Start by marking “Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)

Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  15,376 ratings  ·  722 reviews
Hope didn't have the best role model when it came to relationships. She’s content with her current no-strings-attached extracurricular activity with the lead singer of her band. She’s never believed in love and commitment.

Mason starts his eighth school in five years anticipating nothing more than the usual—boring classes, fighting more than making friends, and girls happil
Published December 19th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published December 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sometimes Never, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sometimes Never

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Best Book Boyfriends
331st out of 5,725 books — 20,932 voters
Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
156th out of 1,458 books — 6,915 voters

More lists with this book...

A picture review….

The hair:

The bird:

Did not know Leighton Meester was so pretty...

The cookies:

The cutting:

photo 3acdc4172f3c8a5225d2ffcb5de4cd46.jpg

The love:

Read this book…you won’t regret it.
Aa'Ishah
This. This was what I needed. A compelling contemporary with a heart-stopping romance and beautiful friendships. Granted, this was by no means a light read. It was dark and intense, which admittedly is the kind of book I usually go for. But aside from revelling in this side of the story, the pages of Sometimes Never are home to characters I fell head over heels in love with. Cheryl McIntyre has, without a doubt, made it onto my list of favourite authors.

Hope's life has been far from easy. She ne
Taryn at My Secret Romance

A DNF...

I'm on the fence with this one- and clearly in the minority with my review.

I'm neither here nor there. While I did find myself glued to my kindle in the beginning, I became bored at the same time. Once I hit the 50% mark, I was becoming tired and a bit irritated and that's when I decided to stop reading it. Yes, this is a DNF for me. It's a strange feeling, really. I want to read it, but I don't.

Hope, the heroine, has some serious deep seeded issues. I can understand why the story dragg
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Lucas, Jesse, James,Jethro and Daniel ✝✝

I am seriously messed up
That's Hope! She is broken from child, and her childhood memories affects her until today. They ain't very pretty ones. She finds herself cutting from the release.

photo tumblr_mlv6o8XmJJ1rqd92do1_500.gif

Enters, Mason, our hero. He is just so adorable. Their journey is beautiful. It started slow, picked up to intense, then it was BAM!!! I really enjoyed this story.

photo tumblr_moys15tJIz1rjcqobo1_500.jpg

Do you still want to kiss me?
More than ever.
Kiss me.

photo tumblr_m8z2vmRVA11qjktjho1_500.jpg

I don't know why I want him. Need him.
I want you to be with me. Just me. Like your boyfri
Tabitha R
Whew! This is the first book that I have read by this author. I am pleasantly surprised that I stumbled upon this book. It was well written without a dull moment. I was hooked from the first paragraph. It kept me turning each page until the very end. Cheryl McIntyre did a great job in approaching a taboo subject. And although at moments I was cringing she did a very realistic view and did it with taste.

Mason is constantly on the move with his mother and little brother. After a tragic accident to
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.75-4 Stars

“I’m afraid that if I let myself feel the way I do about you, ugh, I’m so afraid you’ll realize what I am, and you’ll walk away. And it’ll hurt me.”
“What are you?” I hold my breath, waiting.
“Broken,” she murmurs.

This is story reminded me a lot of Colleen Hoover’s Hopeless. So if you’re a fan of that story, you might want to hold off on reading this. Strange request, I know, but hear me out. I really liked this story, and maybe if I had read this first, I might’ve actually loved thi
Sanny
description

”But Sometimes never is a distorted perception.”

I’m so in love with this one. So here you go, my love declaration for “Sometimes Never”:

Yes, it was a little rough around the edges with some minor spelling and grammar mistakes and the occasional awkward sentence structure but it reminded me so much about being in love for the first and my first boyfriend that I didn’t even care about falling in love way too fast.

I loved Hope Love, apart from her name being the shit, she is truly awesome. I like h
♥ Sarah
3.5/5

This story reminded me of a "lesser" version of Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. If I'd read this before Hopeless, I MIGHT have LOVED this. Sometimes Never had SO MUCH POTENTIAL. When I read the first couple chapters, I was thrilled!! I loved the dual POV and Hope's character. She was so unique and broken but completely lovable. And the fact that she was the only chick in an all male band, earned her major points. I especially loved her lyrics to the beautiful song, her little quirks, insecuriti
CT
Just finished Before Now, it reminds me how much I loved this book. I don't know how Cheryl does it but when I read Blackbird and Before Now, it always makes me want to go back to where it all began with Hope and Masons story with their bags of skittles! Their story is one of the few that I still remember after reading it months ago. I like this authors writing, not overly descriptive but enough story to keep me turning the pages with some twists along the way. Love this couple. Really
caren
I don't want to say that every New Adult book I read is the same, but almost every New Adult book I read is the same. It's becoming really, really tiresome. This is a great genre--one that could have my full attention--if they all didn't seem to be a carbon copy of the last. Including the horrible editing issues!

