Start by marking “Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #1)

Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  571 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
ATAC BRIEFING FOR AGENTS FRANK AND JOE HARDY

MISSION: To find the mastermind behind a possible attack at the Big Air Games.
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA.
POTENTIAL VICTIMS: Top extreme athletes in the country. Thousands of spectators.
SUSPECTS: There may be a group of extremists working together. There may be just one.
Published June 1st 2005 by Aladdin (first published April 26th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Extreme Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extreme Danger

Luke
Jun 23, 2012 Luke rated it liked it
Extreme Danger is the first book in The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers series by Franklin W. Dixon.

There is a mysterious person—known as Mr. X—who tries to sabotage the Big Air Games. The victims are top extreme athletes in the country, as well as thousands of spectators. And there may be a group of extremists working together. Or there may only be one. Frank and Joe, who work for the A.T.A.C. (American Teens Against Crime), must work out the person who is trying to sabotage this event.

Despite
Brianna
Jan 26, 2011 Brianna rated it really liked it
I love a good mystery series and the Hardy Boys are some of the best classic detectives :)
Ashish Shah
Dec 15, 2010 Ashish Shah rated it it was amazing
it is a great bokk and one must read it because it is the best
Neel
Sep 16, 2012 Neel rated it really liked it
Extreme Danger
by Franklin W. Dixon
Mystery
165 pages

Extreme Danger is a story of two brothers named Frank and Joe Hardy. They are part of an organization called ATAC which stands for American Teens Against Crime. They go to Philadelphia, Pennsylvannia because a person is threatening to hurt the athletes competeing in the X Games. They both trsvel to Philadelphia on their motorcycles. They meet a girl who is competeing in the X Games named Jenna. She shows them around Philadelphia. While she was pr
M
Jan 22, 2016 M rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, childrens
Well, this was an interesting thing to read. I have some nostalgia for the Hardy Boys themselves, but as a kid I only ever read the originals. I was a bit too old when this came out and I don't think I even realized it existed. The basic concept is a bit silly - Frank and Joe have gone from amateur detectives to secret agents for a group that uses teenagers to fight crime. I can kinda accept that, since the 2000s had a bunch of stories about teen spies, and honestly the Hardys aren't facing that ...more
David
Jan 11, 2014 David rated it it was amazing
I ;OVELOVELOVELOVELOVE this book this was the first hardy boys book I ever finished but the first one I read was speed times 5 (also there is some similarities between this and that) this is a reboot of the franchise but never takes it to the level where old time fans wont like it so the story is that some one is sabotaging the Big Air Games and two teenager boy Joe and Frank Hardy(as Frank and Joe put it Frank is the logical Hardy and Joe is hardly logical) gets sent by the agency they work for ...more
Amy
Jul 12, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
I've been meaning to start reading this series in order for a while now, and I'm finally getting around to it. This book was read in its entirety on a day-long bus trip, and like any good book, it was a great way to pass the time.

I'm still a little confused as to how the culprit's motive was supposed to work. Not to mention a little surprised at the culprit himself. But I guess that's how it works, and it does make sense when I think about it.

Anyway, great book. I already read number two, so I'm
Tristan
Sep 25, 2015 Tristan rated it really liked it
David
Nov 03, 2011 David rated it really liked it
Frank and Joe go undercover for ATAC at an extreme games competition. Sabotage is happening and a creepy reporter keeps showing up just when someone is injured. An annoying guy who runs the best skateboard shop ends up dead. Things are getting worse until Frank and Joe finally realize who the real bad guy is.To make it more confusing, there is even another undercover ATAC agent who's also on the case, that Frank and Joe don't know about. Good mystery.
Seth Schenck
Oct 05, 2015 Seth Schenck rated it really liked it
The Hardy Boys is set after the boys first mysteries, when they join the ATAC ( a secret organization created by their father ). After a near death experience, the boys receive another mission. Their mission is to go to Philadelphia,and find Mr.X who is going to sabotage the Big Air Games.

Personally I think The Hardy Boys books are fantastic. I recommend this book to anyone who loves action and mystery. Although it's not too long of a book, I still believe it's a great book
Nathaniel Howard
Oct 01, 2015 Nathaniel Howard rated it really liked it
Jerry
Oct 22, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

By far the most recent book featuring either the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew that I've ever read, this take on the brotherly detective duo is a bit different than the old-school stories...but it's still exciting, and good, clean fun. Fans of the series won't be disappointed.

Score: 4/5
Natalie
Jun 16, 2015 Natalie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids
This was a nice trip down memory lane - I loved the Hardy Boys as a kid. The plot is full of action and features an exciting setting. The characters are interesting and colorful.

This is a great read for kids - anyone older will notice the cliches and stereotypes in the text, such as the lack of depth in almost all of the side characters.
Donna
Aug 03, 2012 Donna rated it it was ok
James Bond similarities made me laugh. I found that the writing style was stilted. It is rated at a grade five level; however the author tended to throw in words that are not easily understood by students reading at a grade five level.
Jonathan
Oct 18, 2012 Jonathan rated it really liked it
this book was good i am glad i read this because i can be a good undercover for other plople and help others. that what this book showed me.
Mary
Jun 15, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
Very 1st book in this grouping. They boys nearly die skydiving and then get sent on another mission soon after.
Ryan
Feb 14, 2014 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good. It has all the genres you need in a great book; murder, mystery, detective. I would recommend this book to anybody who is a mature reader.
Renee
Jul 24, 2009 Renee rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 4th-7th
Shelves: childrens-series
3.5 The perspective/narration switching between the brothers was a bit confusing, but a series I think boys will enjoy.
Carlos
Apr 12, 2016 Carlos rated it it was amazing
Well this is one amazing book, I truly loved from beggining to end, its totally full of action, I recommend it to people who like mistery and action in one book. ...more
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
May 23, 2015
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2010
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves) rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2012
Liam
Liam rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2008
Lolamanda Zhangief
Lolamanda Zhangief rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2014
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Monica Wicklund
Monica Wicklund rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Jie Hao
Jie Hao rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2011
Ayan
Ayan rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2009
  • Terror on Tour (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery II, #1)
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #3: Mad House
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Running on Fumes (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2)
  • Boardwalk Bust (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #3)
  • Thrill Ride (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #4)
  • Rocky Road (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #5)
  • Burned (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #6)
  • Operation: Survival (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #7)
  • Top Ten Ways to Die (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #8)
  • Martial Law (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #9)
  • Blown Away (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #10)
  • Hurricane Joe (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #11)