Start by marking “Dancing Through Life in a Pair of Broken Heels” as Want to Read:
Dancing Through Life in a Pair of Broken Heels

Dancing Through Life in a Pair of Broken Heels

Cartoonist Cathy Guisewite joins forces with her sister Mickey to explore in illustrated essays what it means to be a woman today. Welcome to the world of two-second vacations, two-dollar raises, and $200 car-phone conversations, where the modern woman ponders innumerable mysteries.
Published May 1st 1994 by Bantam (first published June 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing Through Life in a Pair of Broken Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing Through Life in a Pair of Broken Heels

Donnell
Jan 27, 2017 Donnell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Who knew that "Cathy" was not just Cathy Guisewite but also, at least, her sister Mickey (and maybe the other sisters as well.) Reading Mickey's stories, its the voice of "Cathy."

Could not read all the stories so did not read every page of this book.

What we have here is an historical tome from that dark, pre cellphone, even pre-dvd age--the early 1990's. While reading, I picked up the angst--that Mickey describes and I felt--back in those days. There was this anxiety many woman felt about not me
Mira
Feb 21, 2012 Mira rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
I bought this book at a library sale because 1: the title caught my eye 2: I love the "Cathy" cartoon. This book was written 10 years ago and, even though it is dated in some ways, in others it isn't. As you might have guessed, the book is full of short humorous stories from a woman's point of view. All of us women can relate to Mickey Guisewite's experiences, trials and tribulations or if nothing else, to the Cathy illustrations. I live in a house of women, (myself and 3 daughters; hubby golfs ...more
Meghan
Sep 27, 2012 Meghan rated it it was amazing
Is this even in print anymore? Read this when I was a kid, had no idea what the author was talking about, loved it anyway. Still have my copy. Which used to belong to my aunt and was printed in 1993. Includes chapters on how when you rent a VHS tape, you always end up falling asleep during the movie and forgetting to return it; the annoying people who speed through traffic talking on their car phones (not cell phones); and how there's no good way to organize printed photos. Dated! But awesome.
Shade Aura Melanson
Nov 13, 2013 Shade Aura Melanson rated it it was amazing
as some one who stressed out most of the time, a pair of Chinese stress balls and a funny book are needed in life. this book especially. have a good read and twirl.
Erica
Dec 16, 2007 Erica rated it really liked it
Funnier than her famous sister - I don't know why she hasn't written more...
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Suzze Tiernan
Suzze Tiernan rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2011
Bev Cadene
Bev Cadene rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Julieta
Feb 28, 2015 Julieta rated it it was ok
Monica Albright
Monica Albright rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2012
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
BoekenTrol
Jan 10, 2012 BoekenTrol marked it as not_read_only_released
Recommends it for: Makita21
For one of the participants in the 2012 Birthday RABCK Group.
Shruti Gera
Shruti Gera rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Ziying
Ziying rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
Darlene
Darlene rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Melki
Melki rated it liked it
May 17, 2011
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2011
TOTO from Kansas
Nov 21, 2012 TOTO from Kansas rated it liked it
Not Erma Bombeck but good laughs
Riem
Jan 07, 2009 Riem rated it really liked it
Very witty, and good for lots of belly laughs! Bring'em on.
Barb Chansky
Barb Chansky rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it did not like it
Sep 19, 2015
Vorbis
Vorbis rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Beth Nygaard
Beth Nygaard rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Stephanie T
Stephanie T rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2009