Start by marking “Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 1: The Seduction (Inside Out, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 1: The Seduction (Inside Out, #1.1)

Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 1: The Seduction (Inside Out #3.2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  10,015 ratings  ·  829 reviews
NOW OPTIONED for Cable TV!

An Inside Out novella...

The secret life of Rebecca and the men who have seduced her.
These are the journals Sara never sees, but you the reader, will!

Connection to The Inside Out Trilogy that has recently been optioned to STARZ for TV with Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland w/Johnny Depp) producing and includes exciting clues for the series readers
Published January 28th 2013 by Simon and Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 1

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
98th out of 1,446 books — 6,902 voters
Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
312th out of 2,185 books — 9,724 voters

More lists with this book...

KatLynne
"The secret life of Rebecca and the men who have seduced her."

The first in Lisa Renee Jones' five part series attached to THE INSIDE OUT TRILOGY. These are the journals written by Rebecca and the ones Sara never sees.

Since finishing the first book in this series, If I Were You, I've been dying to know more about Rebecca. Here, we get more insight into the men in her life along with her hopes, dreams and fears.

I can hardly wait for more!

Spoiler-free review
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I freaking LOVE this series! But why was I a dumbass and read these nouvellas out of order with the trilogy? DO NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE. .

This series is all about anticipation, mystery and suspense so if you go out of order or read reviews ahead, it will seriously take away what's so awesome about it....the NOT knowing! So, read in order and don't read reviews for upcoming nouvellas and books! Ya gotta experience the events as they come. Many reviews are 100% spoilers on the b
Shelby *wants some flying monkeys*
I haven't read the Inside Out stories. But damn it. Now I will.

This book is Rebecca's journal into a BDSM relationship. I've seen this book compared to "50 shades"..I hated that book so we aren't going there. This female does have some sense where the one in 50 shits didn't.

What this book did for me is make me want the rest of the series. Frigging cliffhangers. I want to know what happened to Rebecca!!!

Don't judge me on my reading tastes. I have a bit of a closet pervert thing going.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The first nouvella in Rebecca's Journals. The story goes alongside Inside Out Trilogy but I made the mistake of reading this after Being Me (book 2). Written in diary format in Rebecca's words, we gain insight into this mysterious character within this trilogy. Events take place prior to Inside Out trilogy......

This is the diary of Rebecca, 22-years old, working at a restaurant to survive but dreams of working at Allure Art Gallery. She needs to pay her bills and working in a gallery won't do i
Becs
I do so love it when a book heroine has my name. I can completely imagine the hero fixing me with that silvery gray gaze as my name, Rebecca, whispers over those highly kissable lips.

He returned his gaze to mine and softly said my name. Just “Rebecca,” but it was all soft and rough at the same time, and I melted into a big puddle right there in front of him.

Oh yes!! This Rebecca is in a puddle at that man’s feet right with book Rebecca! Le sigh!!

This is quite simply delicious. Rebecca’s feelin
Fathima
 photo wtf_workaholics_zps98498b2b.gif

Ummm , tell me why did I read this ?!

Okay , so my first thoughts about why these novella's were important was that they'll help us understand more about Rebecca . In reality , they do help us that way . And to put it simply she kinda pissed me off with her diddle daddle . She wants it and then she doesn't want it !

But what made up for her unsure state of mind was her 'MASTER' ... Damn , I think I know who he is ... Like , I'm almost 98% percent sure I know who has that sort of a pull on her .
Vanessa
"Maybe I am destined to have my heart ripped to pieces by this man--because I know as I write this that I can't walk away from him."

[image error]

The second journal doesn't disappoint and makes me all the more excited to get to Being Me! What a journey Rebecca has embarked on...one where the pain and pleasure mix together in one hot & steamy climax! I cannot wait to see what happens next!
Becs
Poor Rebecca can’t seem to do anything right – even signing the contract and sending him a text picture of it is wrong. Apparently she should have waited for permission to sign – cue some delicious bathroom punishment activity!

“I will never leave you with anything but pleasure,” he murmured. “Remember that.”

This episode from Rebecca’s Journals deals with her Master getting her to the point where he considers she is ready to sign the BDSM contract even thought she feels she already is.

