Start by marking “Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life” as Want to Read:
Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life

Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  330 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Meditation is a technique that can be used to experience peace, tranquility, and an inner beauty, leading us to rethink everything around us, even ourselves. It prompts us to trust in the ability we have to use and direct our energies to purify our bodies and minds...so that we can discover and develop our spirituality.

Brian Weiss, M.D., author of Many Lives, Many Masters,

Published May 1st 2002 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meditation

Mark
Apr 29, 2015 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A quick read into the benefits of daily meditation by a Brian Weiss, MD., who as a Psychiatrist uses meditation as a technique to assist his patients dealing with anxiety, trauma, anger, and a host of other emotional or psychological maladies.

Having meditated a handful of times in my life and being hypnotized twice before, I understand, like others that there are no voodoo dolls, or even evil na'er do wells, let alone a new age Satan awaiting you at some deep down portal into the gates of hell!
Diaman
Jul 10, 2008 Diaman rated it it was amazing
The book was nice but I really like the CD. It is sometimes difficult to quiet the noise in my head when meditating. I find the guided meditation included with the book helpful.
Sheila
Aug 17, 2008 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Everyone should get this cd/book. A great start for someone who is trying to learn to relax in life.
Leah
Sep 13, 2007 Leah rated it really liked it
I'm on a spiritual kick, so it's all about meditation and well being right now!
Annette
Jun 07, 2016 Annette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meditar es llenar el alma de esa energía que tanto nos empeñamos inconscientemente en sepultar, el estrés, la ira, la decepción, la vida cotidiana nos inunda y nos dejamos embarrar de tristeza y desesperación, cuando la verdad es que el tiempo es ahora, ayer me enseñó algo, mañana es una probabilidad que nunca sabremos si llegó o no, entonces para qué "pre-ocuparse"
Meditemos más y así tendremos más paz en el alma y bellos momentos, pues la vida nos rodea y nos abraza y somos tan ariscos que nos
Sharina SM
Oct 29, 2014 Sharina SM rated it liked it
My rating is solely for the CD. The book was disappointing.
Luiz Filho
Apr 21, 2014 Luiz Filho rated it did not like it
Too superficial. Go for Alan Watts or Thicht Nacht Hahn if you want more than just the very introduction.
Teri Temme
Jan 29, 2015 Teri Temme rated it it was amazing
Quick read. Great message. Includes CD.
Carlos Vázquez
Libro básico muy básico para los que tienen nociones casi nulas de la meditación, como digo te sirve si eres inexperto en el tema pero queda debiendo un estudio más a profundidad.
Mike
Jan 19, 2015 Mike rated it really liked it
Really interesting subject!!!

I wish it was more explicit though. It's written as a college essay about Meditation, but it's really informative and really got me curious.
Amanda Pagano
Aug 13, 2011 Amanda Pagano rated it really liked it
A guide to help you reach the point of relaxation to allow yourself to meditate. The book is very helpful in giving you a way to meditate. Also, if you have trouble quieting your mind the CD included can help you immensely.
Katie
Aug 23, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
I purchased this book because it comes with a meditation CD, and I like Brian Weiss's other books. The CD is ~20 minutes. This is just long enough for me after a hectic day.
shannon
Jun 27, 2008 shannon rated it liked it
info re: meditating is interesting. the cd is okay... it's a start for someone new to meditation, as he walks you through relaxation and some visuals
Alisa
Mar 11, 2012 Alisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, grc, new-age
I really enjoyed this. It gives you guided meditations and helps you relax to the point you can calm your mind and open it to healing.
Chris
Jan 16, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The book itself is mediocre. The meditation CD included in the book is priceless! Nothing has helped me relax or sleep better.
Mar 02, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
A concise means to teach meditation, and it includes a guided meditation CD.
Doan
May 05, 2013 Doan rated it it was amazing
Nice, simple little book. I really liked the meditation CD that came with the book.
Angela N
May 28, 2011 Angela N rated it it was amazing
My favourite relaxation CD.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Jeevanthi
Jeevanthi marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
cristina
cristina marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Elsy
Elsy marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Cherie Bergeron
Cherie Bergeron marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Sushmi
Sushmi marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Asha
Asha marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Pratik Damle
Pratik Damle rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Star
Star marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
  • Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You
  • Living a Life of Inner Peace
  • I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy
  • The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need: Gain Insight and Truth to Help Explain the Past, Present, and Future
  • The Gilded Tarot
  • Assertiveness for Earth Angels: How to Be Loving Instead of "Too Nice"
  • Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies a Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies
  • Discover Your Psychic Type: Developing and Using Your Natural Intuition
  • The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended
  • Remembering the Future: The Path to Recovering Intuition
  • The Answer is Simple...Love Yourself, Live Your Spirit!
  • War Stories: An Enlisted Marine In Vietnam
  • Water Crystal Healing: Music and Images to Restore Your Well-Being
  • The Lotus and the Lily: A 30 Day Soul Program
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
72099
As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. ...more
More about Brian L. Weiss...

“En un estudio publicado en The Lancet, la prestigiosa revista médica británica, un grupo de investigadores informó de que una combinación de dieta, ejercicio y técnicas de reducción del estrés podía invertir el proceso de obstrucción arterial en las enfermedades coronarias. Los cambios en la dieta y el ejercicio, por sí solos, no producen este efecto. De hecho, las técnicas de reducción del estrés constituyen un factor necesario y mucho más importante de lo que los médicos habían creído en un principio.” 0 likes
“The Biology of Hope and the Healing Power of the Human Spirit,” 0 likes