Start by marking “Lupe” as Want to Read:
Lupe

Lupe

Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published July 12th 1978 by Ballantine Books (first published 1977)

Bliss
Aug 14, 2009 Bliss rated it liked it
This book was horribly gruesome and scary.

For some odd reason, I JUST recalled reading this after having NOT thought about this book in over 20 years. I must have blocked it out for some reason. Maybe it traumatized me!
Joshua
May 07, 2011 Joshua rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Phenomenal satanic novel mixed with crime and the utmost bizarre. Great twist at the end too. A personal guilty pleasure of mine.
Lorna
Jun 01, 2009 Lorna rated it it was amazing
Possibly one of the scarest books I have every read. Of course I read it when I was 15 years old.
Ernie
Jul 22, 2012 Ernie rated it it was amazing
This book is a very scary read that will stay with you for a long time. The plot builds to a WICKED twist at the very end. It will make you shake your head and go..."Damn. That is just evil!" It just sticks in your head. Very well done. I recommend it to horror enthusiasts. It is out of print. There are a few on the system here so line up and get one! The only downside I have with this book comes from the fact that I have a legal background. I caution those with legal training that they may have ...more
Ziona
Jul 07, 2008 Ziona rated it really liked it
I picked this one up in a used book store for about 89 cents. It called to me. It's a very unusual book about a demon boy and a woman who gets caught up in a plan between the boy and her friend. It is scary and perverted, but it's one of those you can't look away from, not even the gruesome bits.
Edwina Hall Callan
Jul 26, 2014 Edwina Hall Callan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing, 2014
Creepy and twisted = my kinda book.
I really enjoyed this one.
Chiio
Jul 14, 2012 Chiio rated it it was amazing
Intenso, Morboso, misterio total, la pobre casi se vuelve loca! Sus “visiones” o “encuentros” con Lupe me parecieron escalofriantes, Dios ¡Que penita! Estuve muy metida en la trama casi podía sentir la desesperación del personaje es increíblemente difícil cuando todo en lo que confías de repente no es lo que parece y la pobre siendo culpada de todo, en fin, me encantó ;)
Vivian
Oct 26, 2012 Vivian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I read this book when it first came out in the late 70s or early 80s. I was about 14 or 15 and it scared me so much that I threw it out because I didn't want it in the house. I was that scared. To this day I remember the creepy cover art of the child's face with scary eyes and I get shivers...
Johanna Denton
Nov 12, 2011 Johanna Denton rated it it was amazing
Scariest book I have ever read. Actually remember having to leave the light on after I finished reading it in the wee hours of the morning. Loved it!
Brian
Feb 24, 2007 Brian rated it it was ok
from the back cover: "....Emily whose only hope may be a grotesque eleven-year-old boy with a demonic sexual craving..." uh, what can you say?
Trudi
Jul 07, 2011 Trudi rated it did not like it
I should have stopped reading this way before the end.
Oct 02, 2014 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buena historia, con una onda a El exorcista y el bb de Rosemary pero diferente... me gustó mucho, se lee rápido, tiene pocos personajes, que son sólidos y bien desarrollados... tiene trama judicial, en fin, me gustó y recomiendo su lectura.
Jano Boscher
Sep 11, 2014 Jano Boscher rated it really liked it
Chilly, disturbing, unsettling, this novel haunted me in my dreams. A real classic thriller for fans of the macabre.
Marcus Haus
Aug 14, 2016 Marcus Haus rated it really liked it
Bloody LOVED it.
Jeff
Mar 02, 2016 Jeff rated it liked it
Recommended to Jeff by: Discovered it on my own.

1st Read: January 16, 1997 - January 26, 1997

The first part of this book was really good, then it lost its luster shortly after. When I arrived at Chapter 30, the story took off once more and regained my interest up to the end of the book. In time, I will read it again and have a new opinion formed.
Melanie Tolar
Apr 09, 2014 Melanie Tolar rated it really liked it
Scary, scary.
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Flavia
Flavia rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2016
Helenvera
Helenvera is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2016
Cameron Roubique
Cameron Roubique marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Cara P
Cara P marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Raul Villegas
Raul Villegas marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016