In Sometimes Never, we meet high schoolers, Mason and Hope. Mason's father has been dead for six years, and Hope's mom died in a car accident a few years ago. He's new in town (something
Jenn

Don't let the synopsis of this book fool you. It was much more of a book than I expected and nothing like I thought it would be. Sometimes Never is an emotionally layered story.

"I never thought I could love someone so much, but sometimes never is a distorted perception, because I continuously find myself falling deeper in love with her every day."

Hope is very messed up due to a horrible event in her early years of life. She finds a dangerous method to help her cope. She doesn't feel safe with
khungkhing
WARNING: This review might be hard to read because I was blown away by this book and still not recover yet.

In order to kill my time during some boring class, I bought "Sometimes Never" because I thought I was going to something light and easy to read. However it turned out to be anything but.

- The story was so intense but it also had something that could light up your mood; it would make you laugh until your stomach hurt.
- The story was well built. It would make you smile a minute and cry anoth
Francesca
This book has gone the way of recent YA and NA novels such as The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and Hopeless - where the guy and the girl have an equally messed up past, overcome their personal demons and find comfort and love in each other. It was a good read for this genre – I liked it more than Hopeless but not as much as The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden or The Sea of Tranquility.

I liked seeing Mason and Hope’s relationship develop. Hope is a bit of a bad ass. I love how she managed to
J
~ I'm standing in the middle of my bathroom, naked clutching a razor blade between my thumb and finger. I need to release the poison. The fear. The anger. I want the pain that festers inside of me - Out. I want it on the outside. On my flesh. Where I say how I hurt. Where I say when. Where I say for how long. Where I say stop. Where I can stop it.
I'm so ugly.
I am so fucking ugly.
My insides are disgusting.
There is nothing good inside of me. I'm not a nice person. I'm not smart. I'm not funny. I
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
Sometimes never is a distorted perception.

This is the story of Mason and Hope.
Both broken in their own ways.
Both just floating though life.

After Mason Patel’s Dad dies his Mum can’t stay in the same place for too long. She is constantly moving Mason and his younger brother Kellin around, never settling for too long.
Because of this Mason doesn’t connect with many people. Well with anything really.
He uses sex and his anger to get him through the days.
Until the next move.

Hope Love is what
Maya
First sentence: When people talk about what initially attracts them to someone, that first glimpse that makes them turn around and take a second glance, they usually say something sweet.
Favorite quote: “Sometimes I think my veins run with poison. We’re all slowly dying, right? From the moment we’re born, our time dwindles away. Like some countdown we’re not privy to. We can die at any moment.”

I haven't read the epilogue yet, but I made up my mind about this book. I only gave it two instead of
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

Mason
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hope

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This surprised me. I've read lots of books where the characters have painful pasts. Childhoods that made me cringe, and scars that won't ever go away. This was the first one where I found it almost physically painful to read about. It wasn't gratuitously graphic, or detailed. There wasn't the sense that it was about shock value. I think that is what made it so hard. It was matter of fact. All that pain, all those horrible memories, all those lingering thoughts that won't let go - all
Jessica Viteri
More like 2.5 stars

I don't know why this booked irked me so much. I'm definitely in the minority here. The story would have been great but I just could not deal with Hope, the lead female character. The situations she dealt with in her childhood and how she deals with it now are heavy and sad. However, even with that in mind, I could not connect with her and feel bad for her. On the contrary, she would piss me off sometimes. Even the lead male, Mason, would irritate me which is unusual because I
Jennifer Lane
Putting the Fun in Dysfunction

When I participated in the Mental Health Giveaway Hop, I asked for recommendations of favorite psychological reads. Blogger VanillaOrchid recommended this series, and I'm so glad she did! I hadn't heard of this author but I plan on gobbling up the series based on my love for this first book. (Bookworm Brandee also recommended Reason to Breathe which I plan to review soon).

While Sometimes Never touches on sad issues like parent abandonment, parent death, sexual abuse
This book was so not what I was expecting. I was intrigued in this book from the blurb, so I am glad I read it. It turned out being so much better than I could have ever thought. Mason and Hope are both damaged kids. Hope has some serious issues to over come due to a tragic event from when she was 12 yrs old. Because of that event she has serious trust issues and doesn't believe in love...until Mason. Mason also had a tragic event happen to him, which leaves him with anger issues. Together they ...more
Francine
I stumbled across this book yesterday. i one clicked and within a 1/2 hour knew that i would not get anything done until i hit 99% on my kindle.

