Start by marking “Frontline” as Want to Read:
Frontline

Frontline

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  645 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
When nurse Sara Peters treats celebrity billionaire Trenton Merrick for a mysterious injury to his forehead, she is blindsided by what follows: a passionate exchange in the examination room, followed by an invitation to Trenton's mansion the next night.

Published August 6th 2013 by Alexandra Richland (first published August 1st 2013)

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesSempre by J.M. DarhowerGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Pulled to Publish Fan Fiction (P2P Fanfic)
46th out of 238 books — 330 voters
Sempre by J.M. DarhowerCrow's Row by Julie HockleyBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireCaptive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsMonster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower
Best Mafia/Mob Romance Books
159th out of 436 books — 2,471 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
*ACR copy for an honest review....*

"4.5 mafia-stic stars !"

“This isn’t about me. I will always put you first...always...I will give you whatever you want Sara. I will never deny you anything.”

***************

SUMMARY: Working as the overtime nurse at Manhattan General Hospital, Sara peter has seen nothing out of the ordinary...well atlest that was until she had a chance to meet the area's celebrity millionaire himself... MR.Trenton Merrick.

Tall,dark and freakishly sexy... Trenton Merrick is T
Catarina
Aug 16, 2013 Catarina rated it liked it
3.5 Possessive Stars!

This book tells us the story of Sara, 22 years old young nurse freshly out of nursing school and with a simple life, and Trenton, 30 years old gazillionaire and famous CEO of his own very lucrative company.
One night in the ER, she has to assist Trenton that arrives there with a head injury, and although they have an immediately chemistry, they don’t start on the right foot.
Not only Trenton has a lot of secrets that scare Sara, their personalities collide, with him being
Beth
Jul 24, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
4.5 Uh, Huh, Uh, Huh Stars

I recieved an ARC of this book from the author for an honest review.

That's the way, uh, huh, uh, huh. I like it. Uh, huh, uh, huh. I hope you were inserting a little K.C. and The Sunshine Band there. Cause this book is worth singing about. It's like 50 Shades and 007 had a love child. And that baby is Frontline. Well, minus the Red Room of Pain. There is a Playroom, but I'll let you discover that one for yourself.

Sara is nurse at an ER in Manhattan. She is frustrated wi
Fran
PPFF Rating: 5/5 Stars
A hot and possessive, dirty-talking, James Bond-ish guy who drives a Bugatti.

Trenton emerges from the middle car, a Ferrari. Add in some slow motion, a gust of wind, and an emo rock tune, and it’s like a scene out of a show on the CW.

After being in a huge reading funk, this was exactly what I needed. It had all the elements that I love in a book - a hot, rich and domineering guy, a stubborn heroine, interesting secondary characters, witty lines, a little bit of action and
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
DNF at 15%!

I am hoping it's just a case of "it's not you, it's me". This book has great ratings and I found the plot intriguing. And things started off great...but then they all came to a screeching halt at 15%.

I thought the meeting of Trenton and Sara was a little far-fetched. Well, maybe I should say, their first kiss was WAY far-fetched. But I was willing to keep going.....after all it was only the first chapter.

Billionaire Trenton comes on pretty strong, I'm not going to lie there for a se
Maria
Aug 25, 2013 Maria rated it did not like it
Shelves: august2013
Instaaaaaaa-Luvvvvvvvvv all the way right here!! All In one week they met, they fought.
She had two orgasms, they got shot at, then they fought some more.
He tells her he loves her, she runs away of course.
Then she discovers she Loves Him.
Cue Big Action Scene.... Yayyyyy everyone is Alive.
Cut to the Hospital, more I Love You's, I decided to quit my job for you and then Will You Marry Me!!
And there you have it 415 pages later!!
This Book was Whack, but you know if your into the Insta-Luv thing this
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Aug 18, 2013 CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD rated it it was amazing
(review also posted here : http://slitsread.wordpress.com/2013/0... and here : https://www.facebook.com/SLiTsReaD)

A whooping 5 stars and more for moi!!!

Omg, what can I say, there is the hot, famous, mysterious, gorgeous trillionaire Trenton Merrick!!

When Trenton met Sarah Peters, instant chemistry!

The book pretty much kept me up, there is action, suspense, mystery!

Then there is the hilarious friends, the hot hot steamy moment of Sarah and Trenton....

What more could I ask for!!! Now off to do
Kelle
Sep 18, 2013 Kelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: why
I missed it again...I missed the damn bandwagon...where'd it go?

