Start by marking “The G.O.D. Experiments: How Science Is Discovering God in Everything, Including Us” as Want to Read:

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  10 reviews
DOES GOD EXIST ONLY IN OUR HEARTS? According to highly esteemed scientist Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., there is compelling scientific evidence that we no longer have to accept God on faith alone. Through a multidisciplinary approach, Harvard University-educated Dr. Schwartz blends psychology, quantum physics, and mathematics to examine the science of spirit. Faith and science ...more
Published April 4th 2006 by Atria Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The G.O.D. Experiments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The G.O.D. Experiments

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian
"For the record, I should state what is hopefully obvious by now. If you asked me the question 'Are you trying to use science to prove the existence of God?' my response would be, 'Absolutely not. What I am attempting to do is to use the scientific method in an open-minded manner to enable God - if he/she/it/they exist - to prove his existence himself.'"

The G.O.D. Experiments: How Science Is Discovering God In Everything, Including Us by Gary E. Schwartz with William L. Simon. Wow what an intere
Carol
I should have read John McGraw's review first! I confess that I didn't have the patience to follow the author's "scientific/logical" proofs -- why get in a argument about something I already sense is true? But for those who really want to be serious about this, the book has a 20+ page review and study guide!
Mike Bleed
A waste of time. I don't think the author should be allowed to use the word "experiments" because that sort of implies a scientific experiment. Following a guy around Tucson who guesses at what the trqaffic/weather will be like is not very convincing or entertaining.
LeAnna
Oct 13, 2010 LeAnna added it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Not very well written. Not very compelling evidence, either. Couldn't finish it - only got about a quarter of the way through.
Donna
Recommended for anyone who is intrigued byt the idea osf science being able to prove the existence of the supernatural.
Rachel
Jul 26, 2007 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
That science is proving there is a desinging process of the universe organized by a supreme entity.
Mike
It is amazing to me to think that the author is actually a college professor.
Walt
Thought-provoking, but too often the author makes a leap that's not justified.
Myra
A great book for the scientifically minded!
Cristin
This is a reeeeeeally interesting book
Leon
Leon added it
Nov 11, 2014
Tom Haddox
Tom Haddox marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Ecenhua Maiz
Ecenhua Maiz marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Renee Margaux
Renee Margaux marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Cara Marie
Cara Marie marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Rati Mekhrishvili
Rati Mekhrishvili marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Yaz
Yaz marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Cara Morris
Cara Morris marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Mary Beth
Mary Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Gabriel Morales
Gabriel Morales marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Mar 28, 2014
Rubens Mazzini
Rubens Mazzini marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychology, Medicine, Neurology, Psychiatry, and Surgery at the University of Arizona, at the main campus in Tucson. In addition to teaching courses on health and spiritual psychology, he is the Director of the Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health.

Gary received his Ph.D. in psychology from Harvard University in 1971 and was an assistant profe
More about Gary E. Schwartz...
The Afterlife Experiments: Breakthrough Scientific Evidence of Life After Death Truth About Medium: Extraordinary Experiments with the Real Allison Dubois of NBC's Medium and Other Remarkable Psychics The Energy Healing Experiments: Science Reveals Our Natural Power to Heal The Sacred Promise: How Science Is Discovering Spirit's Collaboration with Us in Our Daily Lives The Living Energy Universe