Start by marking “Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)” as Want to Read:
Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)

Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night #11)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,170 ratings  ·  47 reviews
A mysterious vampire has the town of Endover, New Hampshire, in thrall, and now female tourists are disappearing. When found, they have no memory of where they've been or what's happened to them. Maxine Stuart, a private investigator specializing in the paranormal, takes the case when a friend's daughter goes missing. Now, together with retired cop Lou Malone, she finds he ...more
Hardcover, Large Print
Published July 1st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Twilight

Megan
Sep 26, 2007 Megan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire Romance Fans
Book 8 in the "Wings in the Night" series- at least if you are reading them in chronological order. If you are reading by publishing order then follow the numbering on Goodreads/Amazon.

Great book, definitely one of the best in the series.... it is continued with Prince of Twilight (a book that takes place about 16 years later)..... love Max and Lou in this one! They are soooo funny together I was laughing out loud!

Max "Mad Max" (Maxine Stuart) is Morgan's twin sister (from Twilight Hunger) wher
Jasmyn
This is the first book in the Wings in the Night series where the main couple isn't a type of vampire or vampire-like person. Instead we have a friend of the vampires "Mad Maxie" and a police detective, Lou Malone, taking the center stage for the romance. There is still plenty of paranormal types to go around though so don't worry about missing her wonderful vampires.

The town of Endover is just plain weird. It's residents seem to be under a constant mind fog and even Max and her friends feel so
Saturnus
Maxie "Inte rädd för någonting" Stewart ger sig tillsammans med sin bästa vän Tempest "Stormy" Jones och crushen Lou Malone ut på ett uppdrag. Ett updrag som komer visa sig vara allt annat än normalt, där vampyrer är vardagsmat och självaste vampyrgreven är...
Marsha
Definitely liked this book. This book should be read right after Twilight Hunger. It's not easy to determine the order of books since author created "filler books" later in the game to expand the stories.
Deb
I only recently started reading these books but I was hooked pretty quick. I enjoy the fact that Maggie has a different idea of vampires and with this book she has added past lives. This book focuses on Max and Lou's love story more then anything but it does set the picture for another book featuring Stormy and Dracula. I am looking forward to reading that one.
I would suggest reading these books and getting to know the mind of Maggie Shayne. The characters are easy to like and the fact that the
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Wings in the Night
Serena
TRAMA: Endover è una ridente e serena cittadina del New Hampshire. In apparenza. Sotto la superficie si agitano infatti oscuri desideri e poteri antichissimi. L'unica in grado di capire che cosa sta succedendo davvero è Mad Maxie. Ma la presenza maligna che controlla la città cerca in tutti i modi di ostacolarla. E nemmeno Lou Malone, l'uomo di cui lei è innamorata da sempre, riesce a convincerla ad abbandonare la sua crociata contro il folle assetato di sangue... e di amore.
Nono volume della se
Mika
If I had read this seven years ago, or, hell, five, it would probably be a five-star read. The characters are absolutely wonderful - I loved Lou and Max back then, and I adore them now -- and the plot is pretty fun, and the sexual tension/relationship between Max and Lou is what I enjoyed so much about reading this book. When I was a kid, I loved this shit. This series was the BOMB for me, because 1. VAMPIRES and 2. The characters and (most important) 3. The sex. When I was younger, like fucking ...more
Stefanie
Ik heb dit boek al een hele tijd geleden gewonnen, gesigneerd zelfs, en meteen gelezen. Nu ik echter (bijna) alle boeken heb van deze reeks dacht ik ze allemaal eens te (her)lezen!

Persoonlijk ben ik wel fan van vampieren, gelijk welke, dus dit is écht wel iets voor mij. De achterflap was in ieder geval veelbelovend. Een detectiveverhaal met een 'nieuw' kantje! Maxine Stuart is namelijk niet zo maar een privédetective, ze weet immers van het bestaan van vampieren. Dus wanneer er meisjes verdwijne
Moniqueh
There wasn't any problem with the writing or the story line. But I only give it three stars because it wasn't a book you could sink your teeth into (pardon the pun). I found it a bit long winded and actually found myself skipping a few of the last pages because I just wanted to see how it ended. It's a easy going book with nothing too exciting happening in it.

I do like how the author took a different outlook on the "vampires" and made them not evil monsters but actually the only word that comes
Erin (*is in a reviewing slump*)
Yes, I suppose I've broken my own golden rule. "Thou shalt not read a series out of order." But to my defense, when I picked it up I was too lazy to notice it was a series before I was into it.

It's always easier to discuss the characters first, isn't it? And really, they're the most important. I found Maxie cutely ambitious chasing her love-interest Lou, her general personality amusing and cushy, while the same went for her friend and semi-sidekick Stormy. I hold no real qualms with the characte
Kathy
Marlaine Flamingcrystal
If it wasn't for the constant use of the words God and Jesus - in almost every conversation between the characters - I would have rate this book 4 stars. The vampire could have at least more original name than VLAD DRACUL...he wasn't evil or scary enough. The vampire should have fallen for the strong lead character Mad Maxine instead of for Max's best friend Stormy, I would have love to see Maxine kicks the vamp's ass to kingdom come.
JoAnne
Max and Storm are moving to their new place, courtesy of Max's sister, to start their own private eye business. They get a call from an old friend named Jason. His sister has gone missing. He got a strange call from her. He tried to call back but could not get through. Max, Storm and Lou go to Endover and start working on the case. But the town is strange. The people are strange. Storm starts acting very weird. It's like someone else is in her head. Something happened to her when she was shot in ...more
Tigger
What a waste of a few good holiday hours!

