Start by marking “Rainbow's End” as Want to Read:
Rainbow's End

Rainbow's End

To lessen the pain of his wife's death, Keith Michaels headed cross-country. Yet though he had reached the Pacific Northwest, he still felt broken, empty and alone. When a sudden storm stranded him on Orcas Island, he sought refuge with the local widow, who was no elderly matron, but a reclusive young woman. What was it about shy Jill Whelan and her charming cottage that m ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Rainbow's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainbow's End

Karol
Jan 10, 2012 Karol rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
Like many other people, I received this book free in the mail with an offer to buy other books from "Love Inspired". It sat on my shelf for a long time; romance is not a genre I typically read. I hit a dry spell in my reading recently where I was either not liking or not connecting with what I read. So I picked up "Rainbow's End" thinking I might as well try it. The next time I looked up was 8o pages later. I ended up liking this tale very well.

Yes, it's a romance story; it's Christian in focus
Kris
Apr 30, 2008 Kris rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book. The author was new to me but I hope to read more of her books in the future.

This book made me cry. It was so good and so awesome. The characters were believable and I liked everything about it!
Michelle
Jul 21, 2008 Michelle rated it it was ok
Brandi
Apr 07, 2008 Brandi rated it it was amazing
If you can beleive this, I actually got this book for free in the mail! It came from a Christian Book Club wanting me to sign up and this was the free gift. I stared at it for a couple days thinking "it's free, how good can it possibly be!?" Well, I picked it up last night, and I'm almost halfway through. 2 hours later, and it's pretty good!

It's about a man and a women who's path's just happen to cross (or was it happenstance?) They've both endured loss and pain in recent years and the man has c
Anita
Aug 03, 2012 Anita rated it it was amazing
This is the first Irene Honnon book I've read and trust me I can't wait to read others by the author.
I have to admit that the beginning of the story was a bit slow and uninteresting, but as the story proceeded it started getting more interesting. The last few chapters are exceptionally good. The book is very inspiring indeed and takes you away from the regular romance novels. This is much deeper and way more meaningful ! The message of forgiveness, of trusting God and of never losing hope are lo
Aida C.
Jul 01, 2010 Aida C. rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! I learned well it's bovious you can learn to love again regardless what you've been through. And in this book they had one important factor most people don't even consider it's their faith in GOD and how strong it it when you've suffer such paion as they did in this book. It's a beautiful story please read it sometime.
Filsan Nina
Mar 08, 2010 Filsan Nina rated it it was amazing
I learned that any physical deformities are not hindrances for someone to love you. i also realized that we encounter problems that we thought would forever destroy us but they are only challenges and bridges for us to find our true happiness. :D
Susan
Sep 06, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
recommended by my mom. Uplifting and inspiring.
Gina
Oct 28, 2016 Gina rated it it was amazing
This book was great. I have read Christian fiction before, but this is the best one so far. I really loved the characters in this story. I can't wait to start the next Inspirational Romance. They truly are heartwarming.

It was about a woman named Jill who lost her family in a fire, and decided to become a recluse at a home called Rainbow's End. Her face was badly disfigured, but one man, Keith Michaels saw the beauty inside of her. He broke down her walls. It was a very touching and loving story
Witch Night,
Jan 20, 2009 Witch Night, rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: kids
I learned from this book is that this woman named Jill Wheelan dont want to go outside.....because of its scar..........then this men i dont remember his named but he came from another island.....and he arrive at jill house to seek shelter.
After that......he fall in love with her although she has dis scar.......

READ ON!!!!
Faye
Jul 14, 2008 Faye rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any woman who likes to smile and cry at the same time!
It seems with each new book, I find a new favorite. This was probably the MOST heartwarming book I have ever read. It was a simple, easy read but I loved the story and I felt so happy after I read it.
Audrey Grant
Feb 02, 2011 Audrey Grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: own
God is there in our biggest trials. He has a plan not in case of or in spite of, but in thru and on the other side. He is in control, we are the ones who get mad, confused, angry and walk away. And it happens to the best and strongest of Christians...
Linda
Mar 01, 2008 Linda rated it really liked it
This is a Christian written book, so if you're looking for a book that you can feel comfortable recommending it to your kids or your grandmother, this is the one. It was really good, I really enjoyed it.
Jessica
Feb 20, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
I absolutely loved the storyline! I loved the ending!!!!!!!!!! :') It was a very touching story and just.... WONDERFUL!!!!! love it!
Gantuya Galsandorj
Jan 05, 2010 Gantuya Galsandorj rated it it was amazing
it was my first novel that i red... and after i red it i saw my self encouraged and inspired, it was like a good medicine to my head, beliefs and to my ideals...
Julie
Jul 16, 2011 Julie rated it it was amazing
A really quick read (finished it in one day). I loved it's simplicity and heartfelt storyline.
Dakota
Apr 07, 2009 Dakota rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: friends
Shelves: steeple-hill
I loved how she didn't care what others thought of her scars by the end of the book
Jessica
Apr 06, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! My first by Irene Hannon; I will certainly seek out more.
Anna Marie
Jun 17, 2013 Anna Marie rated it did not like it
The side of this book says 'Complimentary Gift'. There's a REASON it says that. Because it's so cliched and full of religious platitudes that you nearly choke to death on it.

