Start by marking “We” as Want to Read:
We

We

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  13 reviews
1927. The famous flier's own story of his life and his transatlantic flight, together with his views on the future of aviation. Flying was his trade, his means of livelihood, but the love of it burned in him with a fine passion and his fame gave him a wider scope of usefulness, he announced he would devote himself wholeheartedly to the advance of aeronautics.
Library, 318 pages
Published June 1st 1991 by Buccaneer Books (first published January 1st 1927)

To ask other readers questions about We, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We

Curtiss
Charles A. Lindbergh's autobiography up through his remarkable flight across the Atlantic in the Spirit of St. Louis (the other part of "We" of the title), to win the Ortieg prize in 1927. A very readable and inspiring story of an individual's acheivement, and his affinity with a unique aircraft, perhaps the most famous plane and pilot of all time.

My personal edition is the twenty-first impression of the first edition, December 1927; it was old and beat up when I read is a youngster, and my atte
Joshua Gates
This book caught my eye while I was browsing an antique store and the beauty of it is that it has local significance. I was purely agape holding this first edition in my hands.

Focusing on his life, Lindbergh details his accounts in this fascinating book. He even describes the specs of each aircraft he flew. This gives the reader some sort of understanding of the advancements in aeronautics at the time when airplanes began use as dropping bombs on enemy trenches. I especially enjoyed his lamentat
Gregory Williams
After reading Scott Berg's "Lindbergh", I had to read the aviator's personal account, created in a hurry to get to press in 1927. It's fine - written with a staccato fact-fact-fact rhythm, but it's of an incredibly impactful event by the auteur of that event - the first non-stop trans-Atlantic flight. Lindbergh was to later pen "The Spirit of St. Louis" with the help of his wife, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, which I will eventually read as well. This one just give me real-time authentic historical con ...more
Jeff Youngblood
It is RARE for me to read a book completely in one day but I could not put this one down. A great read. History from the pilot himself
Kennyo
Not great writing but truly a great first hand story. My copy is from the fourth printing of the first edition and I handle it gingerly.
Bob
A simple but very enjoyable book. Lindbergh was not an author (obviously), but he doesn't pretend to be...he simply tells his story in a layman's voice giving us a personal peek inside the life of someone who made history.

If you're looking for a weekend read with a historical and whimsy flavor..check this one out.
Gary Christensen
Jun 29, 2008 Gary Christensen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Aviation buffs and Lindbergh fans
Recommended to Gary by: Mentioned in Berg's Lindbergh Bio.
This is a beautiful book. The story of Lindbergh's Atlantic flight told simply and shortly after, before his fame became unmanageable. "We" refers to he and his plane. If you see the plane in Washington now, their accomplishment, pilot and plane, is virtually inconceivable.
Chase Clark
I have an old edition of this book and it is a one of my treasured books. I read this book in junior high most likely and loved it. This is a great first-hand story about the earlier days of aviation and the triumph of mankind in conquering new frontiers and setting records.
Frances
Something in my reading of this book made a mark on my mind and heart which makes me remember WE as the true portrait of Lindbergh. I prefer this telling of his story, rather than his "The Spirit of St. Louis."
Justina Hayden
Aug 17, 2009 Justina Hayden rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Justina by: My parents gave it to me.
This was the first non picture book I ever read; I was just 5 and, as I've never reread it, my memory is pretty hazy. That was 64 years ago.
Jul 05, 2008 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Flying Enthusiasts
He showed that air can be conquered and not something to be feared.
Daniel
I still have this original 1928 book.
Megan
Postponed (too fragile for plane)
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Mark Mortensen
Mark Mortensen marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Barbara Adde
Barbara Adde marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Mark
Mark added it
Dec 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Son of Charles A. Lindbergh Sr..
Charles Augustus Lindbergh (nicknamed "Slim," "Lucky Lindy" and "The Lone Eagle") was an American aviator, author, inventor, explorer, and social activist.

Lindbergh, then a 25-year old U.S. Air Mail pilot, emerged from virtual obscurity to almost instantaneous world fame as the result of his Orteig Prize-winning solo non-stop on May 20–21, 1927, from Roosevelt Field
More about Charles A. Lindbergh...
The Spirit of St. Louis The Wartime Journals Autobiography of Values Of Flight and Life The Boyhood Diary Of Charles Lindbergh, 1913 1916: Early Adventures Of The Famous Aviator