Shadow Academy (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #2)

Shadow Academy (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #2)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  2,117 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The Dark Jedi Brakiss--the student Luke Skywalker expelled from his academy--has learned much since he left. Enough to master the dark side of the Force, and enough to establish his own school for training Jedi--the Shadow Academy. Now Brakiss has an even greater task--kidnap the heirs of the Skywalker bloodline, and turn them to the dark side of the Force.
Published March 15th 1999 by Berkley (first published 1995)

Ron
A decent effort within the constraints of fan fiction and young readers, however the cover art--dominated by a Goth-looking Darksister seems inappropriate for the genre. (Looks like KISS's Gene Simmons in drag. Come to think of it Gene Simmons looks . . . well, never mind.)
Jessica
I'm totally in love with the Young Jedi Knights books. They're so silly, but they were a big part of my childhood, from about age 10-13. I wanted to be Jaina Solo so badly. XD
Bobby Parker
Nearly 20 years after the fall of the Empire, Han Solo and Leia have had twins (Jaina and Jacen) who are now 14. Their twins are training to become Jedi with their uncle Luke Skywalker. On a field trip with Han's friend, Lando, the twins are kidnapped by people who show powers in the dark side. It's up to Luke and another of his studentsto find them before the twins are brought to the power of the darkside on the new dark jedi training academy known as the Shadow Academy.

I think I gave this 3 st...more
Jamie
This was the very first Star Wars book I ever read. Although the writing isn't perfect I loved the characters and story. Jaina, Jacen and their friends are fantastic characters and Kevin J Anderson and his wife did a great job bringing them to life in this series.

Although this was the second book or the series, it was easy to pick up and read as a stand-alone. However, the entire series is definitely worth reading. One thing I wish had more focus in the first several novels was the Shadow Acade...more
Crystal
found this one slightly slower than the first but still a great book. nice easy book for those who want a quick read
Odette
Better than the previous book, the twins an Lowie get into a pretty serious situation. Meanwhile, Tenel Ka gets to hang out with Luke and be as awesome as she always is. There was less parroting of quotations from the original trilogy, which was great, too. More reaction from the twins to their indoctrination (we got to see some of this from Lowie) would have been nice, though I recall being horrified by it all when I was younger, so perhaps it was done to the right amount.
Wealhtheow
The witches of Dathomir, introduced in The Courtship of Princess Leia, are back. And they've started an evil "Shadow Academy" to train Jedi for a resurrected Emperor! And they want Jaina and Jacen to join! Hahhaha, wut? Still, lots of fun, not least because there's a good bit of Luke and some more characterization for Tenel Ka.
Shaun
I can definitely tell that these books were meant for teens, but I still really enjoy reading the novels and about the characters. This is an interesting introduction to the Nightsisters and Tenel Ka's life outside of the Academy. I really enjoyed the maturity and antics that the twins and Lowie displayed at the Shadow Academy. Luke was pretty funny as he kept his power in check in front of the Nightsisters. Overall am enjoyable read.
Ley
This is the second book in a fourteen book series. It definatly is better then the first book in this series. (Don't get me wrong, the first book is great too.) I love this series because it really gets you familiar with important, key characters in The New Jedi Order.

In this book, the Solo kids are kidnapped and taken to Shadow Academy to be trained as Dark Jedi. But the Solo kids aren't broken so easily.
Ari
I read this whole series several times when I was a kid. These were a lot of fun and easy to read. They really helped me along my way to enjoy reading and becoming obessed with Star Wars. We meet alot of charaters that became close frinds to the reader. I feel Anderson was able to identify what i young adult would be lookig for in characters and hit it bullseye. Kudos for a great series.
Kerri Simpson
Ive read most of these a few times. Id say theyre pretty damn good fanfiction and I love the EU. Im pretty picky about my fanfiction. I still love them. Theyre really good even for being made for a younger audience.
Meadow
Jacen and Jaina are on a field trip with Luke, but suddenly kidnapped by a new enemy of the alliance, forced to train in the Shadow Academy.
Luke must find a way to save them, before they turn...or die.
Fabio Puzzacacca
Come con il primo della serie, mal scritto ma accettabile per la fantasia ( quel che ho appena detto è una scemenza assurda...si vede che sono di parte?)
Stephen
Second Young Jedi Knights book. Jacen, Jaina, Lowie, and Tenel Ka grow stronger in the force as they begin to deal with new Dark Jedi.
Amanda Hunsaker
Book 2 in the Young Jedi Knights series. fun and easy read. I have loved these books since I was a kid!
Jen TheArtistLibrarian
May 18, 2011 Jen TheArtistLibrarian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans (Upper Elementary to Adult)
Shelves: star-wars, my-books
Four stars for more of Tenel Ka Chume Ta' Djo's back-story revealed. ;-)
The Third Place A Teen Library
F AND yjk bk. 2

Based on Star Wars

Science Fiction
Amanda
This one was very exciting. Good read.
Whaley Webster
Jekka Jones
My favorite of all the ones I read.
Esperance
They get better and better.
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Pursuit (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #6)
  • Queen of the Empire (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #5)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • The Deadly Hunter (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #11)
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll...more
More about Kevin J. Anderson...
Jedi Search (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy #1) Dark Apprentice (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #2) Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #3) Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5) Darksaber (Star Wars)