Start by marking “The Case of the Glamorous Ghost (Perry Mason)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Glamorous Ghost (Perry Mason)

The Case of the Glamorous Ghost (Perry Mason #47)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  346 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Master defense attorney Perry Mason is hired by a young woman to protect her scandalous and headstrong halfsister, Eleanor Corbin, from the consequences of her last escapade. Reissue.
Published February 29th 2000 by Fawcett Books (first published 1955)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Glamorous Ghost, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Tony
THE CASE OF THE GLAMOROUS GHOST. (1955). Erle Stanley Gardner. ***.
A woman enters Perry Mason’s office and engages him to represent her sister. She doesn’t know what for yet, but she is sure that her sister is in the soup this time. Turns out that her sister was seen coming out of the woods wearing a sheer nightgown, covered only by a raincoat, waving at a couple parked nearby in a car – smooching. The young lady parked in the car with her boyfriend, thinking that this lightly clad woman was tr
Ed
#46 in the Perry Mason series. It's not unusual for one of Perry's clients to lie to him, but this time he has been hired by the client's half-sister for a client who claims amnesia. He has a sympathetic doctor stash her in a sanitarium until an arrest warrant causes her to be surrendered to the police. Perry doesn't have a conversation with her until her murder trial is well underway. A new twist.

Perry Mason series - Begin with a young woman in a park at night, nearly nude. The police were call
Brenda
Okay, so you ask, who is Erle Stanley Gardner?? First off he was an attorney who turned to writing. His most famous character is Perry Mason. The original TV series was done from his books, with a lot of the episodes coming straight from the novels or short stories. You can find more information on Gardner here, Erle Stanley Gardner.

The Case of The Glamorous Ghost was original published in 1955 and republished in 1992. The story opens with a young woman, dressed only in a slip and raincoat, danc
Marj
This book was first published in 1955,and is part of the Perry Mason series. I've read others in this series, and usually enjoy them. This was another that I enjoyed, even though I had a pretty good idea of who the murderers were about 2/3 of the way through the story.

Perry becomes involved in this case when a well-dressed woman, Olga, comes in and asks him to identify and protect her half sister, Eleanor, who seems to be suffering from amnesia. Olga feels sure that the amnesia is fake, and that
Ruth
classic perry mason quick light read
Vincent Paul
Eleanor.... a good character
M. Ashraf

رواية جميلة جدا , و بالرغم ان بداية نشرها كان في عام 1955 الا اني وجدتها
تصلح لاي وقت , و كثير من الافلام ذات الطابع الجنائي و القضائي اعتمدت عليها في كثير من النقط و التقاصيل و بعد ان قرأتها اكتشفت انها تحولت الى مسلسل تلفزيوني بعد ذلك :) و ان شخصية بيري ماسون من الشخصيات الشهبرة جدا

Perry Mason A master attorney works difficult criminal cases for his clients.The show first air was 1957 and it lasted for 9 seasons till 1966 , so it seemed it had a huge success those days .

The Case of The Glamoro
Pia Menezes
A crazy mystery which is really confusing but hilarious at the same time. its nit always easy to find a good mystery with comical parts and this one had them both in equal doses and went really well together
Giridharan
The case was fairly straight forward from the beginning and I felt the ending could have been worked on a little bit better. It was very quick.
Lorilee
Good, reading the whole series.
Doug Dams
Perry is asked to help a wealthy family keep their name out of the newspapers when their daughter is found wandering a public park semi-nude. There's the usual client hiding the facts, a case of amnesia and the family dynamics are thrown for a loop when a murder occurs. An odd family provides plenty of twists and turns in this story. It's told at a good pace and it keeps you interested.
George
Perry Mason mystery in which the lawyer manages to win another case. In this one, his client is suspected of murder and, as usual, gets his client acquitted while also solving the case. There's some humor at the beginning with the circumstances that gives the novel its title.
Rijo John
Pretty good mystery - keeps us guessing till end and more odds against him.
Kunal Sen
My first Perry Mason: a book that still smells of my father's book-shelf from home and in my mind, is still nestled between 'Freedom at Midnight' and 'Shall we tell the President?'- just like it was all those years ago.
Perry Mason...my HERO!!! I spent a few summers reading all of these too. They are fun to go back and read now. I wanted to be Della Street..but I always pictured her as my (younger) grandma....
Vincent Darlage
Wow. Excellent Perry Mason novel. One of the best. I wasn't sure how Perry would get out of this one... and watching him do it was an utter delight.
Pete Roman
gahhhhh a very very good book! Can't put the book down. I had to read fast to know what happened to Eleanor. :)
4cats
May 13, 2013 4cats rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Easy, enjoyable, legal crime thriller's featuring Perry Mason, Della Street and Paul Drake. Formulaic fun.
Jeffrey Marks
One of the better later Masons. Definitely worth taking a look at.
Michael
great perry mason story,one of his best.
Babete
( O Caso Do Fantasma Sedutor )
Reshma Hingorani
Reshma Hingorani marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 28, 2015
  • The Actor's Guide To Murder (A Jarrod Jarvis Mystery #1)
  • Hollywood Hellraisers: The Wild Lives and Fast Times of Marlon Brando, Dennis Hopper, Warren Beatty, and Jack Nicholson
  • Rumpole and the Penge Bungalow Murders
  • If Death Ever Slept (Nero Wolfe, #29)
  • Chicago Lightning
  • I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #1)
  • The Last of the Spirits
  • Murder in Vein (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #1)
  • The Magic of Blood
  • The Karachi Deception
  • The King Is Dead
  • The Seeds of War
  • The Harry Bosch Novels, Volume 3: A Darkness More Than Night / City of Bones / Lost Light (Harry Bosch, #7-9)
  • The Avatari
  • The Past Never Ends
  • Speaking Truth to Power
  • Clues to Christie: The Definitive Guide to Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot, Tommy & Tuppence and All of Agatha Christie's Mysteries
  • The Golden Gizmo

More about Erle Stanley Gardner...

Perry Mason (1 - 10 of 85 books)
  • The Case of the Velvet Claws (Perry Mason, #1)
  • The Case of the Sulky Girl (Perry Mason, #2)
  • The Case of the Lucky Legs
  • The Case of the Howling Dog
  • The Case of the Curious Bride (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Counterfeit Eye (Perry Mason Mysteries)
  • The Case of the Caretaker's Cat  (A Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Sleepwalker's Niece
  • The Case of the Stuttering Bishop (Perry Mason #9)
  • The Case of the Dangerous Dowager (Perry Mason Mystery)
The Case of the Velvet Claws (Perry Mason, #1) The Case of the Curious Bride (Perry Mason Mystery) The Case of the Caretaker's Cat  (A Perry Mason Mystery) The Case of the Sulky Girl (Perry Mason, #2) The Case of the Runaway Corpse (Perry Mason Series)