Start by marking “Adele: The Biography” as Want to Read:
Adele: The Biography

Adele: The Biography

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Adele's soulful voice, catchy hits, and vulnerable personality have won her critical acclaim and widespread popularity. She has topped the charts in 18 countries and swept the top awards at the 2012 Grammys--but who is she? How has her tempestuous life that influenced her heartbreaking tracks? How did she overcome the challenges that threatened to derail her career?
In "Ad
Published October 1st 2012 by Overlook (first published October 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Adele, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adele

Brina
Adele - eine britische Sängerin, die man spätestens im Jahr 2011 nicht mehr überhören konnte. Nach "19" hat sie mit ihrem zweiten Studioalbum "21" sämtliche Rekorde gebrochen und ist endgültig zum Weltstar aufgestiegen. In ihrer Biografie wird ausführlich auf ihre Kindheit und ihre Karriere eingegangen, die zum Glück noch lange nicht vorbei ist.

Da ich ein großer Fan von Adele bin und ich sie in Interviews immer wahnsinnig sympathisch fand, war es für mich ein absolutes Muss, dieses Buch zu lesen
Inez
Cała jedna gwiazdka dodatkowo za sentyment do Adele i wspomnienie tamtego poranka, kiedy pierwszy raz usłyszałam "Rolling In The Deep".
(a może nawet trochę za cover - z zapowiedzią - Randy'ego Harrisona;))
Shayan
This would probably have been more interesting to me had I not been such a big fan and read up on her life in other ways. Chas Newkey-Burden goes in depth into this star's childhood, adolescence and current success. I was aware of Adele's close relationship with her mother but found it an interesting read when Newkey-Burden discussed her father and other relations who have had an impact on her in one way or another, whether it be small or big.
I was not aware of the BRIT school and enjoyed findin
Vivian Choi
If you thought you liked Adele before, well now you will be glad to know that you've made a great choice in an artist. You will love her even more after reading her biography of her personal life, her education and finally how she really feels about management and the music business in both the UK and the USA.

Adele is raw in her thoughts where she will tell you exactly how it feels, but deep down she is genuine and has an all-around down to earth personality. I am addicted to her musical talent
Lauren Camella
I love this book!! If you want to read a good, well written book about Adele, then this is the book to read! This biography talks about Adele and her childhood to where she is now! Adele is making great history, and if you are a huge fan lie me, you will definitely like it!!!
Danielle Sales
I have started reading this book, although I knew Adele is very young to have a biography. Everything that is written in the book is well-known by her public, i.e., there are no real news in her biography. If you follow the news, there's no need to read this book.
Mary
gave up on this not cos the book wasnt any good just think i love adele the singer but not sure was interested enough to read the book, it was a well written book and funny though...
Melissa
I love Adele but this book was just okay. I didn't really learn anything new from it. I think a book written by her would be so much more interesting.
Lily I
Great BOOK!!! I loved how he really explained every detail and HOW he put the information into the different chapters.
Katrina
Nothing here that you may not have read in a newspaper/magazine intervuew. Poor selection of photographs
Lauren
This was written so badly, I would have done better just reading Wikipedia.
Daisy
it's good to know more about Adele. I just love the way she talks.
Rachel Miller
Was ok but a bit repatative!
Aervity
Aervity marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
kerry carlyle
kerry carlyle marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Monika
Monika added it
Feb 02, 2015
maria helena
maria helena marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Berna Sanchez
Berna Sanchez marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Zé Carlos
Zé Carlos marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Flavia
Flavia marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Zahra
Zahra marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Rucax Miranda
Rucax Miranda marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • 101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic . . . but Didn't!
  • The Proper Wife
  • Lilac Wedding in Dry Creek
  • River's End (The Inn at Shining Waters, #3)
  • Gallagher's Hope (Gallagher, #2)
  • Knowing - A Series of Gifts
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma #3)
  • One Chance in a Million (California Chances, #1)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
  • Susanna's Christmas Wish
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • Autumn Winds (Seasons of the Heart #2)
  • Mother of Pearl
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • Livvie's Song (River of Hope, #1)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
Chas Newkey-Burden is a British journalist and author. His books include The Reduced History of Britain, Great Email Disasters and Not In My Name: A Compendium Of Modern Hypocrisy (co-written with Julie Burchill). He has also written unauthorised biographies of Simon Cowell, Paris Hilton, Amy Winehouse, Alexandra Burke and six official publications for Arsenal football club.

He has written for publ
More about Chas Newkey-Burden...
Justin Bieber: The Unauthorized Biography Taylor Swift: The Whole Story FREE SAMPLER Amy Winehouse: The Biography Taylor Swift: The Whole Story Stephenie Meyer: Queen of Twilight: The Biography