Start by marking “Recruit or Die: How Any Business Can Beat the Big Guys in the War for YoungTalent” as Want to Read:

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A guerrilla guide to getting the best college graduates to work for you—without spending like Microsoft, McKinsey, and Goldman Sachs

Recruit or Die is the first practical guide to the entry-level recruiting game—which is very different from other kinds of recruiting and vitally important to every company, large or small.

Traditionally, only large and powerful companies recr
Published August 2nd 2007 by Portfolio Hardcover (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Recruit or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recruit or Die

I read this based on a recommendation from Brazen Careerist and I thought it would be interesting to get the insider perspective on my generation in the workforce.

Unfortunately, this book was so heavily aimed at recruiting engineer, software, and finance grads that there was very little relevant for anyone else! Some interesting information and anecdotes, but not what I was expecting to get out of it.
Sophorn
Everyone you meet is a potential prospect. Be nice to everyone you meet. People make mistake by bad judgements, so they lose opportunity.

Small company can beat big ones, if you know how to recruit.
MOHAN KUMAR B
As per the book, it is as if there only 2 /3 great institutions and 2/3 employers, who are great. Looks like an "advertorial" book, sponsored by some select companies.
Jacqueline Greer
I'm quite enjoying the opportunity to get into the minds of the millenials. They have no attention span, and neither do I. Excellent.
A great synoposis of how to position your recruiting messages and tactics to recruit Gen Y
Mikedelponte
I used this to recruit summer interns and it worked like a charm.
Eric Kuo
Eric Kuo marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Patrycja Kiljańska
Patrycja Kiljańska marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Andrzej Swedrzynski
Andrzej Swedrzynski marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Travis Cole
Travis Cole marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Drew
Drew marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Harjot Dhaliwal
Harjot Dhaliwal marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Ryana
Ryana marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Adil Najmuddin
Adil Najmuddin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013