Start by marking “Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 5: The Heart of the Cards (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #5)” as Want to Read:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 5: The Heart of the Cards (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #5)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 5: The Heart of the Cards (Yu-Gi-Oh! (Viz Numbering) #5)

Yugi, Jonouchi, and Anzu have survived Kaiba's deadly theme park, but now they're faced with the two Kaiba brothers, heirs of the biggest game empire in Japan. Seto Kaiba has spent years and millions of dollars building the greatest "Duel Monsters" deck ever. Armed only with his grandfather's hand-me-down deck, Yugi fights Seto Kaiba for his grandfather, for his friends, a ...more
Published May 19th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 12th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 5

Jerry
Jul 12, 2015 Jerry rated it it was amazing
The Good: This is the closest the manga has come so far to the anime as I knew it. With pretty much the entire book being about monster duels, this is what I've come to expect from Yu-Gi-Oh! in general. It also cuts down on the offensive bits that plagued the previous volumes. If you've read the series up to this point, you should definitely continue with this one.

The Bad: Nothing really to complain about; hence, the five-star rating.

Content Concerns:
Sex: A reference to women being "hot". 4/5
Дени Проданова
May 01, 2015 Дени Проданова rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-and-manhwa
Ех, Кайба, Кайба... Виж до какво води злобата. Публично унижение и съжалението на близките ти. Естествено, като на манга, хората, които се опита да убиеш хич не ти се сърдят, няма да те докладват в полицията и даже ще ти станат приятели, ама беше ли нужно да се заплашва бебе с пистолет.
Драги читатели, запомнете от сега: ВИНАГИ има по-силна карта. И в реалния свят е така: винаги има някой по-добър. Така че, по-полека със самочувствието и арогантността ;)
Danielle Riggs
Mar 24, 2017 Danielle Riggs rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, ebooks
The card games have arrived! Everything in this volume was exactly what I wanted except the last two chapters which were more of the same "villain of the week" type stuff from the previous volumes. Still and interesting story, though, and I'm excited to continue the series.
Cassiopeia's Moon
Feb 06, 2014 Cassiopeia's Moon rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I honestly don't know if it's a good idea to time and time again go back and compare the manga with the anime (I saw the anime first). However, it's fun to see how the Duel Monsters game have improved. And how the characters have changed, especially Seto and Mokuba. But back to this volume.

In this volume Yuugi reach the two final stages in Kaiba's game, Death-T. Honda is gone and Anzu and Jounouchi hostage. Yuugi doubt himself as he reach the final stage of the game. The older Kaiba brother is s
Seamaiden
Sep 17, 2016 Seamaiden rated it liked it
Now that the horror of volume four is over, I am much more satisfied. Plus the story is closer to following the one the anime chose to follow. I was seriously thinking of not reading further but I got curious. Also, I want to see if there will be a real romance between Tea and Yugi. I liked the chapter with the little robot thing and them. I like how Tea has a crush on the other Yugi.
Henri
Feb 06, 2015 Henri rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It was awesome. I really liked it because it has a lot of action and teamwork. The main character is Yugi. He is a good boy with a delightful heart and a kid who likes to have fun. Yugi isn't a troublemaker he likes to have some fun and is a fun kid when he has this enemy called
Bradley
Dec 05, 2010 Bradley rated it it was amazing
Absolutely splendid! And it has a picture of Yugi's mom. I found that amusing too. =)
Bettina
YUGIOH!!!
Devon
Jan 11, 2012 Devon rated it liked it
Shelves: own
i wish i continued this series.
Thomas Simmonds
May 20, 2012 Thomas Simmonds rated it it was amazing
Out of all 7 volumes of "Yu-Gi-Oh" this is without a doubt my favourite, it was thrilling, exciting, and just downright awesome, I can read this over, and over, and still love it.
Rachael
Jan 10, 2017 Rachael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I'm really enjoying this series. The story isn't just about a card game like a lot of people may think. It has a decent story line and even gets pretty dark at times.
Yuka Muntou
I LOVE IT
Emma Larsson
- Will re-read before I put a review -
Lauren
Enjoyable read, highly recommend this series.
Matt Ying
Matt Ying rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2013
Haseo Himura
Haseo Himura rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Kieran
Kieran rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Hakyono
Hakyono rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Hanna Feller
Hanna Feller rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Pheng
Pheng rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Ragnar-Ex
Ragnar-Ex rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Hopefulkitten
Hopefulkitten rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Jazmin
Jazmin rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Louis V Leloup
Louis V Leloup rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2010
Logan Hughes
Logan Hughes rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Cin-Ru
Cin-Ru rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Kuro009
Kuro009 rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Justin Bailey
Justin Bailey rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
  • Shaman King, Vol. 7: Clash at Mata Cemetery
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 8: Goku vs. Ginyu (Dragon Ball Z, #8)
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 6
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 6: The Dark Tournament (Yu Yu Hakusho, #6)
  • Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Vol. 2
Takahashi started as a mangaka in 1982. His first work was Tokiō no Tsuma (闘輝王の鷹), published in 1990. One of his earliest works was Tennenshokudanji Buray (天然色男児BURAY), which lasted for two volumes and was published from 1991 to 1992. Takahashi did not find success until 1996 when he created Yu-Gi-Oh!
More about Kazuki Takahashi...

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Viz Numbering) (7 books)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!, Vol. 1: The Millenium Puzzle (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #1)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2: The Cards With Teeth (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #2)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 3: Capsule Monster Chess (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #3)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4: Kaiba's Revenge (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #4)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 6: Monster Fight! (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #6)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 7: Monster World (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #7)

“You say people's struggles are a game! That's totally wrong!

Facing yourself no matter how tough things get... and keeping up the fight... that's what games are really about!

You bet your chip of life as if it meant nothing! You lost to yourself! When you realized you were going to lose, you didn't have the courage to keep living!

Listen... Real courage is protecting that chip you have in your hands... no matter what!"

-Anzu to Kaiba”