Start by marking “Amazing Airplanes” as Want to Read:
Amazing Airplanes

Amazing Airplanes

Amazing Machines: Amazing Airplanes by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker

Join our wacky animal crew for the flight of a lifetime! From the airport terminal to the flight deck, the zippy text and zappy art take children through how a plane flies, safety rules, in-flight entertainment and air traffic control. This action-packed picture book will delight all children who love things
Published September 1st 2002 by Kingfisher (first published March 18th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Amazing Airplanes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazing Airplanes

Riven
Apr 29, 2012 Riven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Aeroplanes is a lovely book written by Tony Mitton and illustrated by Ant parker. I read the book to my reception class as we had just visited Duxford Air Museum. The children really enjoyed the story and the pictures were great for asking children about the things they had learnt at Duxford such as the different parts of the aeroplanes. The book is also a brilliant introduction to rhyming literature as it is set out as a long poem and this could certainly be used as a template for older ...more
Sylvester
Feb 18, 2014 Sylvester rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, squirt, 2014
2.5* art
4* story/rhyme

Read this to Squirt for the first time right on the airplane - so he knew exactly what was up. Love the rhythm, which makes it great to read to him. He loves the "This is your Captain speaking." part, and giggles everytime - even when I'm not reading the book.
Charity Stewart
Nov 24, 2015 Charity Stewart rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
What did you think of the book? We actually used this book in my classroom for an Illustrations unit. This book does a great job informing students what takes place at an airport, everyone involved to make a flight successful and what all is on the plane (how they load luggage, etc) My students love this book. The pictures are great and give a great visual to what is mentioned in the text.
What resonated with you? They use real life terms but give great detail in the pictures to help with unders
Charles Norris
Sep 05, 2012 Charles Norris rated it really liked it
I think this book is very good. The illustrations are so colorful and help explain exactly what is happening in the story. This book would be great for a child that has never flown before so they knew how an airplane worked.
Katie
Lovely description of what a journey on a plane is like. Also the simpliest description of how areoplances actually fly! Covers a lot of ground.

The rhyme didn't work the whole way through but perhaps that is because I was reading it in a bit of a rush.
Ramanda Flannery
Sep 07, 2011 Ramanda Flannery rated it really liked it
This book is all about planes. It rhymes and it has a lot of information about planes and how they work. I thought this was a cute little story. It would be a great story to read a child that is getting ready to ride a plane for the first time to let them know what is going to happen!
Lori
Sep 30, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Great for preschoolers. My 2 year old grandson loves it, especially since he just went on a plane trip....so he had a lot of connections.....and yes, I said connections. We are working on those reading strategies already! :0)
Tina
Sep 12, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book for when a kid is going to travel by plane. It explains the parts of the plane and what to do from when you get to the airport till you land.
Jem
May 22, 2012 Jem rated it liked it
I don't know about "amazing"--that might be a bit hyperbolic. I'd title this "pretty interesting Airplanes." Who knows, maybe I'll change my tune in a month when I'm on my way to San Francisco!
Dolly
Nov 24, 2008 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008, aviation
Simple story that describes a trip on an airplane. Similar to Byron Barton's book, "Airport," with the description of the plane and the process of going on a flight.
Cassey
Aug 12, 2016 Cassey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My little loves this book. It's a great read for a toddler who loves planes.
Mandy
Feb 06, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
We love all the Tony Mitton and Ant Parker books in this house! Cool Cars, Rockets, construction, fire trucks, boats, we love them all :)
Nancy Jo Lambert
Feb 01, 2012 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-alouds
We love all the Amazing machines books! These wonderfully illustrated and fun rhyming text books are great to share with young children!
Vivian
Apr 02, 2015 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This 8" x 8" paperback introduction to passenger flight reads like an instruction manual. The bright illustrations and brief text are ideal for the pre-school attention span and interests.
Gianina
I wasn't wild about the illustrations but it was a good basic introduction to airplane related vocabulary with a fun rhyming meter.
Kaye
Sep 16, 2010 Kaye rated it really liked it
Fun facts about airplanes with good graphics.
Sharon
Aug 17, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, dan, tom
Purchased this one for our trip to Atlanta. The boys had fun recognizing various objects while we were in the airport and the plane.
Alfajirikali
Nov 30, 2008 Alfajirikali rated it really liked it
Great illustrations and text.
Voracious_reader
Oct 24, 2014 Voracious_reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for a preschooler who is taking an airplane trip or has family arriving via plane.
Alicia
May 31, 2014 Katie added it
Shelves: 1-000-books
III
Stacie Sager
Stacie Sager rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2015
Shirley Heitzman
Shirley Heitzman rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Heather Richard
Heather Richard rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2016
River Mason
River Mason rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2017
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2010
Neem
Neem rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2010
  • Big Hugs, Little Hugs
  • Kisses for Daddy
  • Hello My Name Is Bob
  • Eat Your Peas: A Daisy Book
  • What Makes A Rainbow (Magic Ribbon Books)
  • If Kisses Were Colors