Emilia, I realized after I got about 30-40% of the way through we said we'd buddy read this...girl be glad I spared you. I would apologize for reading without you but honestly I think you need to thank me!! You are welcome by the way. LOL

WTH?? Really Trenton is a member of MENSA!! Because I pretty much felt like

Then around 65-70% it seemed like it was getting action packed. I thought it was going to be like Bruce Willis, Die Hard ac
Courtney
Aug 09, 2013 Courtney rated it it was amazing
DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

HOLY SHIT!!! I could not put this down (except to sleep and do some work).

Who is Trenton Merrick?? He's a wealthy business man with more money than he knows what to do with. His face has covered many magazines and is known across the world. But what is underneath that facade??? Who he is really??

Sara recently moved to New York after finishing the nursing program. She comes across Trenton when he comes into her ER with a laceration to his forehead. He is given the VIP treatment
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Frontline...... where do I start with this review. Man I have to say that I never ever read a book that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading it only to end totally different from what I thought. Man this is my first book I have read by Alexandra Richland and it will not be the last. Alexandra writes one mean book that keeps you hooked to the very end.

Sara Peters is an ER nurse working in a Manhattan Hospital ER. She loves her job and enjoys working the night shift. Then o
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
Sep 09, 2013 Nathi *Shut it and let me read* rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nathi *Shut it and let me read* by: Fran
Shelves: favorites
To describe this book: P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N.

Alpha-male-hot-CEO-character - CHECK
Strong willed tough lovable heroine - CHECK
Great secondary characters - CHECK
Little suspense and a couple twists in the plot - CHECK
Result: just sing me up for it!

Now this was recommend it to me from Fran and I'm just happy that I got friends in here that truly share my taste, because this was a spot on!

In this book you get Sara Peters, a nurse, that during her shifts she is compelled to look after a VIP patient wh
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 10, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads marked it as low-tbr
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
I was promised a hot read :D

Trenton spins a web of deceit and seduction around Sara that both repels and attracts her. One part humanitarian, the other international financial mogul, his professional and public life are a curious contradiction.
Tammie
Mar 28, 2015 Tammie rated it it was ok
2-Stars is the best I can give this one. I didn't like much, including their first meeting/kiss. How can you botch an explosive kiss in an examination room? By making the hero appear waaaay too arrogant! Still, I finished the book and enjoyed most of the second half. *Beware* Trenton's a possessive billionaire...but, aren't they all these days?
Linnea
I read this as fanfiction... sadly I had issues with it then too.
Aug 12, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I was honored when Alexandra Richland contacted me to ask if I would be interested in reading an ARC of her new book, Frontline. Having enjoyed one of her previous novels (Starlight) at the beginning of the summer, I was more than ready to read something new from this author. This book was released just yesterday and is a separate body of work from Starlight, so if you haven’t read Richland’s previous stories don’t let this stop you from picking up Frontline. I’ll state upfront that I found it t ...more
Angel Cade
Apr 05, 2014 Angel Cade rated it it was ok
[image error]

You know what happens when you change the names of some characters, fill in some blanks with human shit and then insert a random yet very "masculine" story line to an already existing book?

Le wild fuck-bag of crap appears!

Let's break the plot down:

A very sweet, strong, hardworking (emphasis on working) and goody-two-shoes nurse's life is about to change. That change is Trenton Merrick.

Who is Trenton Merrick? (Really? This? A tag line for the book? On the cover? Really?)

Well, Trento
Brianna
Aug 07, 2013 Brianna rated it liked it

*I'd like to thank the author for giving me an ARC, in exchange for my honest review.*

This book was different. The blurb makes it look like a romance novel, with a lot of lies and angst. It was that, but it was also an action/thrillr novel. I definitely got more than I was expecting, and I'm very happy I took a chance and read this story.

I really liked Sara. As a nurse, she was very compassionate, and we found this out in the beginning of the novel. Trenton came into the hospital w
Brooke
Heart-stopping. Fast paced. Can't turn the page fast enough. Hold my breath suspense. All of these describe Frontline by Alexandra Richland.

Sara Peters is a just-starting-out ER Nurse working her way through another long shift when billionaire Trenton Merrick wanders into her Emergency Room with with a slight head injury and turns he world upside down.

Who is Trenton Merrick? That's what Sara wants to know. He's handsome, charming and down right dangerous but she's sees something in he that has h
Christine
Jul 31, 2014 Christine rated it liked it
3.5 Stars; The story started immediately. The first scene is Sara working as a nurse in the over packed ER. The hot and rich, Trenton Merrick walks in and he is immediately moved to the front of the line while other patients continue to wait for hours and with more serious injuries. Sara does not like this and speaks her mind only to get the attention of Trenton.

I liked Sara and I could understand how she could not resist Trenton. There is insta-love, which I know can be unbelievable, but I lo
Brandie
Aug 07, 2013 Brandie rated it really liked it
What a fantastic surprise this book turned out to be! I love when I sign up for reviews and the books end up being UNPUTDOWNABLE!