I worry a
Becs
Lisa’s holding out on us guys!! I’m still no closer to working out who Rebecca’s ‘Master’ actually is than when I first read If I Were You. I know the clues must be there – we know that he is someone that she sees in her normal every day life as he expresses a desire to only be called Master when they are in private. I guess, in the fullness of time, when we know his identity, we’ll be able to look back with the benefit of hindsight and see the clues plain as day but, right now, I’m still cluele ...more
Becs
We’re now several months down the line with Rebecca and her Master – they’ve renewed their contract several times and that time has come around again.

Rebecca’s falling ever deeper in love with her Master but she knows he sees her just as a submissive and she feels herself spiralling into an abyss of darkness, losing control. Now it’s time to make a decision.

I have to say that even those these novellas are very sensual, you learn very little to add to what you already know if you’ve read If I Wer
Vanessa
"I will never leave you with anything but pleasure," he murmured. "Remember that."

Oh, yes. Pleasure away Master...

These journals keep getting better and better! As the relationship develops between Rebecca and HIM, Rebecca has reservations about what is being offered to her; yet wants nothing more than to belong to her "Master".

"It's insanity. I'm a contract, a responsibility. A possession to him. He should be nothing but pleasure and the escape he has promised me he will be. And that is all he
Roses Book Blog
**Copy provided by author for review**

This volume begins more than a year after the end of the last volume and already you can sense Rebecca's heartache. The reader can really see how she has changed since she's discovered herself again and she worries that this relationship is not enough. She love master but does he love her? That's something I have been questioning myself but more so the answer to who "master" really is is killing me and it keeps me reading and wanting more of this story. I ca
Michelle

GAH! Still not one step closer to knowing anything! Although we get a few hints that might just throw us off his trail.

Rebecca has fallen for her Master, but he still can only deliver the D/s boundaries of a relationship. This makes her decisions painful and yet simple. She wants him - but she wants all of him. But now we are at the end of the Lost Journals and are heading back to that storage locker and Sara.

I just want to skip to the last chapter so badly at this point. LRJ sure has kept eve
KatLynne
Dec 15, 2012 KatLynne marked it as to-read-erotica-romance  ·  review of another edition
News from Lisa Renee Jones...

Announcing a five part serial attached to THE INSIDE OUT TRILOGY beginning 1-28.

The secret life of Rebecca and the men who have seduced her.
These are the journals Sara never sees, but you the reader, will!
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Safewords, bondage and voyeurism combined with Masters, subs and mystery makes for a very interesting read. Don’t sell yourself short though… Rebecca’s Lost Journals are supplemental to the INSIDE OUT trilogy designed to tide you over between books 1 & 2 (IF I WERE YOU and BEING ME).

I am finding that the journals provide a little insight to what is going on in Rebecca’s mind as she tumbles down the rabbit hole and further into the world of BDSM. In this series of entries, we see a little mor
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/06/...

So these are last two installments of Rebecca’s journals. All four journals should be read in between If I Were You and Being Me. All four journals are really short, but very well written. There’s no doubting the talent of this Author.

The tone of the journals is definitely getting darker and dare I say it downright scary. It’s as if we are just waiting for those dreams to bleed into reality for Rebecca. Still so many secrets and so many questi
Jennifer Kyle
This is a real short read which is written in journal form. Although this novella contains dates and entries I expected more.

A journal to me contains the writers inner most thoughts. I didn't find that here. The entries went from meeting her boss with the all intrigue and attraction to the next entry of Rebecca stating that he proposed a master/slave relationship and left out how he asked, when, where, etc. I think in leaving out this important piece information out I felt gypped. Some entries
Vanessa
"He only has control because you give it to him. Don't ever forget that."

What a great insight to how the story of If I Were You begins. I am intrigued and will be finishing all of the journals...TONIGHT! I just have to have the background before diving into the next Inside Out book.

I love how it's written in journal form and it really does feel like she spills her thoughts on the pages...even the little mundane things are interesting.

Rebecca is intrigued by this man and despite her lack of know
"I belong to you."

Rebecca continues her journal installments of her day to day progression to becoming "his." Can she commit to a contract releasing all control to her "Master?" "He" doesn't want her to sign anything without knowing what she's signing, knowing what she's committing to. Can she do it?

