Start by marking “Lights, Camera, Faith...! A Movie Lectionary, Cycle A” as Want to Read:
Lights, Camera, Faith...! A Movie Lectionary, Cycle A

Lights, Camera, Faith...! A Movie Lectionary, Cycle A

Faith and life come together in this unique approach to the lectionary. Each Sunday's readings are seen through the lens of a particular movie that highlights themes or issues emphasized in the Gospel. It proposes practical points for reflection, conversation and personal growth, in addition to insightful film analysis.
Published January 1st 2001 by Pauline Books & Media

Be the first to ask a question about Lights, Camera, Faith...! A Movie Lectionary, Cycle A

Kathleen Dixon
For anyone who combines a love of movies with an interest in Christian Education, this book is fabulous. And there are two others like it! For each week of the year there is a movie and a theme to fit with the Lectionary. The movies are wide-ranging in style - some of them I've seen, some I want to, some I've never heard of - and what a delight it will be when I can lead people in exploring them.
Elena
Apr 19, 2016 Elena rated it liked it
This book is a great resource for reflection and discussion on movies using the Church's Sunday Scriptures. It uses Cycle A. A short summary of the movie, commentary, key scenes to focus on using the Gospel of the day and a prayer at the end. I read it by myself and enjoyed but I can see how reading in a group will enhance the experience.
Molly Hansen
Molly Hansen rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Darlene
Darlene rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Jeannie D. Thompson
Jeannie D. Thompson rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Salome
Salome added it
Nov 18, 2011
Isela
Isela marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2013
Dawn Hickey
Dawn Hickey marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016