Daisy (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #2)

Daisy (The Year I Turned Sixteen #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Daisy is tired of her goodie two-shoes image and she's ready to break loose! Her new boyfriend Peter has really opened her eyes and convinced her to be more daring. The only problem is that her sisters want the old Daisy back.
Published January 27th 1999 by Archway Paperbacks (first published September 1st 1998)

Audrey
I'd give this 3.5-4.0 rating. I liked a lot better than Rose's story.

This one is about Daisy, the second oldest Walker daughter, who leads a hardworking, happy life. She is a star athlete at her school, popular, with perfect grades. When she injures her leg and can no longer participate in her sports she becomes very depressed. Right about this time she also meets Peter, a [cute] high school dropout who had just moved to town. Peter's bitter and careless, rebel party-boy attitude begins to rub o...more
Brenda L.
Joanna
Compared to Rose, I think I may like rose better, but not by much. I think Daisy was just being stupid for a good portion of the book and didn't want to admit it for fear of looking stupid or for fear of being wrong. I do agree with how she felt about Hal though. I don't think it was correct of him to say all of the things he did, no matter how long he had been dating their mom. It's just not right and I think thats why Daisy behaved as she did towards him.
Samantha Glasser
Daisy is sixteen, and she's a star athlete, but she suffers an injury and is out for the season. In her free time, she meets Peter, a bad boy that her family does not approve of. But she doesn't care and she keeps seeing him.

I liked Daisy a lot, which surprised me because I'm not into sports and I thought I wouldn't be able to relate. But the relationship between Daisy and Peter is strong and complicated and it held my interest. Also, the strength of this book makes the subsequent books more po...more
Maggie
I give it a 2.5. I didn't dislike it, but it wasn't very engaging. It was just okay. I feel like it would've been better if it was a little more detailed. IDK.
Michelle riego
although she didn't get a happy love story in the end, i like the way it ended up being herself again
Karen Hickory
Karen Hickory marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Makayla
Makayla marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Jordan
Jordan added it
Mar 20, 2014
Poppy
Poppy added it
Mar 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Year I Turned Sixteen (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #1-4) Rose (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #1) Laurel (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #3) Summer Love (Silver Beach, #1) Lily (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #4)