Start by marking “Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4: Kaiba's Revenge (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #4)” as Want to Read:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4: Kaiba's Revenge (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #4)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4: Kaiba's Revenge (Yu-Gi-Oh! (Viz Numbering) #4)

When Yugi beat Kaiba at a card game, little did he know the consequences: a trip through Kaiba's "Death T" -- a theme park of death -- and a series of evil spells against Yugi's family. It doesn't help that Kaiba's little brother also has a score to settle.
Published February 18th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4

Jerry
Jul 12, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
The Good: I never did like the character of Seto Kaiba; even in the anime, he was a jerk, which made it all the more shocking that the guy who introduced me to Yu-Gi-Oh! used that character's name as his online handle. This volume shows what a horrible person Seto really is; the lengths he goes in order to enact revenge on Yugi makes him all the more despicable. I also liked how Téa/Anzu was with Yugi and their other friends while they're suffering Kaiba's wrath; I've always admired strong femal ...more
Lizzie
Jan 04, 2010 Lizzie rated it really liked it
In which the reader realizes that Kaiba Mokuba in the manga is NOTHING like the sweet, albeit spoiled, Kaiba Mokuba in the show (at least the American version). This Mokuba gave me chills down my spine. This volume of Yu-Gi-Oh! is an intense read even for the older reader.
Seamaiden
Sep 17, 2016 Seamaiden rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-comics
Ehm no. I didn't like it at all. I am not even sure if I want to read volume 5 now. This volume was horrible for me. I hate horror movies and books. Kaiba is completely insane. The series has gone way too dark for me. I want to know what happens next but the sexual remarks and the horror themes get only worse and worse.
Cassiopeia's Moon
Dec 16, 2013 Cassiopeia's Moon rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This volume mainly tells the story of Seto Kaiba's revenge on Yuugi. (Yuugi won over Kaiba in a Duel Monsters game in one of the previous volumes.) It's fast speed and has a lot of action. Because so much is happening it feels long.
It is not my favorite volume, maybe because Seto and Mokuba are so different (more evil) than they are in my head (once again I'm referring to the anime (not season 0), sorry..). But still I'm intrigued and just have to continue reading!
The friendship between Yuugi an
Patrick
Feb 10, 2012 Patrick rated it it was amazing
Yugi gets taken to Seto Kaiba's house, where they are treated to luxury but also because Seto wants to settle with Yugi for defeating him in "Monster Chess" in the first book. Seto takes them to a death amusement park where he defeats Yugi's grandpa and tells them to get to the duel arena but they have to pass his traps.The first trap is a shoot-out with 3 mercenaries. The second trap is a death-match with a "Chopman" The third is a friend sacrificing cube battle(Honda gets trapped).
To be contin
Sarah Maddaford
Despite having an awful lot of plot points and action, this volume didn't feel rushed at all. I actually thought I had read two volumes on my reader, but no this one was just really jam packed. I could have done without the extremely pervy toddler. He ups the rating on this one. I can't imagine any 10 year old reading that, but that was the target of the TV show. Other than that, the action was awesome, Anzu is extremely corny and I'm not a fan of her at all, but everyone else is absolute gold. ...more
Robin Conley
Jul 23, 2016 Robin Conley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently bought a box of Mangas from a thrift store just for the fun of it and this was one in the box. I had heard a lot about Yu-Gi_Oh! from my younger brother -- he's a big fan -- but other than randomly seeing a cartoon when I was around I'd never read any. I was surprised how good the manga was and it actually left me wanting to read more. I may not get back to reading more, though, because I know there are a lot of them out there, but I definitely enjoyed it and would recommend the manga ...more
Nicolas R.
Oct 06, 2013 Nicolas R. rated it it was amazing
This is a great Volume due to it's creative gripping story telling, and because we finally see consequences for the dark punishments of Yami Yugi. We see the return of Seto Kaiba, who was previously beaten by Yugi in a duel monsters match, and even deadlier then before, has now constructed a dangerous series of challenges under his amusement park Kaibaland called "Death-T". This is one of the best examples of how the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga was so much darker then what would follow later. That ...more
Дени Проданова
WTF? Толкова ли не можа Хонда да си съблече проклетото яке накрая? Е*аси тъпизма :D И, добре де, колкото и да е богат Сето, и каквато и мафия да е Кайба корп, как е възможно да има такива игри и никаква полиция, а-у? Между другото, ако сценаристите на Убийствен пъзел (разбирайте SAW) се чудят какви игри да включат в продължението, могат да питат Кайба. Така като гледам има идеи човека. Да му имам егото... Загубил игра на карти и дай да отрепем победителя, барабар със родата му и всичките му ...more
Lyndsay-ann Stewart
Feb 21, 2016 Lyndsay-ann Stewart rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-comic
I think I've out grown this series. Loved it as a teen but reading Volume 4 this time around I was kinda bored. I had started buying them cause I thought it would be like the tv series but it was so different, so I stopped.
Time to move on amd leave Yu-Gi-Oh in the past.
Elyse
Jun 10, 2016 Elyse rated it it was ok
Shelves: teen, graphic-novels
Um, Kaiba is basically insane?? I was not a fan of this horror house type stuff. It almost got one star, but the block falling thing at the end was kinda ok. I'm ready to be done with 'season 0' and start the Duelist series.
Samuel
Nov 24, 2015 Samuel rated it liked it
First, know that this book only has five pages of card games. But what is it with Japanese gaming and psychopathy? A guy loses a friendly game and feels he can only avenge himself by putting the winner through needlessly complex deathtraps, with zero consequences.
Gunderhaegg
Jul 18, 2013 Gunderhaegg rated it really liked it
The story continues,... and Kiaba is more demented than ever. Some of the story is quite dark and scary, but the morals portrayed make up for it,... or at least partly.
Andi
Andi rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2011
Bryce
Bryce rated it really liked it
May 11, 2010
Voytek Korolczuk
Voytek Korolczuk rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Jose Reyes
Jose Reyes rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* rated it really liked it
May 07, 2014
Ana Melo
Ana Melo rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Cassie
Cassie rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Naeem Khan
Naeem Khan rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2013
Shona
Shona rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2012
Ryan Baker
Ryan Baker rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2011
Alayna
Alayna rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Simina
Simina rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Renzo
Renzo rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Conan Edogawa
Conan Edogawa rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
Akane
Akane rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2013
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 5: Focus Your Mind as One! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #5)
  • Angelic Layer, Vol. 2 (Angelic Layer, #2)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolesence of Utena
  • InuYasha: Shards of Evil? (InuYasha, #20)
Takahashi started as a mangaka in 1982. His first work was Tokiō no Tsuma (闘輝王の鷹), published in 1990. One of his earliest works was Tennenshokudanji Buray (天然色男児BURAY), which lasted for two volumes and was published from 1991 to 1992. Takahashi did not find success until 1996 when he created Yu-Gi-Oh!
More about Kazuki Takahashi...

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Viz Numbering) (7 books)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!, Vol. 1: The Millenium Puzzle (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #1)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2: The Cards With Teeth (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #2)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 3: Capsule Monster Chess (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #3)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 5: The Heart of the Cards (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #5)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 6: Monster Fight! (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #6)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 7: Monster World (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #7)