A big thank you to the author for allowing me an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I will definitely be reading more of her future work!

Frontline is a fast-paced, suspenseful, sexy read. We begin the book in the ER of a Manhattan hospital where Sara is a nurse treating a mysterious injury for the very wealthy and famous businessman - Trenton Merrick. There is an in
Funmbi
Jun 15, 2014 Funmbi rated it really liked it
Vilma's Book Blog
Aug 12, 2013 Vilma's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
description

Exciting and action-packed… this book really surprised me in every way. It had a little bit of everything… drama, suspense, romance, action, mystery, steaminess… I couldn’t put it down! And really the story hinges on understanding…

Who is Trenton Merrick?

That is the big question in this exciting book! I was immediately hooked by Trenton. When he meets Sara, a nurse, he makes it clear that he wants her. I was so taken aback– in a good way– at Trenton’s possessive, overly-confident, sexy alphaness.
Roni Guzman
Aug 10, 2013 Roni Guzman rated it really liked it
This book took me by surprise. I loved this book because it was so good and funny as hell. Sara went into work one night as a nurse working the night shift and this one night shift completely changed her life. She ends up meeting Trenton Merrick and in just one meeting the sparks go off between them. Their relationship is a whirlwind relationship. I mean it takes off fast. Sara's two friends are hilarious. The advice they give her is exactly what we girls do when we are mad at a guy. Trenton is ...more
Ellen
4 1/2 stars! Frontline is an exciting read that is not your average contemporary romance story! It has a thriller aspect that I loved. The author has created some very memorable characters in Sara Peters and Trenton Merrick. Trenton is not your typical sexy billionaire businessman. There is a lot more to this story, and I loved that he throws Sara off guard.

There are also great supporting characters here that I would love to read more about. I absolutely felt connected to Sara and Trenton and l
FS Meurinne
Jun 12, 2013 FS Meurinne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: p2p, reviews
Alexandra Richland did it again, this story is awesome! The mystery, the romance it all merges in a great new way of writting. Who is Trenton Merrick? well you will try to figure it out since the beginning of the story, what you will slowly uncover will nwver be what you expected, this story will just keep you at the edge of your seat. Are you ready to take the ride of a lifetime? This book will certainly be somethin you'll remember and want to re-read again. Take that from someone who has alrea ...more
Heather
Aug 13, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather by: FS Meurinne
Shelves: sexy-mystery
Extremely well written story filled with romance, mystery, and action. Completely sucked into this novel after only about 3 pages. I was able to read this book in about 3 days and it only took me that long because my "quiet me" time was a little limited. I could certainly see myself reading this in one sitting, given the opportunity. The characters are well developed and extremely likeable as well as relatable. Sara Peters first meeting with Trenton Merrick is enticing, intriguing, and definitel ...more
Kat Bastion
Jul 09, 2013 Kat Bastion rated it it was amazing
I received a recently updated ARC copy from the author that goes deep in all the right places to capture the essence of the hero and heroine in this first person POV, erotic, action adventure romance. All hands inside the compartment ... expect a wild and exciting ride.
Adriana
I could not connect to the characters and the story so I was not able to finish it; I won't be giving it a rating.
Karen Pitman
Feb 13, 2013 Karen Pitman rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Can't wait for the sequel!
Paula  Phillips
Aug 11, 2013 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing
Every now and again as a reader, you can come across a book that you may have read the genre over and over again and the storyline may be the same but the book itself sticks with you. For me , this was Frontline by Alexandra Richland . Frontline was your classic case of a Cinderella story with your everyday girl being Nurse Sara Peters and your Prince Charming being trillionaire Trenton Merrick with his Dark Red American Express in which only 100 were made and four of those belong to Americans. ...more
Adapted from a FANFICTION? 2 18 May 09, 2014 11:03AM
Did I miss something? 1 12 Aug 09, 2013 04:56PM
  • Living Backwards
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • A Political Affair
  • conTEXTual roMANce
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • A Debt Repaid (Retaliations, #1)
  • A Prior Engagement
  • A Four Letter Word
  • Grave Refrain
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Angel of Redemption
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Cure For Pain
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Exposure
  • Live In Position
  • Black and White
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
Alexandra Richland spends rotating twelve-hour shifts working as a registered nurse at a Toronto hospital, indulging in her love of science and medicine and caring for patients with their own unique tales to tell.

When she is not on duty, Alexandra escapes into her own imagination. Therein lies a fantasy world of thrilling adventure, gorgeous men, classic Hollywood glamour, exotic getaways, and a
More about Alexandra Richland...