Start by marking “I Love School!” as Want to Read:
I Love School!

I Love School!

What's your favorite part of the school day?

Come along to a warm, friendly world of reading and writing, singing and painting, and all-around fun that will make you want to yell, "I love school!"
Published July 3rd 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about I Love School!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love School!

Kiah Ballard
Jun 28, 2015 Kiah Ballard rated it liked it
Shelves: school-related
I thougt this book was such a good example of all the fun things that can happen at school. This book could be introduced at the beginning of the year to help ease the transition that some students may be going through. We could pick out some things from the book that the students would like to try in their own classroom.
Kiera Turner
Jun 19, 2014 Kiera Turner rated it it was amazing
Great book to read during the first week of school. The activities that the children do in the book can help me as a teacher make the connection between the learning centers that my children will have available in the classroom. This book would also be good when planning a lesson on rhyming words!
Kevin Huot
Sep 11, 2016 Kevin Huot rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
This book is all about the things that kids do in school. I enjoyed this book because it shows that you can get along with others and it's ok to do anything school appropriate. I would use this book to show that it's ok to be yourself in school as long as you are kind.
Zequoia Hyche
Jul 14, 2014 Zequoia Hyche rated it liked it
Shelves: learning-tools
I Love School is a wonderful book. Before I even started reading the story, the first page included very interesting facts about school related items and things that children learn in school. This was a nice addition to the book, because some of those facts I did not know anything about. The story displayed great illustrations and bright colors. The pictures were big enough to see and so was the font. I liked how the words rhymed and how it showcased manipulatives that you would find in a normal ...more
Jaelyn J.
Jun 18, 2015 Jaelyn J. added it
Shelves: school
This book is so lovely! It gives a great example of a literacy-rich environment. It is also super fun to read with kids. An activity that I would do with my preschoolers is make a collage of pictures and words that represent why they love school. This will be an individual project made with the family and when everyone is done with their collage, the class would make a big collage out of the individual ones.
Hannah Morrison
To be blatant, I have read too many children's book with white female teachers. However, this book was used in my Kindergarten class to work on sentence building which was a successful lesson. The simple plot and bright illustrations made it a great read aloud. I also appreciate a book that points out the enjoyable parts of school rather than the negatives. It's an easy book, but I would search for something else to use in my class if possible.
TL
Mar 30, 2015 TL rated it liked it
Read with my niece and before that, listened to mom reading it to her... I can see why it's her favorite book of the moment (besides the Night Before Christmas) :).

Obviously I'm not the right audience haha ;-), but it was a cute little book and it makes Ally happy.. which is the important thing. The artwork isn't the greatest but it's nice for what it is.

