Ten Men

Ten Men

2.92 of 5 stars 2.92  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A best seller in the UK, this witty and endearing novel about a woman's mission to discover what will make her truly happy introduces ten extraordinarily different men but none, it seems, that entirely fits our heroine's needs. Among them are The Virgin, who has charm but can't spell experience, The Lord, whose stiff upper lip makes for a stiff upper life, and The Billiona...more
Published May 16th 2006 by Grove Press (first published May 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Men

Bronwyn Rykiert
This girl is having a great life but doesn’t realise it, some people would love to have had the opportunities that she had.

At 19 she marries The Schoolmaster and goes to live on a small island between England and France. She finds a position as a typist for a brokerage firm and before you know it she is working as an interpreter for their French clients. She has an affair with her boss The Lawyer and when his wife finds out she loses her job and is given a company car as part of her severance pa...more
Misha
BookList: Gray introduces an intelligent if sometimes misguided heroine who learns about life and love with real grit and spirit. Desperate to escape her mother’s stifling Catholic home, our heroine marries a schoolmaster at a men’s boarding school on a French island but quickly discovers that island life and a workaholic husband don’t fulfill her need for pleasure and adventure. She soon leaves him to pursue love as a single girl. True to the book’s title, she describes 10 of her conquests, fro...more
Carola Johanningmeijer-harmsen
De naamloze ik-figuur uit dit boek is ervan overtuigd dat ze voorbestemd is om tegen de Ideale Man aan te lopen. Ze ontmoet negen totaal verschillende mannen in de veronderstelling dat haar ware Jacob ertussen zal zitten. Zo is er de Lord (hij zoekt een klasse Lady), de Regisseur (die van haar een Ster wil maken), de Miljardair (hij maakt haar financieel afhankelijk), de Maagd (die van haar de liefde wil leren), de Schoolmeester (gedurende korte tijd haar echtgenoot) en de Directeur (die zijn vr...more
Jackie
The title is intriguing, but it turned out to be the only intriguing thing about this book. I thought it was just me, but the members of my book club felt the same.

One would think if there are 10 men to discuss, at least 1 of them would be interesting. NOT! Even the main character --and her search for a good, decent, whatever kind of many she sought-- didn't make you want to continue to read about her.

All in all, this was just not a good read.
Leen
Eigenlijk vertelt Gray niets minder dan het (liefdes)levensverhaal van een jonge vrouw die in Londen, New York en Parijs heeft gewoond. Op het einde loopt ze zogezegd ‘de Ware’ tegen het lijf, maar voor de lezer blijft het een raadsel of er überhaupt een relatie uit die toevallige ontmoeting zal voortkomen.

Aangename chicklit, soms grappig, zeker onderhoudend genoeg voor een avondje nietsdoen.
Tennessee O'Donnell
I read this book because I had read Alexandra Gray's other book and wanted to see what this book would be like. Both so very different but I still really enjoyed this book...easy to read and the male dynamics and relationships were identifiable! and how easy it can be to flit from one relationship to another..the main character got stronger within herself as her story progressed.
Sb
I really enjoyed this book. It was engaging and well written. Although this was not a character I sat wishing to be, it was still fascinating to read her elaborate story and think.... it could happen. I loved reading the book and felt it ended perfectly. I didn't end necessarily wanting more, but felt satisfied, like from a good meal.
Toni
Sep 23, 2009 Toni rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of romance
Recommended to Toni by: no one
Shelves: fiction, romance
Brillant story of a womans quest to discover what will make her happy whilst dating a line of Ten men.
She dates the virgin, the schoolmaster, a lawyer, a lord whilst having a lover on the sidelines, a billionaire, and the read is gripping as she toils between the men she wants and who will bring her happiness.
Ellen
This is the first book I ever bought at the Dollar Tree and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was light and funny and it was well worth the start of my addiction to buying books at the Dollar Tree. Enjoy!
San
Thought it would be another one of those trashy chick lit books, but I actually enjoyed this. Interesting narrative.
Sheila
A women seek for hapiness but goes though many barriers to find it!!Great book....easy to read!
Kim
Interesting book, haven't read anything with quite the same style.
Bethany
I wanted her to reveal more but it was still pretty darn good.
Kara Hansen
Fun, entertaining read.
Deanna
Good to read after a break-up/divorce in combination with 'He's just not that into You"
Heather Brown
Heather Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Henry
Henry marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Ali Cox
Ali Cox marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Jennifer Hendren
Jennifer Hendren marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Lilly
Lilly added it
May 04, 2014
Book Junkie
Book Junkie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014