At the beginning, i was intrigued. i thought the characters were going to be dark, angsty, i hate the world, i hate popular people kind of characters. well... part of that was true. they were dark, and angsty and unpopular... but aren't most teenagers? even the football stars and prom queens? i fell in love with them. all of them. two in particular. :)
Dawn
This book...WOW! I loved this book from beginning to end, but then again, I love books that alternate between points of view, allowing me to get into the character's heads.

I was totally shocked when I read Hope's first chapter (chapter 2) and found out what her "vice" was. I have never read a book where a character did "this", so it was quite and experience for me. (Yes, I am being vague on purpose.) I wasn't sure if I'd get into this book because of this vice, but I was very wrong.

Mason. (sigh!
Chasta Schneider
Kudos to you Cheryl McIntyre. This is an amazing story on a very disturbing yet very real problem that is done with sensitivity and taste. I had to take a moment to collect myself before I could even write this review. I'm still at a bit of a loss as to what to say because this book has completely overwhelmed me - and that does not often happen to me anymore.

The complexity of Hope is magnificently crafted. Her vulnerability is consistently masked with her vicious strength, bitterness and sarcasm
Vishous
4.5

This is why I love YA books! This is why I will always love YA books!

Sammy ⭐️
This reminded me a little of Hopeless. It had the same heart ache and the same intense love between the two main characters but at the same time in a league of its own. I loved the supporting characters which helped make the story will be looking out for more by this author :)
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
Really enjoyed this book despite it being a storyline I have read several times before. I felt the ending was a tad rushed and didn't leave me with quite enough. Overall a great read--once I started reading I couldn't stop. Anybody would be lucky to have their own mason! :)
Andreea Pop
4.5 STARS

“Sometimes never is a distorted perception. I love you, Hope. And I’m not the only one. I know you care about me. I see it in your eyes. I feel it. Everybody needs love. Everybody. And some people need it more than others. You’re a liar if you say you don’t. I’ll do that for you. I’ll love you. All you have to do is let me.”

Wow.
I don’t even know how to sum up this amazing book in one word, but I think wow does it justice. At least that’s what I’ve kept thinking for hours after I finish
Sara Bree High
What a great love story. Wow! Hard subject matter. Screwed up pasts and major baggage. That does not even touch the surface.
Hope is messed up. She cannot love or she thinks she cannot love.. She thinks she is full of poison.
Mason is broken and uses sex and his fists. He cannot fix his Mom' s broken heart over the father/husband they lost. His Mom deals by moving. ALOT! Another move, this one is the one that changes everything. Feet dangling from a car door and band T-shirt... Painted toes. Oddl
Giselle *Hopeless Book Lovers*
I LOVED this book. Not even lying I'm kind of obsessed with it.
Sometimes Never was dark, gritty, emotional, romantic, deep and even funny at times.
I LOVED both Mason and Hope. They were both so real, especially Hope. Their was no holding back with her and I loved it. She was one bad ass chick.
This book captured my attention right from the moment that Hope's foot met that assholes jeans.

I enjoyed this story and the characters in it so much. Guy is the bomb.com as is Cash, and even Kellin.

Oh and
Loved this book, but really, what is with the comment 3 103 Aug 28, 2013 11:10AM
  • Finding Grace
  • Tasting Never (Tasting Never, #1)
  • Playing Patience (Blow Hole Boys, #1)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • The Final Piece
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Faith (My Misery Muse, #2)
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
  • Delayed Penalty (Crossing the Line, #1)
  • Full Count
  • Faster We Burn (Fall and Rise, #2)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Brother's Keeper
  • Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend, #1)
  • Bullet (Bullet, #1)
  • If Only (Captured, #1)
  • A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters, #1)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)

Sometimes Never (4 books)
  • Before Now (Sometimes Never, #2)
  • Long After (Sometimes Never, #3)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
Before Now (Sometimes Never, #2) Long After (Sometimes Never, #3) Blackbird (Sometimes Never, #1.5) Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1) Playing Dirty (Dirty, #2)

“The people you love most are the ones who hold the power to hurt you so completely.” 63 likes
“I never thought I could love someone so much, but sometimes never is a distorted perception, because I continuously find myself falling deeper in love with her every day.” 41 likes