Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life

Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Meditation is a technique that can be used to experience peace, tranquility, and an inner beauty, leading us to rethink everything around us, even ourselves. It prompts us to trust in the ability we have to use and direct our energies to purify our bodies and minds...so that we can discover and develop our spirituality.

Brian Weiss, M.D., author of Many Lives, Many Masters,

Published May 1st 2002 by Hay House (first published 2002)

Diaman
The book was nice but I really like the CD. It is sometimes difficult to quiet the noise in my head when meditating. I find the guided meditation included with the book helpful.
Sheila
Everyone should get this cd/book. A great start for someone who is trying to learn to relax in life.
Leah
I'm on a spiritual kick, so it's all about meditation and well being right now!
Luiz Filho
Too superficial. Go for Alan Watts or Thicht Nacht Hahn if you want more than just the very introduction.
Amanda Pagano
A guide to help you reach the point of relaxation to allow yourself to meditate. The book is very helpful in giving you a way to meditate. Also, if you have trouble quieting your mind the CD included can help you immensely.
Katie
I purchased this book because it comes with a meditation CD, and I like Brian Weiss's other books. The CD is ~20 minutes. This is just long enough for me after a hectic day.
shannon
info re: meditating is interesting. the cd is okay... it's a start for someone new to meditation, as he walks you through relaxation and some visuals
Alisa
I really enjoyed this. It gives you guided meditations and helps you relax to the point you can calm your mind and open it to healing.
Chris
The book itself is mediocre. The meditation CD included in the book is priceless! Nothing has helped me relax or sleep better.
Doan
Nice, simple little book. I really liked the meditation CD that came with the book.
Angela N
My favourite relaxation CD.
Luciana Amran
Luciana Amran marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Esra
Esra marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Malini
Malini marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Nalle Tamez
Nalle Tamez marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Sarbjot
Sarbjot marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Naga Subrahmanyan
Naga Subrahmanyan marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Md Arif Ali
Md Arif Ali marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Tanvi
Tanvi marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Shagun
Shagun marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Monica Siska
Monica Siska marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
  • Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You
  • Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies a Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies
  • Even the Sun Will Die: An Interview with Eckhart Tolle
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Angels 101: An Introduction to Connecting, Working, and Healing with the Angels
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • Once Upon a Time: A Collection of Classic Fairy Tales
  • Getting in the Gap
  • The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse
72099
As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son....more
More about Brian L. Weiss...
Many Lives, Many Masters: The True Story of a Prominent Psychiatrist, His Young Patient, and the Past Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy Only Love Is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited Messages from the Masters: Tapping into the Power of Love Through Time Into Healing