Sunburn (Greek God, #3)

Sunburn (Greek God #3)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Patience O’Conner is a travel blogger who lives for her work. Her dedication to her readers brings her to the famed Helios Resort in Mexico, a locale that stuns her with its beauty but at which she suffers from some very strange accidents.

ebook
Published January 7th 2013 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Sunburn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunburn

Suzan
Jan 11, 2013 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I have been looking forward to this book and was not disappointed! I loved Apollo and had a strange urge to track down all the women that hurt him and broke his heart so I could bitch slap them for what they did to him (and maybe have them detained under the mental health act, clearly they were insane!). Apollo is such a sweet and good hearted guy! He has a lot of darkness to contend with in the form of his prophecies but he still manages to keep a bright outlook on life.
I loved Patience and tho...more
SavannahNorway aka SN
Jessi Szigethy
Great gonads of Titan! I thought Dionysus was awesome but then I met Apollo. *drool* sorry let me wipe that up.

Okay, Patience is a travel blogger with a mission of honesty and she has been personally hurt in the past. Apollo can't lie and owns the resort she is reviewing. There is an unseen, unknown danger at first but the lovers cautiously enjoy each other. Then all hell breaks loose. Well okay just a bit of it but it was enough.

The characters are easy to love. The story made me laugh then ma...more
Julie Ramsey
Sunburn

Apollo has opened a resort(Helios). His sister Artemis is there to check it out. Apollo is nervous because he is expecting the Travel Chic (a blogger on resorts) to arrive at anytime. He is also troubled that his visions have been of a young woman who has her heart riped out of her chest. He never sees her face but because he can't see visions of people close to him he is worried. Patience (the Travel Chic), has arrived at Helios with her two best friends. They trying to get her mind of a...more
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★★

Book Description:

Luckily, hunky resort bartender Apollo Delos is always there in the nick of time, a malcontent guardian angel. Apollo stuns Patience again and again with his life-saving abilities, to say nothing of his smoldering looks and appar...more
Jessica Cline
Note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a well written, enjoyable read that had good flow in addition to being light and witty. I really enjoyed the tone of our hero and heroine.

Our heroine, Patience, is a real woman. She has self-image issues and relationship worries that I think many of us readers can relate to. She is also not a size 0. I loved her! Apollo is hilarious, especially his curse words. I loved how he stayed in character. My one complaint...more
Alisa
This book was about Patience, a travel blogger, who visits a resort in Mexico as part of her job. While there she meets the owner Apollo with whom she has an immediate attraction. The catch? He's not just named Apollo, he is THE Apollo, as in Greek god Apollo.

I don't want to put spoilers in this review so I won't touch on the rest of the plot. I thought this was a fun read and I enjoyed it a lot. The characters were likable, it was a creative storyline, & had some pretty hot scenes. I liked...more
A-Hersia A

Claps and cheers! What a terrific book! I really loved this one. It felt so real, so normal, with the normal girl problem about their weights and everything. This book seriously can relate to a lot of woman. Apollo was such a sweetheart to Patience and the perfect Prince Charming ^-^. Mhmmmm and so gorgeous..

Again met Hades [YES!!] I like him, he's so full of mystery. And Artemis, hope she'll find her man, now that Apollo is with his goddess all the time :):).

The ending again, as always unexpec...more
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
Another wonderful read by one of my new favorite authors.

Apollo is smoking hot....pun totally intended. It took me a little bit to warm up to Patience but in the end I thought she was wonderful and worthy of the love of Apollo. This book made me want to jump on a plane for a nice little holiday in the Mexican Riviera....

I am looking forward to reading more on Artemis and Hades.

My one complaint about this book....where were Eryx and Dionysus??? I was hoping maybe Apollo might have invited them to...more
Chelsea
Dear god, let me count the ways of how much I loved this book! It was perfect, sweet, funny, and had plenty of romance.
At first I was really reluctant to read this book when I found out it was about Apollo. I've read the Greek myths surrounding this god and some of it was kind of frightening when you think about being on the receiving end of his "Affections". Also I'm a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyons books and in her Dark Hunter series Apollo is a complete prick, and for a while it was really har...more
Rachel
I adored this book. Apollo, a Greek god, runs a vacation resort named Helios and meets vacation blogger Patience O’Conner who is anything but patient; this stills makes me smile and tickles my sense of humor.

