Start by marking “Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)” as Want to Read:
Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)

Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night #11)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,330 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
The USA Today bestselling author continues her Wings in the Night series. When two girls go missing in a small New Hampshire town, paranormal investigator Maxine Stuart teams up with retired cop Lou Malone. But Maxie soon finds herself up against a force even she isn't ready for. Original.
Hardcover, Large Print
Published July 1st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Twilight

Delta
Aug 08, 2015 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy/romance
Megan
Sep 26, 2007 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire Romance Fans
Book 8 in the "Wings in the Night" series- at least if you are reading them in chronological order. If you are reading by publishing order then follow the numbering on Goodreads/Amazon.

Great book, definitely one of the best in the series.... it is continued with Prince of Twilight (a book that takes place about 16 years later)..... love Max and Lou in this one! They are soooo funny together I was laughing out loud!

Max "Mad Max" (Maxine Stuart) is Morgan's twin sister (from Twilight Hunger) wher
Jasmyn
This is the first book in the Wings in the Night series where the main couple isn't a type of vampire or vampire-like person. Instead we have a friend of the vampires "Mad Maxie" and a police detective, Lou Malone, taking the center stage for the romance. There is still plenty of paranormal types to go around though so don't worry about missing her wonderful vampires.

The town of Endover is just plain weird. It's residents seem to be under a constant mind fog and even Max and her friends feel so
Keelynn Hardy
May 21, 2015 Keelynn Hardy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the last book of the Wings in the Night series that I read as a teenager. I don't think I even finished it back then, I just put it down one day and decided to move on from the whole bookworm hobby altogether. Ever since deciding to reread the series, Blue Twilight is the title that I've most been looking forward to picking up, and I can say that it didn't disappoint.

The stakes in this story don't feel as high as they did in Twilight Hunger, but I don't think they were meant to be. For
Saturnus
Maxie "Inte rädd för någonting" Stewart ger sig tillsammans med sin bästa vän Tempest "Stormy" Jones och crushen Lou Malone ut på ett uppdrag. Ett updrag som komer visa sig vara allt annat än normalt, där vampyrer är vardagsmat och självaste vampyrgreven är...
Marsha
Apr 10, 2013 Marsha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely liked this book. This book should be read right after Twilight Hunger. It's not easy to determine the order of books since author created "filler books" later in the game to expand the stories.
Debra
Nov 17, 2015 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If your reading this review prior to reading the book - be aware that it takes place immediately following Morgan and Dante's story. There is a fork in the stories - the numbers veer toward Sarafina, Dante's great aunt. But this one follows up with Stormy, Max and Lou in which they move into Morgan's home that she left to Max.

Also, be prepared to IMMEDIATELY jump into the next book Prince of Twilight.

Shayne takes a different viewpoint in this book in that she's writing a romance between humans i
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Wings in the Night
Serena
Oct 24, 2012 Serena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
TRAMA: Endover è una ridente e serena cittadina del New Hampshire. In apparenza. Sotto la superficie si agitano infatti oscuri desideri e poteri antichissimi. L'unica in grado di capire che cosa sta succedendo davvero è Mad Maxie. Ma la presenza maligna che controlla la città cerca in tutti i modi di ostacolarla. E nemmeno Lou Malone, l'uomo di cui lei è innamorata da sempre, riesce a convincerla ad abbandonare la sua crociata contro il folle assetato di sangue... e di amore.
Nono volume della se
blue
If I had read this seven years ago, or, hell, five, it would probably be a five-star read. The characters are absolutely wonderful - I loved Lou and Max back then, and I adore them now -- and the plot is pretty fun, and the sexual tension/relationship between Max and Lou is what I enjoyed so much about reading this book. When I was a kid, I loved this shit. This series was the BOMB for me, because 1. VAMPIRES and 2. The characters and (most important) 3. The sex. When I was younger, like fucking ...more
Moniqueh
There wasn't any problem with the writing or the story line. But I only give it three stars because it wasn't a book you could sink your teeth into (pardon the pun). I found it a bit long winded and actually found myself skipping a few of the last pages because I just wanted to see how it ended. It's a easy going book with nothing too exciting happening in it.

I do like how the author took a different outlook on the "vampires" and made them not evil monsters but actually the only word that comes
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Yes, I suppose I've broken my own golden rule. "Thou shalt not read a series out of order." But to my defense, when I picked it up I was too lazy to notice it was a series before I was into it.

It's always easier to discuss the characters first, isn't it? And really, they're the most important. I found Maxie cutely ambitious chasing her love-interest Lou, her general personality amusing and cushy, while the same went for her friend and semi-sidekick Stormy. I hold no real qualms with the characte
Kathy
Flamingcrystal Flamingcrystal
If it wasn't for the constant use of the words God and Jesus - in almost every conversation between the characters - I would have rate this book 4 stars. The vampire could have at least more original name than VLAD DRACUL...he wasn't evil or scary enough. The vampire should have fallen for the strong lead character Mad Maxine instead of for Max's best friend Stormy, I would have love to see Maxine kicks the vamp's ass to kingdom come.
JoAnne
Apr 02, 2014 JoAnne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-psh
Max and Storm are moving to their new place, courtesy of Max's sister, to start their own private eye business. They get a call from an old friend named Jason. His sister has gone missing. He got a strange call from her. He tried to call back but could not get through. Max, Storm and Lou go to Endover and start working on the case. But the town is strange. The people are strange. Storm starts acting very weird. It's like someone else is in her head. Something happened to her when she was shot in ...more
Tigger
May 21, 2010 Tigger rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
What a waste of a few good holiday hours!

