The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan: The Scientific Way to Lose Weight, Banish Pain, Prevent Disease, and Slow Aging

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A revolutionary diet to help you lose weight and control disease-causing inflammation

"The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan" will help you achieve your ideal weight--without fad dieting--while also reducing pain and allergies, slowing the aging process, and dramatically reducing your risk for dozens of medical problems. This flexible, easy-to-follow program is the ideal nutritio...more
Published May 1st 2007 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan

Lee
According to this book, meat (beef & pork) is less inflammatory than beans & most vegetables, frozen vegetables more anti-inflammatory than fresh, & dried herbs more anti-inflammatory than fresh as well! Astonishing! I wonder if sugar-free Jello, being the only non-inflammatory dessert, is truly non-inflammatory, since it contains aspartame.

I agree with other readers who said this book is too complicated to follow & it seems to fly completely in the opposite direction of what we...more
Nancy Gross
Excellent book. Has changed my life. No more hurting, swelling legs. Lots more energy. I miss eating ice cream 4-5 times a week, but it was making me sick. So...learn to adjust, and feel healthy and more energetic, and live longer.
Merry
I found this book through NutritionData.com, where you can search for nutrition labels for all sorts of processed and non-processed foods. It included an Inflammation Factor score, something I never heard of before. The site linked me to http://www.inflammationfactor.com/ which led me to the book. The IF is derived by measuring the inflammatory properties of 20 nutrients for a final score. The strategy is to eat a combination of foods that by the end of the day have added up to a neutral or posi...more
Rebecca
I am not going to do this one. Basically it says all fruit is bad for you, you shouldn't eat chicken or beef because of the diet fed the animals, dairy products and bread are bad for you, almost all cereal shouldn't be eaten etc... There are all these charts and this IR rating you have to calculate on everything you eat. Way too complicated. I just want to know what foods I should be eati more of and that's it to lower inflammation in e body.
Donna
A good book about what how food choices are making us sick , but unfortunately for me I was reading it on a Kindle and the tables were not able to be zoomed and so I was unable to actually read the foods and their stats....
Krista Bolan
p.7 - CRP - c-reactive protein. Lab test that sees how much of this protein is in the blood, tells you how much inflammation you have going on. A test for fibrinogen can also be a marker for inflammation.
Ray (user2637)
I wish there were more vegan foods in the food list. There isn't even tofu! At least there's a companion website where I can look up IF ratings. http://nutritiondata.self.com/
Leslie Hickman
too complicated to follow for a very busy person. Good idea and thought process, but I just don't have time for all the math.
Marie
Great first chapters about the benefits of the diet and detailed listing of if ratings for most foods.
Aljan
Page after page after page of numbers. Made my brain go buzzzzzzzzzz.
Cwinnin
Cwinnin marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Diane Peterson
Diane Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Yashwin Kumar
Yashwin Kumar marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Rapunzel
Rapunzel marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I’m a licensed nutritionist with a Master’s of Science in Human Nutrition. I also went to culinary school. But long before all of that, I went to music school and studied to be an opera singer–which is what I spent the first half of my professional life doing. (Hence my alter-ego, The Nutrition Diva)

These days, I spend most of my time writing and speaking about food and nutrition. In addition to t...more
More about Monica Reinagel...
Nutrition Diva's Secrets for a Healthy Diet: What to Eat, What to Avoid, and What to Stop Worrying About Nutrition Diva's 5 Secrets for Aging Well Nutrition Zombies: Top 10 Myths That Refuse to Die: (And How to Keep Them From Sabotaging Your Diet) How to Win at Losing: 10 Diet Myths that Keep You From Succeeding Nutrition Diva's Grocery Store Survival Guide