Apollo and Patience were fun characters to get to know, the story flowed smoothly and had some delicious hot scenes along with a good dose of humor.
angelblue
My favorite of the series!
Fatty
Book 3 from the Greek God series and I'm SUNBURNT from all that HEAT Mr Apollo was radiating. So well we have a Greek God who is hot and everything. I mean c'mon he is the God of Sun??! So well he owns a fancy resort in Mexico and who is his next tourist? Our lovely insecure, broken, one-with-a-miserable-past-experience, one-with-family-problems, chubby, smart, and ALL OF THAT. H feels and instant connection to her knowing some unknown DEMON wants her dead. I mean what's a romance if there is no...more
Ellen
Love this series.
Sunburn is the third book in the Greek God series. I have really enjoyed all three books and can not wait for the next one.
There's more going on at famed Helios Resort own by Apollo than meets the eye and the famous blogger Patience is going to figure it out, even if it kills her... which is exactly what Death has planned.
Apollo, a god who can not tell a lie is always there in the nick of time to save Patience.
Patience was someone that any woman can relate to who has a weight i...more
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
Another fabulous entry in Leo's series about the Greek pantheon. This one features Apollo, and is substantially different from the first two books in the series, though that is all to the good in my opinion. Where For the Love of a God had a down-to-earth practical(ish) feel, and Sweet Hell had something of a fairytale feel to it with their journey through Hades, this one has a very exotic feel to go with the exotic setting. The setting comes alive so well here that at times you almost feel like...more
~Thena~
This is my favorite in this series so far! While it didn't jump into the action as quickly as For the Love of a God or Sweet Hell, Apollo is easily my favorite god so far. Some of my feelings come from the fact that he was always one of my favorite Greek gods, but mainly it was just him in this story.

This story is sweet, like them all, but Apollo and Patience's relationship felt more real and more believable to me. It felt like it built at a more natural pace and when they finally came together...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Apollo Dellos is the owner of Helios, a swanky resort in the heart of Mexican Riviera, happens to also be the Greek god Apollo. He's also been gifted with seeing visions of the future but has to be touching the person to know if it's either he or she from said vision. Lately Apollo's visions have been very dark and disturbing. Apollo is also worried about Patience O'Connor a travel blogger with exacting demands. Patience O'Connor is traveling with her two best friends Doris and Angie but doesn't...more
Samantha
Rosanna Leo is a new Author to me and I have to say I
enjoyed this book so much.
Her writing style is lively and fun which also comes through in the storyline, it’s a fun sexy read.

This is a story about the Gods set in the modern day and what a setting Helios Resort is, I want to go to Helios and I want to meet a sexy God.
It's fast pacing you won’t find yourself bored at any part in this story and it's a lovely love story that will make you smile, laugh a little and want that HEA.

So we have Apo...more
Babylov Dominique
Oh God! Apollo is so freaging perfect in every way imaginable, he`s so hooooot! He`s my favorite of all the greek gods, i don`t care if he can be a merciless destroyer at times when he`s moody, it`s just something about him ahh! and whenever i see a romance that features him, Apollo the sun god, i have to get it no matter what. I am in love with that god. Apollo is beyond gorgeous, he`s the most beautiful of all the greek gods by the way. A man or a god like him could have anyone and everything...more
Ezra
I read this in two sittings and would reccomend it as a fun, entertaining romantic fantasy/comedy that involves a hero from Greek mythology (Apollo) and a modern blogger with insecurities about her body known as The Travel Chick. The author's style of humor reminds me slightly of Eve Langlais, another romance author who has regularly combined fantasy, humor, bits of mythology, and full-figured heroines, and I especially enjoyed the unique blending of contemporary culture and characters from Gree...more
Paula Black
'This guy made Brad Pitt look like a butt-scratching orangutan from the freaking circus.'
What's not to love about Apollo and his 'celestial nostrils'?
The third instalment in Rosanna Leo's Greek Gods PNR series has all the elements I have come to expect in her writing: highly likeable characters, lots of irreverent humour and a light-hearted take on the Ancient Greek myths.
I wasn't crazy about Patience's girlfriends, they seemed underdeveloped as characters and Doris' accent grated on me, but ot...more
Liz Meldon
As always, I really enjoyed Rosanna Leo's mythology-inspired romance. I was a little bit wary of Apollo initially, since people can play him so poorly, but in the end he definitely grew on me. Patience was probably one of my favourite female characters of the whole trilogy (aside from Artemis, but I'm biased there). This was a fun read, though the plot was a little thin. For a while, I was more interested in the demon issues than I was in the romance. My other two points that I wasn't huge on: P...more
Ally
This series just keeps getting better!!!

