the City of Gold (Tom Swift Sr, #11)
Tom Swift and His Airship (Tom Swift Sr, #3) Tom Swift and His Motor-Cycle, or, Fun and Adventures on the Road (Tom Swift Sr, #1) Tom Swift And His Motor-boat (Tom Swift Sr, #2) Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle (Tom Swift Sr, #10) The City in the Stars (Tom Swift III, #1)