Loving the progression of Rebecca's story. The identity of her Master is never given away. The reader is given hints but nothing for sure. I however, know from reading this nouvella after Bejng Me. D
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Rebecca's journals continued..... Very short nouvella including the ensuing relationship of her with her new "Master." She's never done anything like this. The contract has a lot of things she is unsure about. Can she sign it and give up control to this man? He makes her do and fantasize about doing things she's never done before. But what's up with her nightmares? Why are they coming back with a vengeance? Moving on for answers.......
R.E. Hunter
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this first Volume of Rebecca's Lost Journals. It was a quick, mysterious and sexy read that frustrated me like crazy because we are still no closer to knowing who the mysterious man in the journals is! It was very interesting to see the similarities between Rebecca and Sara. I'm excited to have all of these smexy little journals to keep me coming until Being Me comes out!!
La-Lionne
Boring. A lot of back and forward and never getting to the point.
I want him, I don't, I do, no I don't. But when his lips touches mine... Red! WTF?
Don't care much for heroines who have zero self respect. Moving on.

Rose
Initial reaction: Great narrative on the part of Rebecca, but Mark's felt odd in comparison.

Full review:

For the most part, the compilation of "Rebecca's Lost Journals" pleasantly surprised me. This takes the short stories/novellas that were written between measures in the "Inside Out" trilogy and puts them into one volume. I would definitely recommend reading Rebecca's journals (the first four stories in this narrative) after the first book, while Mark's narrative should be read after the second
Cyndi
I was given a complimentary copy by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I started the Inside Out series on a lark – laid up sick with lots of reading time on my hands. The No In-between series starting with I Were You l has an intriguing premise (diaries found in a auctioned storage unit) and is set in the art world in San Francisco. It offered everything I look for in a great story – complex love story, mystery and well written eroticism. By the time I finished it, and moved onto Being M
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

"This novella gave me a dose of satisfaction to tie me over for the next installment of Inside Out Trilogy." ~Under The Covers Book Blog

I instantly became a fan of Ms. Jones since reading If I Were You last year. And since then, I have been waiting for anykind of read that is related to this series. This novella gave me a dose of satisfaction to tie me over for the next installment of Inside Out Trilogy.

In If Were You, we see bits and pieces of
Jammie
I have spent the last day and a half, considering that its now almost noon in my time zone reading all of Rebecca’s journals.

And I will start by telling you that while I don’t like to add spoilers to my reviews I don’t know if I can write this without giving some things away. But with all that being said I can’t say that I’m not more confused that I was to begin with. I guess for me it’s because I spent all my time in the journals hoping to figure out who Rebecca’s Master truly is. I do have a
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Book Blog

Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 3: His Submissive by Lisa Renee Jones is the third in the series of novellas meant to be read between the amazing If I Were You (Inside Out Series 1) and Being Me (Inside Out Series 2) coming June 11th. Volume 3, His Submissive, begins right where The Contract left off.

Rebecca's nightmares are getting worse, and she feels she needs to just sign the contract because she can't take the indecision anymore
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
This novella starts right after The Contract where she now begins to belongs to her Master but still has sooooo much to learn about this new delicate relationship.

Since Rebecca is so green in this new lifestyle choice her Master has to educate her in many ways. If you know what I mean. :) Even though she decides to want to be part of this world her journey is far from over. Here is where she is trying to find herself within the new and confusing yet stimulating world.

Still Lisa Renee Jones ama
{Ellen} The Book Bella
WHAT HAPPENED TO REBECCA?

I know its odd to give 5 stars to what is essentially a novella, but this to me is an essential part of the Inside Out series, of which If I Were You is one of our all-time favorite books! This is the second installment of entries from Rebecca’s lost journals. Rebecca is presented with with a contract to be a submissive that she doesn’t want to sign. There are subtle hints as to who the would-be Master might be.

This is a very short but very, very satisfying read. Can't
  • Fit to Be Tied (The Last Good Knight, #4)
  • The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3)
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint #1)
  • Guilty Pleasures
  • Red
  • Brie Submits to Her Master (After Graduation, #2)
  • Beneath the Beauty (Beauty, #2)
  • Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)
  • Truth (Finding Anna, #3)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT SERIES, and is now in development by Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland) for cable TV. In addition, her Tall, Dark and Deadly series and The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series, both spent several months on a combination of the NY Times and USA Today lists.

Watch the video on casting for t
More about Lisa Renee Jones...
If I Were You (Inside Out, #1) Being Me (Inside Out, #2) Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1) Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3) Infinite Possibilities (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #2)

“What makes one person’s dreams come true when another’s don’t? Determination. Action. Desire.” 1 likes
“it should be, but you’re still hesitating. Why?” “I’m afraid of losing who I am, and being only what he lets me be.” 1 likes