I started this book and just could not put it down (damn you work why must you spoil my reading time!! LOL) Honestly loved these two. Patience is just adorably awkward to start off and really has no idea what to make of Apollo. And Apollo... well... he is just so beautifully flawed. Wanting to be loved for WHO he is as opposed to WHAT he is but thinking himself unworthy until along comes Patience and he just has no defense against her!!!
I HIGHLY recommend...more
Anne
Another really fun read from Rosanna Leo. This is the third in her Greek god-related series. This one features Apollo as the hero, with Patience O'Conner, a well-known travel blogger visiting his gorgeous resort in Mexico for a working vacation. As with the other books I've read by this author, she develops the main characters so well, you are pulling for them to have a happy ending at the end. I loved the cast of supporting characters as well - Patience's two friends, the two randy Frenchmen, a...more
Nulli Para Ora
Rosanna Leo's Sunburn makes an excellent addition to her gods series. Set in the warm, tropical, Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, you can almost feel the tropical breezes as you read. But that's not the only heat she brings to this book. *fans face*

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Apollo after falling in love with Ms. Leo's Eryx and Dionysus, but boy does she deliver the golden god on a hot platter. *fans face again*

There's a little something for everyone here. Mystery, erotic passion, adventure, fr...more
Patricia
not to sure of exactly what to say,but i loved it!!! and even though i knew apollo would get his H.E.A. from you, i was crying reading this book. so, so, so, so good!!! and i'm so curious to see how you plan on making us care for hades as much as your other boys, since he's been the baddie.
and as to not give to much away nice little twist on the H.E.A. from the first 2 books :)
Emmie
Proof that not even a mythical god can escape the pull of love... I liked her writing style and besides I am just a sucker for romance....
Ashley
my favorite authors , kresley cole larissa ione laurann dohner and now rosanna leo is added to the list !! i can't tell you how much i enjoy this lady's books ! they are amazing !! read this series ! they just get better and better ! oh man i'm so happy !! $%$#%$&$$%& if i could rate it higher than a 5 i would !! MUST READ !
Jazzie
i loved this one....omg I'm so glad Apollo is happy now and that he is still a God I thought all of them would end up mortal......and I love the muse crew that was super cute.....I hope Artemis is next and she finds a nice guy and gets to stay a God too.
Jenn Herrick
ooh Apollo was awesome along with Patience. what a sweet couple. and I didn't know Hades had a soft side. another good book. I'm assured that there Will Be another one. lol OK I'll hold u to it.
I recommend this last book!!
Liquid Silver Books: Sunburn, a romantic comedy by Rosanna Leo 4 3 Feb 18, 2014 05:55PM
Happily Ever Afte...: Happily Ever After...with a Greek god? 5 11 Apr 25, 2013 07:43AM
Do you like heroes with a dark past? 3 9 Jan 30, 2013 08:37AM
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves, #1)
  • Bleed For Me (Loved By Gods, #1)
  • Old Souls
  • Shadowboxer (Tapped Out, #1)
  • Forevermore
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
  • A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • A Tale of Two Djinns
  • Cherry Stem (Vampire Cherry, #1)
  • Melody's Wolf (Lyric Hounds, #1)
  • See Me
  • Rebel Obsession (All The King's Men, #4)
  • Controlled Surrender (Alpha Doms, #6)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • No Strings Attached (Falling for You, #1)
  • Born to be Bad (B.A.D. Agency, #0.5)
  • Escape (Vampire King, #1)
Rosanna Leo is a multi-published author with Liquid Silver Books. She has her degree in history and literature, as well as in classical singing. Currently residing in Toronto, Canada, her favorite things are her family, dusty libraries, and Nutella. Rosanna loves it when the geeky, awkward girl gets the hot guy, and has made it her mission to see this happen in her books as much as possible. You c...more
More about Rosanna Leo...
For the Love of a God (Greek God, #1) Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters, #1) The Selkie (Orkney Selkies, #1) Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2) Predator's Serenade (Gemini Island Shifters, #2)

“Hopefully, he’ll be able to persuade Hades not to kill you. That wouldn’t be conducive to the start of a good relationship.” 7 likes
“She opened one eye. “The goddess Artemis is going to talk to the supreme god Zeus … about me?”
“Yup.”
She closed her eyes again. “I’m so not okay.”
2 likes