The fact that this book is part of a series - but that knowledge wasn't gleaned until halfway through the book - doesn't really help the meagre storyline, and the badly formed and not really concluded at all plotline. The characters felt like pathetic and annoying cliches - spunky, big talking and hot Maxine Stuart, "tough talking" but bruised by life hot cop Lou Malone, Tempest (come ON) Jones and the supposedly pathetic because of his not-manliness Jaso
Iris
Characters in my opinion can make or break a book. If you can't make a connection with a character you're bound to not enjoy the book much. In this instance, I had issues with Max. Although a pretty good book, I had a hard time with the character of Max and her maturity level. Her obsession with Lou was starting was embarrassing to behold and starting to get down right creepy. She was starting to resemble a stalker. This not so redeeming character flaw lessened my enjoyment of the actual story. ...more
Jim Duncan
Not great, not poor, just did not hold my interest. I read this on recommendation from my wife, who is a Maggie Shayne fan. The writing was fine, and I was interested mainly because of the notion of the vampire controlling a town, which was relevant to a story I was writing. I stopped reading about halfway through, but that shouldn't be a considered a knock on the book. Shayne fans likely will feel just fine about this book. So, this is kind of a neutral review.
Rachael
This time Maggie Shayne went WAAAY in the other direction. There was onle ONE intimate scene in the whole darn book! There was a plot, but it had a sort of "Groundhog Day" quality where I swear they spent like a week just wandering around and meeting people when they could have gotten onto the damn island!

I don't like that this book is not a stand alone read and left you with a cliff hanger. Doesn't follow. I hope the next one is better.
Natalie
Book 11 in the Wings of the Night series. This is the story of Maxine who is the sister of Morgan from book 7. We met Maxine in that book. This is the least paranormal of this paranormal romance series since neither the heroine nor the hero are supernatural in any way, just everyone around them. It was the least interesting book I've read in this series. But the rest of the series isn't half bad so don't base it on this.
Rachel
This is the first book in this vampire series that I've read. The rules are different from some others. The book is your basic mind-candy, fun read with suspense, paranormal and romance. This is Maxie and Lou's love story plus an introduction to Storm's, which is covered in the next book. I look forward to reading the next one.
Tabitha Peterson
oh my god that was a good book i could barly put it down. and now i have to see what happens between dracula and stormy :). I knew Lou loved Max but he was still in dinal he just needed to tell her that he loved her. i love the part where he said he was going to beat jason because he was getting jealous it mad me lol :D
Cristina Contilli
"Dolcezza, non ti preoccupare, è te che voglio. Non pace e tranquillità, ma la vivace, adorabile Mad Max Stuart."

Carino, anche se la mia impressione è che i rosa paranormali si somgliano troppo tra loro come personaggi, ancora di più dei rosa storici... voi cosa ne pensate?
Amanda
this book was WAY better then i thought it was. it was a good suspense book with romance on the side. but..i was getting mad at lou because he was being a typical stubborn male...but...it all worked out in the end..and now i really really really wannna read the sequel....
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
There was a time where I read every single Ms. Shayne book. I still am a fan of her books. This series did seem to feel kind of the same over and over. I remember enjoying this book, but it's totally not memorable. I remember Max just a bit, but that's about all.
Carmen
I knew this book was part of a series, but decided to read it anyway, even though I haven't read any of the others. It was an okay book, and I am curious as to what happens next, but I doubt I will go looking for the rest of the series.
Maggie V
I didn't realize it was a part of a series (which may have cleared up some confusion), and it didn't focus as much on the vampire as I was expecting. I'm not sure that it was good enough to go back and read the first books.
Francesca
I loved the book. Very entertaining, I got everything I was looking for, romance, suspense, dialogue... Max and Lou are by far my favorite characters. I'll surely read the next...
I struggle to like Lou at start. Max has loved him forever and the 1 time she try to get him it blows up in her face. He does save her from danger and their is a great HEA.
Britta
Aug 16, 2008 Britta rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kim
Recommended to Britta by: Gina
The human side of Shayne's vampire world. Elegant and lovely. I almost liked Maxine and Lou's story (both of whom are human) better than some of the vampires' stories.
Wendalyn Hoff
This book was pretty good. I am now reading the second one. I love Max and Lou they are my favorite characters in this book.
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Dead Perfect
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • A Very Gothic Christmas (Christmas, #1)
  • Moonglow
  • Kiss Me Forever / Love Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1-2)
  • Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)
  • Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • After Midnight (Cabot, #1)
  • Darkness Unknown (Paladins of Darkness, #5)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...
An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1) Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5) Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5) The Gingerbread Man Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)