The back of the book was vague enough that I had held out hope that it wasn't syrupy spirituality: it said that a man who loses his wife travels across the country and finds a reclusive woman on an island, and they find love. I liked that idea, but wasn't sure 'Love Inspired' wouldn't kill me, in the process... unfortunately
Melissa Levine
Jun 05, 2014 Melissa Levine rated it did not like it
Nancy Hammons
Mar 04, 2016 Nancy Hammons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first read the reviews at Amazon I was put off, the reviews were for a si-fi book, I'm not a fan of si-fi. But I realized that Amazon had made a mistake and the reviews were for a different book with the same name, so I bought "Rainbow's End." I'm glad I did.

I truly loved this book. It's about forgiveness, faith and love. I liked that Jill and Keith fell in love in a natural way, it wasn't rushed and it surprised both of them. I liked that little Kyle wasn't left to foster care, but he al
Susan
May 12, 2008 Susan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who want a very clean uplifting romance
This showed up in my mailbox for free from a Christian romance book club. I was doubtful, but once I started reading it I found it to be a nice, simple, feel-good story. The three main characters are all scarred in various ways and have shut themselves off from connecting with other people. Then they come together in Rainsbow's End where they learn to love and trust once again. Besides the details of Keith's story you never doubt what will happen in the book, but it is nice to read a story where ...more
Paula
Mar 10, 2016 Paula rated it liked it
While trying to escape life and horrible circumstances, Keith finds himself "at the end of the road" and hopefully his journey. He is on a journey to find his way back to God and find peace in his life. During a horrible storm on a holiday weekend where there are no hotels or places to rent, he is led to "the widow that takes in strays". Jill has a cottage on her property that has seen better days, but it is a safe haven from the storm for her late night visitor seeking refuge. Jill is a widow w ...more
Michelle Robinson
Inspirational romantic fiction.

Interesting and enjoyable Quick read, until the end. It is a little too pat for me.

I found Jill to be sympathetic and interesting. The injury to her face really made the story more compelling. The small child was a mystery, at first, I wanted to know what happened with this child.

The ending was not as good for me as the beginning. I found it a bit too pat, I wonder if the story would not have been more interesting if Keith's story did not have such an easily reso
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
It was very cute. In a few areas it could've been better. It was very predictable, I'm not a big fan of stuff that's predictable. The characters were okay. They wern't great. They were typical. Almost all books I read every character has baggage. So it wasn't suprising. I wish they were less stereotypicle. The girl was the least stereotypical character but, every body else were...I don't know how exactly to explain it.
Virginia Markhart
Apr 10, 2012 Virginia Markhart rated it it was ok
Jill lost her husband and daughter in a house fire which left one side of her face badly scarred. Keith was a pastor who was a victim of a set up by a woman parrishoner. He was ousted from the church and his wife who was mentally ill to begin with, committed suicide. He traveled for two years before landing at Rainbow's End where he met Jill. Decent story. I liked the addition of the young boy who needed help from both of them. Nice predictable ending.
Rachael
May 16, 2008 Rachael rated it liked it
Recommended to Rachael by: Free/ mail
I got this book in the mail too. I took me a good month to pick it up. It has been years since I have read Romance. I needed something to read yesterday so that was what got picked up. It was a good easy read. It made me cry several times. It was predictable but I don't think it wasn't supposed to be. It was about the journey back to Love. Not just Christ's love but human love. I enjoyed the scared perspective. Most of us can relate in one way or another.
Ruth
Jul 23, 2009 Ruth rated it really liked it
About 2 people whose marriages ended in tragic ways. Both had difficulties with keeping their faith in God because of this. Both dealt with it in similar ways by isolating themselves from people of their past. God brought them together in a very unusual way and because of that they began dealing with the past hurts and disappointments. I love how the author showed the readers that with turning back to God He alone can give us hope for the future and begin healing us from the past.
Lynnea
Jul 29, 2008 Lynnea rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Excellent book - I couldn't put it down. I had to take away a star because it ended too quickly. It was like Irene Hannon had a limited number of pages so when she got past page 200, she had to hurry up and bring everything to a conclusion. I would have preferred to read an additional hundred pages...

A quote from one of the characters, "God doesn't call us to understand. Instead, he calls us to trust and to accept."
Christian Singer
Nov 06, 2013 Christian Singer rated it really liked it
When tragedy strikes, it's easy to blame God, even to hate Him, but He continues working our lives, drawing us back to Him. Irene Hannon's Rainbow's End shows how sometimes we turn from God and misjudge ourselves. It can be painful and difficult to surrender our pain and trust God to heal us, but when we do, we discover the peace and fulfillment we yearn for.

For those who struggle through the devastation of tragedy and its effects, this book is a must read.
  • A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)
  • Restless Hearts (The Flanagans, #6)
  • Butterfly Summer
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)
  • Child of Mine (Rosewood, Texas, #2)
  • A Texas Thanksgiving (Homecoming Heroes, Book 5) (Love Inspired #468)
  • A Hero for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #5)
  • A Soldier's Family (Wings of Refuge, #2)
  • Family Treasures (McBride Sisters #3) (Love Inspired #469)
  • Any Man of Mine
  • Loving Constance (Sisters of the Heart Trilogy #3)
  • Finding Hope
  • The Perfect Blend
  • Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow, #4)
Irene Hannon, who writes both romance and romantic suspense, is the author of more than 45 novels. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America (the “Oscar” of romantic fiction), a National Readers' Choice Award, three HOLT Medallions, a Daphne du Maurier Award, a Retailers Choice Award, a Booksellers' Best Award and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT ...more
More about Irene Hannon...