Claudine at St Clare's (Rewards)

Claudine at St Clare's (St. Clare's/Hanni und Nanni #11)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  2,377 ratings  ·  31 reviews
St. Clare's boarding-school has some interesting newcomers. Claudine, a French girl, causes great excitement by doing and saying exactly what she likes, and Eileen, whose mother is the new matron.
Published February 25th 1991 by Methuen young books (first published 1944)

To ask other readers questions about Claudine at St Clare's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claudine at St Clare's

The fact that I enjoyed this almost as much at 25 as I did at 13 says a lot about the skills of Enid Blyton. Of course to a modern audience the girls can seem a tad xenophobic and class-conscious, but I'm not one to judge them for being a product of their time. It's still a genuinely funny and engaging read.
indri
#2011-22#

Ini adalah buku St. Clare favoritku!!!
Karakter favoritku si Claudine muncul, entah karena namanya enak dilafalkan, atau karena sifatnya yang nggak pedulian, namun asik, amat setia kawan, jujur, rela berkorban. anak prancis ini kenes banget dan lucu, berani malu, dan sangat enak diajak berteman.
yang kedua si Allison.. Meskipun dari buku2 sebelumnya dia digambarkan sebagai si cantik agak bodoh, namun aku yakin kalau dia sebenarnya baik hati. asik juga sih punya teman kayak Allison, karena...more
Rosa Fibrianti
Di buku ini Pat dan Isabel O’Sullivan berumur 16 tahun dan duduk di kelas 4. Ada beberapa teman baru di tahun ajaran baru ini. Claudine keponakan Mam’zelle, Eileen anak dari matron ( ibu asrama ) yang baru, Pauline dan Angela.

Tahun keempat ini masih terjadi hal-hal seru di sekolah anak perempuan St.Clare’s. Anak-anak baru di kelas mereka masih berprilaku buruk seperti ketika mereka kelas satu dahulu. Claudine memang menyenangkan tapi dia terkadang suka seenaknya, atau Eileen yang suka mengadu pa...more
Titi Estiningrum
Pat dan Isabel, sudah duduk di kelas IV St clare. Di sini mereka masih tetap bersama teman teman yang lain, Hillary yang bertanggung jawab, Janet yang suka iseng, Bobby tak peduli yang sekarang jadi peduli dan tentu saja sepupu mereka si Alison yang cantik tapi berotak udang.

Kali ini ada beberapa anak baru yang semuanya membuat tidak enak -pada awalnya.
Ada Angela si Yang Mulia yang cantik tapi sok dan angkuh lagi culas. Tapi karena kecantikannya Alison lagi lagi mengidolakannya.
Ada Eileen si ana...more
Alysha loomba
it was the best of the all the ST clares books that she wrote!!
Patricia
Tal y como lo recordaba: Maravilloso y entretenido
Sally
Of course, the typical French girl without that good old British sense of honour! And Alison's latest pet, the Honourable Angela Favorleigh, who is just an atrocious snob and great value. She butts heads with Pauline Bingham-Jones in the most hilarious of ways! Really loved this one. :D
Ruby Rose Scarlett
Another great story with a lot of things going on which I really enjoyed. Blyton's strength is in the tiny minutiae of everyday school life and there's plenty of lovely details in this one - scenes of sewing, feasts, half-term parents' day, etc. A bit sad there's only one left!
Rahmadiyanti
Kayaknya ini seri St Clare's yang pertama kali saya baca deh. Kover bukunya (saya baca yang terbitan Gramedia) menarik banget. Kolam renang dengan siswi2 St Clare. Asik banget ngeliatnya. Apalagi si Claudine, aduuuh, nggak kuku banget deh, kocak!
Ruthy
Foi uma colecção que li completa e seguidinha! Não foi maçadora nem fui perdendo o interesse...aconselho a adolescentes pois embora os tempos sejam outros há sempre alguns temas em comum na adolescência de todos nós!
Nanien
I always love Enid Blyton!
Reading St Clare's serial makes me wanna study at boarding school in England. This book is still exciting to be read these day eventhou it's an old story.
Claudine is my favourite character!
Febri
I think this is my first St.Clare or Malory Towers books that I read and quite impressive...makes me want to read the complete series... :-) at that time, it felt sooo good to read these kind of books.. :-)
Ankita
Nov 30, 2007 Ankita rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: students
this book describes about the life in our school. its funny how Claudia's aunt pampers her. Alison is always after the new girl who is really selfish and proud.well......this is school life.
Albrina Ferdian
pat dan isabel sudah terasa mereka sudah sangat besar,dulu waktu masih kelas satu mereka merasa sudahsangat besar,sekarang melihat anak kelas satu sangat kecil sekali badannya
Roshni
Claudine is one of Blyton's finest characters. Her mischievous nature brings light and hilarity to the whole book
Sashi
I remember this book particulary because Claudine is a french girl who pronounced english words so-funnily.
Deepti
I loved Claudine! After so many years, the only reason this series stands out in my mind is because of her!
Meghna
BETTER THAN THE REST IN THE ST CLARES SERIES!
+ better than malory towers!
-Meghna
Niloo
چطور ممکنه که مدرسه های شبانه روزی ِ انگلستان هنوز هم جز فانتزی های من باشه؟؟ :-""
Anna
Fab read, think I've run out of these books now, need to track down copies of the last 2.
Chitra Nair
This is my favourite St. Clare's book! It's really great! :)
Kaylyn Rego
it was awwwwsome guys you are awsome tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Avi
I enjoyed this book a lot. Claudine is remarkably fearless!
Alison
Very enjoyable and lots of twists and turns!
Sanchi
inspired me to go to a boarding skool...
Tess
Kindheitserinnerungen *seufz*
Anna
This one was my favorite of the St. Clare's books.
Goodreads Librari...: Series in different languages 7 50 Dec 01, 2012 02:24PM
  • New Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #7)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Helps a Friend (The Naughtiest Girl, #6)
  • Jo of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #2)
  • Autumn Term (The Marlows, #1)
  • Wir Kinder aus Bullerbü
  • A Bad Spell for the Worst Witch (Worst Witch, #3)
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)