I'll Catch the Moon

I'll Catch the Moon

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The gifted author-photographer of One Hot Summer Day uses her photo-collage images to take her readers on a dream-like journey of discovery. The moon floats outside a young girl's window, shiny as a new quarter. And she imagines building a ladder to outer space, going up and up until she can hold it in her hands. Full-color photos.
Published May 1st 1996 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about I'll Catch the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Catch the Moon

Charlie
Before I Read: I look at the title and wonder to myself, will she catch the moon?

After I Read: I realize that she wants to catch the moon. She's not exactly doing it. I also realize the girl isn't a drawing.
C Rain
I really don't think the collage style of illustrations works here. Certain pages remind me of my middle school science textbook in the early to mid 90s.
Angel B
I was really excited about this book since my 2yr-old says all the time that he wants to "Catch the moon." But this book didn't really do it for me.
Chris Schoettmer
A story about a young girl's imagination and how she dreams how she will reach the moon from her bedroom window.
Ebookwormy
Imaginative, but a little too complex. We liked "Below" much better.
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Casey
Casey added it
Nov 16, 2013
Ashley Teagle
Ashley Teagle marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Sharon
Sharon added it
Mar 09, 2013
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Aaron Crabtree
Aaron Crabtree marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Nina Crews is a well known author and an illustrator children's books. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
More about Nina Crews...
The Neighborhood Mother Goose Below Jack and the Beanstalk Sky-High Guy One Hot Summer Day