Start by marking “Ten Men” as Want to Read:
Ten Men

Ten Men

A best seller in the UK, this witty and endearing novel about a woman's mission to discover what will make her truly happy introduces ten extraordinarily different men but none, it seems, that entirely fits our heroine's needs. Among them are The Virgin, who has charm but can't spell experience, The Lord, whose stiff upper lip makes for a stiff upper life, and The Billiona ...more
Published May 16th 2006 by Grove Press (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Men

Bronwyn Rykiert
Nov 30, 2010 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
This girl is having a great life but doesn’t realise it, some people would love to have had the opportunities that she had.

At 19 she marries The Schoolmaster and goes to live on a small island between England and France. She finds a position as a typist for a brokerage firm and before you know it she is working as an interpreter for their French clients. She has an affair with her boss The Lawyer and when his wife finds out she loses her job and is given a company car as part of her severance pa
Misha
Mar 09, 2013 Misha rated it liked it
Shelves: love-story
BookList: Gray introduces an intelligent if sometimes misguided heroine who learns about life and love with real grit and spirit. Desperate to escape her mother’s stifling Catholic home, our heroine marries a schoolmaster at a men’s boarding school on a French island but quickly discovers that island life and a workaholic husband don’t fulfill her need for pleasure and adventure. She soon leaves him to pursue love as a single girl. True to the book’s title, she describes 10 of her conquests, fro ...more
Lyn Richards
Apr 30, 2015 Lyn Richards rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The main character of this book takes us on an uneventful and somewhat boring journey from age 19 onwards where she expects the 10 men in her life somehow complete her......and guess what it doesn't happen, she has to find out that only she can accept her life and get on with making a life for herself......well there's a surprise....NOT! She is the most insipid doormat of a character it is infuriating.

This book would have to be one of the most boring books I have ever read......I only kept readi
Carola Johanningmeijer-harmsen
De naamloze ik-figuur uit dit boek is ervan overtuigd dat ze voorbestemd is om tegen de Ideale Man aan te lopen. Ze ontmoet negen totaal verschillende mannen in de veronderstelling dat haar ware Jacob ertussen zal zitten. Zo is er de Lord (hij zoekt een klasse Lady), de Regisseur (die van haar een Ster wil maken), de Miljardair (hij maakt haar financieel afhankelijk), de Maagd (die van haar de liefde wil leren), de Schoolmeester (gedurende korte tijd haar echtgenoot) en de Directeur (die zijn vr ...more
Jana
Jan 12, 2016 Jana rated it it was amazing
I loved this book although it's somewhat painful to read, because there's no peace and happiness there. The main character loves men and is easily fascinated with them, especially if they are rich or beautiful (or both). She discovers that their money and beauty won't bring her happiness. All the men she dates or marries or has a relationship with seem to be shallow and cold unless they are very poor (and think she's rich).
Jackie
May 23, 2012 Jackie rated it did not like it
The title is intriguing, but it turned out to be the only intriguing thing about this book. I thought it was just me, but the members of my book club felt the same.

One would think if there are 10 men to discuss, at least 1 of them would be interesting. NOT! Even the main character --and her search for a good, decent, whatever kind of many she sought-- didn't make you want to continue to read about her.

All in all, this was just not a good read.
Tennessee O'Donnell
Aug 04, 2009 Tennessee O'Donnell rated it really liked it
I read this book because I had read Alexandra Gray's other book and wanted to see what this book would be like. Both so very different but I still really enjoyed this book...easy to read and the male dynamics and relationships were identifiable! and how easy it can be to flit from one relationship to another..the main character got stronger within herself as her story progressed.
Leen
Oct 23, 2013 Leen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eigenlijk vertelt Gray niets minder dan het (liefdes)levensverhaal van een jonge vrouw die in Londen, New York en Parijs heeft gewoond. Op het einde loopt ze zogezegd ‘de Ware’ tegen het lijf, maar voor de lezer blijft het een raadsel of er überhaupt een relatie uit die toevallige ontmoeting zal voortkomen.

Aangename chicklit, soms grappig, zeker onderhoudend genoeg voor een avondje nietsdoen.
Sb
Jan 05, 2013 Sb rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was engaging and well written. Although this was not a character I sat wishing to be, it was still fascinating to read her elaborate story and think.... it could happen. I loved reading the book and felt it ended perfectly. I didn't end necessarily wanting more, but felt satisfied, like from a good meal.
Toni
Sep 23, 2009 Toni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of romance
Recommended to Toni by: no one
Shelves: romance, fiction
Brillant story of a womans quest to discover what will make her happy whilst dating a line of Ten men.
She dates the virgin, the schoolmaster, a lawyer, a lord whilst having a lover on the sidelines, a billionaire, and the read is gripping as she toils between the men she wants and who will bring her happiness.
Ellen
Jun 04, 2012 Ellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I ever bought at the Dollar Tree and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was light and funny and it was well worth the start of my addiction to buying books at the Dollar Tree. Enjoy!
San
Apr 27, 2011 San rated it liked it
Thought it would be another one of those trashy chick lit books, but I actually enjoyed this. Interesting narrative.
Suzan
Suzan rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2012
Sarah5
Sarah5 rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2009
Eva
Eva rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2011
Louise Leonard
Louise Leonard rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Britney
Britney rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Bethany
Jun 01, 2012 Bethany rated it liked it
I wanted her to reveal more but it was still pretty darn good.
Margot
Margot rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2008
Jennie
Jennie rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
JLDzerens
JLDzerens rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2011
Ana
Ana rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Holly Rich
Holly Rich rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2010
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2013
Tovah
Tovah rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Juliette
Juliette rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2011
Clare
Clare rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Katina
Katina rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • You Are a Miserable Excuse for a Hero!: Book One in the Just Make a Choice! Series
  • Why She Went Home: A Novel