Mrs Rochester: A Sequel to Jane Eyre

Mrs Rochester: A Sequel to Jane Eyre

2.39 of 5 stars 2.39  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published May 5th 1997 by Simon & Schuster (Trade Division)

To ask other readers questions about Mrs Rochester, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs Rochester

Jane by April LindnerRebecca by Daphne du MaurierThe Eyre Affair by Jasper FfordeThe Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot LiveseyWide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
Derivatives of Jane Eyre
75th out of 87 books — 51 voters
Always Emily by Michaela MacCollThe Mist on Bronte Moor by Aviva OrrThe Eyre Affair by Jasper FfordeWide Sargasso Sea by Jean RhysBraving the Brontes by Katherine Rue
Brontës in Fiction
41st out of 52 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Amalie
Terrible! I'm so glad I checked this book out of the public library and didn't buy. The writing isn't bad, but Bailey has got the characters completely wrong - Each one of them.

I even had my tries with "sequels to" Jane Austen. All I can say is, it's better to stick with the original.

Anyone who LOVES this book should be locked inside the Red Room with Mr. Brocklehurst's continuous sermons.
Marsha
I think it is generally best to leave a good story alone and unless you are the original author you should leave your guess of what happens next in your head. While waiting for my daughter I skimmed and read this at the library. It was on the for sale shelf and I can see why. It might have been a good stand alone story but I didnt like where it took characters that I already loved. Not for me!
Beck
Although well written and the fact that it was nice to have a sense of closure... I can't help but feel that maybe the author should have left well alone.

Quite often, she was jumping back to Jane Eyre which meant I had to dig out that book to refer back to in order to better understand the story.
Elizabeth Alger
A stupid book - I vowed I'd never read one of these classics' 'sequels' again after wasting my time with 'Pemberley' some years ago... but this was a freebie, so I did... and wish I hadn't. I've given it two stars rather than one because it managed to keep me vaguely entertained.
Kristina Seleshanko
Naturally this is not as good as the original, "Jane Eyre," but it's still a fun read: How did the infamous fire at Thornfield *really* start? And does Edward still have secrets?
Katie
May 05, 2012 Katie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2007
I shouldn't torture myself by reading bad sequels to the Bronte canon.
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Katie Menzel-Butz
Katie Menzel-Butz marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Vec Modenesi
Vec Modenesi marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Debbie Law
Debbie Law marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Reed
Reed added it
Feb 08, 2014
Kit Habianic
Kit Habianic marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Kathy Hall
Kathy Hall marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Lynn Harding
Lynn Harding marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Corinne Yee
Corinne Yee marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Amber Rose
Amber Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Cassandra: Princess Of Troy Frankenstein's Bride: Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus All the Days of My Life The Cry From Street To Street Fifty-First State