The fact that this book is part of a series - but that knowledge wasn't gleaned until halfway through the book - doesn't really help the meagre storyline, and the badly formed and not really concluded at all plotline. The characters felt like pathetic and annoying cliches - spunky, big talking and hot Maxine Stuart, "tough talking" but bruised by life hot cop Lou Malone, Tempest (come ON) Jones and the supposedly pathetic because of his not-manliness Jaso
Iris
Characters in my opinion can make or break a book. If you can't make a connection with a character you're bound to not enjoy the book much. In this instance, I had issues with Max. Although a pretty good book, I had a hard time with the character of Max and her maturity level. Her obsession with Lou was starting was embarrassing to behold and starting to get down right creepy. She was starting to resemble a stalker. This not so redeeming character flaw lessened my enjoyment of the actual story. ...more
Cindy
May 03, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, 4-stars, vampire
This book has a vampire in it, but is he really such a bad guy?
But the main part of the story involves Maggie and her friends, trying to help out another old friend, who's sister is in the hands of the vampire.
They discover strange things in the little town close to the vampire.
Next to that there is the love story between Maggie and Lou. He has his past and doesn't want to ruin their friendship.
Maggie's friend Storm has her own problems, there seems to be another person in her body and it is rea
Bobbie
Sep 09, 2015 Bobbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very suspenseful. Great characters with lots of interaction. Surprising plot twists.
Deb Carroll
Jan 02, 2015 Deb Carroll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I only recently started reading these books but I was hooked pretty quick. I enjoy the fact that Maggie has a different idea of vampires and with this book she has added past lives. This book focuses on Max and Lou's love story more then anything but it does set the picture for another book featuring Stormy and Dracula. I am looking forward to reading that one.
I would suggest reading these books and getting to know the mind of Maggie Shayne. The characters are easy to like and the fact that the
Ainhoa de Alberto
No es una novela especialmente aburrida, pero todo resulta demasiado previsible desde los primeros capítulos. Los acontecimientos se van sucediendo de forma caótica, con muy poca lógica. El argumento se alarga de forma interminable e innecesaria, porque todo está dicho desde las primeras páginas. En realidad, me ha parecido un prólogo innecesariamente largo para la historia de Stormy. El final sólo es el inicio de otra historia. Por último, el romance no enamora por culpa del lamentable espectác ...more
Steph
Aug 05, 2015 Steph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maggie-shayne
love this series, :)
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
4/5 angel stars
Jim Duncan
Not great, not poor, just did not hold my interest. I read this on recommendation from my wife, who is a Maggie Shayne fan. The writing was fine, and I was interested mainly because of the notion of the vampire controlling a town, which was relevant to a story I was writing. I stopped reading about halfway through, but that shouldn't be a considered a knock on the book. Shayne fans likely will feel just fine about this book. So, this is kind of a neutral review.
Rachael
This time Maggie Shayne went WAAAY in the other direction. There was onle ONE intimate scene in the whole darn book! There was a plot, but it had a sort of "Groundhog Day" quality where I swear they spent like a week just wandering around and meeting people when they could have gotten onto the damn island!

I don't like that this book is not a stand alone read and left you with a cliff hanger. Doesn't follow. I hope the next one is better.
Natalie
Book 11 in the Wings of the Night series. This is the story of Maxine who is the sister of Morgan from book 7. We met Maxine in that book. This is the least paranormal of this paranormal romance series since neither the heroine nor the hero are supernatural in any way, just everyone around them. It was the least interesting book I've read in this series. But the rest of the series isn't half bad so don't base it on this.
Elsbeth Koek
Feb 04, 2016 Elsbeth Koek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this.
Rachel
Sep 07, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in this vampire series that I've read. The rules are different from some others. The book is your basic mind-candy, fun read with suspense, paranormal and romance. This is Maxie and Lou's love story plus an introduction to Storm's, which is covered in the next book. I look forward to reading the next one.
Tabitha Peterson
oh my god that was a good book i could barly put it down. and now i have to see what happens between dracula and stormy :). I knew Lou loved Max but he was still in dinal he just needed to tell her that he loved her. i love the part where he said he was going to beat jason because he was getting jealous it mad me lol :D
Cristina Contilli
"Dolcezza, non ti preoccupare, è te che voglio. Non pace e tranquillità, ma la vivace, adorabile Mad Max Stuart."

Carino, anche se la mia impressione è che i rosa paranormali si somgliano troppo tra loro come personaggi, ancora di più dei rosa storici... voi cosa ne pensate?
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Dead Perfect
  • Moonglow
  • Night Fires (Vampire #1)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane, #4)
  • Be Mine Forever (Forever Vampires #3)
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)
  • Man of My Dreams (includes: The League, #3.5)
  • A Very Gothic Christmas (Feehan Christmas Stories, #1)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

Wings in the Night (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)
  • Twilight Memories (Wings in the Night, #2)
  • Twilight Illusions (Wings in the Night, #3)
  • Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)
  • Twilight Hunger (Wings in the Night, #7)
  • Embrace the Twilight (Wings in the Night, #8)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
  • Before Blue Twilight (Wings in the night #10.5 - A prequel Novella)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Demon's Kiss (Wings in the Night #13)