Start by marking “The G.O.D. Experiments: How Science Is Discovering God in Everything, Including Us” as Want to Read:

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
DOES GOD EXIST ONLY IN OUR HEARTS? According to highly esteemed scientist Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., there is compelling scientific evidence that we no longer have to accept God on faith alone. Through a multidisciplinary approach, Harvard University-educated Dr. Schwartz blends psychology, quantum physics, and mathematics to examine the science of spirit. Faith and science ...more
Published April 4th 2006 by Atria Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The G.O.D. Experiments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The G.O.D. Experiments

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian
"For the record, I should state what is hopefully obvious by now. If you asked me the question 'Are you trying to use science to prove the existence of God?' my response would be, 'Absolutely not. What I am attempting to do is to use the scientific method in an open-minded manner to enable God - if he/she/it/they exist - to prove his existence himself.'"

The G.O.D. Experiments: How Science Is Discovering God In Everything, Including Us by Gary E. Schwartz with William L. Simon. Wow what an intere
Donna
Dec 19, 2014 Donna rated it did not like it
Not compelling. Not even logical.
Carol
Jul 09, 2008 Carol rated it did not like it
I should have read John McGraw's review first! I confess that I didn't have the patience to follow the author's "scientific/logical" proofs -- why get in a argument about something I already sense is true? But for those who really want to be serious about this, the book has a 20+ page review and study guide!
Mike Bleed
Jul 17, 2012 Mike Bleed rated it did not like it
A waste of time. I don't think the author should be allowed to use the word "experiments" because that sort of implies a scientific experiment. Following a guy around Tucson who guesses at what the trqaffic/weather will be like is not very convincing or entertaining.
LeAnna
Oct 13, 2010 LeAnna added it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Not very well written. Not very compelling evidence, either. Couldn't finish it - only got about a quarter of the way through.
Donna
Sep 04, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
Recommended for anyone who is intrigued byt the idea osf science being able to prove the existence of the supernatural.
Rachel
Jul 26, 2007 Rachel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves:
That science is proving there is a desinging process of the universe organized by a supreme entity.
Mike
Sep 01, 2008 Mike rated it did not like it
It is amazing to me to think that the author is actually a college professor.
Walt
Jun 04, 2012 Walt rated it it was ok
Shelves: esp-nde-rein
Thought-provoking, but too often the author makes a leap that's not justified.
Myra
Jan 03, 2009 Myra rated it liked it
A great book for the scientifically minded!
Cristin
Nov 11, 2009 Cristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a reeeeeeally interesting book
Nathan Kordus
Nathan Kordus rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Venky Krishnan
Venky Krishnan marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Kimberly Turnowicz
Kimberly Turnowicz rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Chrisc3634yahoo.Com
Chrisc3634yahoo.Com rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Jason Mortimer
Jason Mortimer marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Janna
Janna rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Decaesstecker Mireille
Decaesstecker Mireille marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
April
April added it
Feb 04, 2016
Shawn
Shawn added it
Jan 15, 2016
Gayle Kimball
Gayle Kimball rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Dub
Dub rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Gary Clark
Gary Clark is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2015
Gary W.
Gary W. marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Samantha
Samantha is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychology, Medicine, Neurology, Psychiatry, and Surgery at the University of Arizona, at the main campus in Tucson. In addition to teaching courses on health and spiritual psychology, he is the Director of the Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health.

Gary received his Ph.D. in psychology from Harvard University in 1971 and was an assistant profe
More about Gary E. Schwartz...