Carly Gates
Jul 13, 2013 Carly Gates rated it liked it
Shelves: going-to-school
This book didn't really thrill me. However it's a good book for children just starting school.I would have enjoyed it more as an elementary school child, but as an adult I do NOT love school! I'd use this as possibly a writing assignment. I'd read the book then have the children list what they love about school.
Rhaynes5
Jun 23, 2013 Rhaynes5 rated it it was ok
I Love School is a good read for children first entering school. It is also a good read for students who maybe apprehensive or nervous about going to school. The children might enjoy the colorful illustrations as well! I would use this book in my classroom the first week of school to make students feel comfortable and let them know that soon they will love school too!!
Emily Pinnick
Feb 24, 2013 Emily Pinnick rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read on the first day of school or within the first week. It has a lot of vocabulary in it and can be used to ease some of the first day/ new year tension that kids have. It is also a good book to use with new readers. It has a lot of word repetition and is great for beginning readers.
Mackenzie Rodeghier
Feb 12, 2013 Mackenzie Rodeghier rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Ahh if only all students had this attitude toward school! The author and illustrator of this book do a fine job of portraying a fun and exciting day at school. Emergent readers can practice with this story because it rhymes and is somewhat predictable- making it easy for them to practice the words and phrases. 5 stars!
Kelsey Scherer
Feb 05, 2013 Kelsey Scherer rated it it was amazing
A great book to read for little ones just beginning school. It uses rhymes and illustrates to help them predict what's next and to help them read along. I enjoyed this and would love to use it in my classroom.
Shakeema Gabriel
Jul 03, 2014 Shakeema Gabriel rated it really liked it
This book would be awesome to a do a rhyming activity on. I could read this to my class to show them a glimpse of how a school day would go on the first day. I could also show the different centers they have in the book that matches the things in our classroom as well.
Blakeley Norris
This was a cute book that talks about students liking school. It talks about all the activities and things students get to partake in while at school. It would be a great book for the first day back to school because it talks so much about enjoying school.
Tara Mensing
This is a wonderful book for introducing vocabulary or broadening and expanding comprehension. There is lots of repetition and simple sentences for beginning readers. I read this as a big book so you could use so many reading strategies for the class with it.
Barbara
Sep 11, 2008 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Great picture book for preschoolers or kindergarteners getting ready to come to school. The pictures are fairly universal. The words are simple and rhyme. Even very active children are generally interested.
Sabeen
Jun 28, 2014 Sabeen added it
I love school is a good way to make children think about what they do in school and what they should be doing in school. The text also has many rhyming words that children can make sound connections to.
Alison Tripp
Oct 02, 2011 Alison Tripp rated it liked it
Shelves: first-6-weeks
An ok book for getting kids excited about school. I don't like that first part has so much to do with free play when realistically that is being taken out of the classrooms at a rapid pace. Most schools also don't allow trading food due to food allergies and behavioral problems.
Leah
Great book to read to your students. Good way for students to learn their days of the week!!! However, I don't know why the book is called Monday, thought it was going to be about something in particular about Mondays.
Monique Williams
This is a book I would definitely read at the beginning of the school year and at the end of the year for preschool children who will be entering a school building in kindergarten that will be different from their preschool environment.
Misty
Apr 10, 2011 Misty rated it liked it
This is a book I would read on the first day of school to a pre-k or kindergarten class. It would help get these young students excited about what they are going to be doing for the up coming school. Hopefully they will love school too!
Jermeria Daniel
Jun 28, 2015 Jermeria Daniel rated it really liked it
This book would be used to ask children what their favorite part of school is. After a week or so of being in school, I would create a chart and display everyone's favorite part of the school day for their parents and others to see.
Brianna Morris
This big book was read in my class to demonstrate how to read a big book with students. I enjoyed this book because it was so simple and would be great to use for choral or echo reading with a class of students.
Janet Chen
Apr 05, 2011 Janet Chen rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Great book once again to read at the beginning of the school year to introduce students to some of the things that happen at school. The pictures are cute and from the writing and illustrations I would want to read this to the younger grades probably pre-k through 1st.
Brooke
Mar 03, 2010 Brooke rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Owen just started preschool a few months ago, and his face lit up as I read this to him. Woo-hoo! This one received big smiles at our house!
Kirstin Kemppainen
Feb 06, 2013 Kirstin Kemppainen rated it really liked it
This was a very repetitive book that young readers would be able to use the pictures to help read. I love the idea of big books and I definitely want to incorporate them into my future classroom.
Nerissa Lindauer
Apr 08, 2013 Nerissa Lindauer rated it really liked it
This book is very predictable and would be great to use on the first day of school with emerging or begging readers.
Cheyenne
This book is a good book about school. Though, it'd be good for pre-k, unfortunately most of the things the kids do in the book are things Kindergartener's are no longer allowed to do in school.
Tuyet Tran
Dec 07, 2010 Tuyet Tran rated it really liked it
Shelves: school
This book gives reason for children to go to school everyday.I Love School! Read this book and let the students develop appreciation for going to school.
Emily Graham
I Love School is an excellent book for emergent readers as well as beginning readers. It is highly predictable and has great illustrations to give students clues as to what the text is saying.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »