Start by marking “Short Change (Tucker Sinclair, #3)” as Want to Read:
Short Change (Tucker Sinclair, #3)

Short Change (Tucker Sinclair #3)

L.A.-based Tucker Sinclair has her hands full trying to get her consulting business off the ground. But it won't be easy: with her clients' businesses threatened-and then their lives-the stakes are deadly high.
Published July 3rd 2007 by NAL Hardcover (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Short Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Short Change

Sheri
Aug 15, 2010 Sheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short Change (Patricia Smiley)

A fast paced murder mystery. Tucker Sinclair is a business consultant, who just branched off on her own. She needs each client to make things work. When she takes on a job for PI Charley Tate, she winds up more involved than she thought.

Eve Lawson is a novice author who is writing a book about real estate, not to mention the sole heir to a real estate tycoon, she hires on Charley to see who is following her. Soon Tucker is involved, she finds herself investigating
Kristi
Sep 13, 2010 Kristi rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, humorous
I would categorize this as the perfect in-the-car book. Which is exactly what it was for me.

In other words, it didn't grip my attention. It didn't make me feel as if I just had to finish it now. It was perfect for picking up, reading small amounts, setting down, and knowing it was there whenever I was in the car, but it wasn't requiring my attention or time.

That's the best I can give to this book. Oh, well, and the fact that it only cost me 1.25 at Dollar General.
Georgiann Hennelly
Aug 04, 2011 Georgiann Hennelly rated it really liked it
Tucker Sinclair runs her own business consulting firm. What was supposed to be a short job helping P.I Charley Tate get his practice established has turned into a full time job as Charley pushes her to save not only his business but possibly his life. It all starts when Eve Lawson comes into Tate investigations saying someone is following her andd she wants to hire Charley to find who it is. Eve says she is writing a book about real estate. Eve dresses like someone from the eighties. But work me ...more
Sally Lindsay-briggs
Jul 21, 2015 Sally Lindsay-briggs rated it it was amazing
What an enjoyable book! It had a little of everything: a few laughs, an intricate murder mystery, lots of action, believable, interesting characters and there was also a little romance between Tucker and her Cop-boyfriend. The author put it all together in a well written style, reminiscent of the Stephanie Plum series of novels. Reading more "Smileys" will keep me happy.
L8blmr
Dec 30, 2015 L8blmr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy these somewhat "light"mysteries by this author, which is a shame because apparently there is only one more book after this one. I like the intelligence of the heroine (though she is another one who somehow gets involved in investigations without having had any training or experience), the subtle humor, the more realistic characters, and the pace. I will have to do some research on Ms. Smiley to find out why there are no more Tucker Sinclair stories after #4 - I will miss them.
Robert
Feb 03, 2014 Robert rated it really liked it
I read this one first, and it made me want to read more. What I like about Patricia's/Tucker's world is that the events a credible and cary me to areas where I have only passing knowledge. Liked it a bushel and a peck!
Sharples
Sep 19, 2016 Sharples rated it did not like it
I thought this might read like a Lisa Scottoline. I got to page 118 and I can go no more. It reads junior. And, the storyline gets confusing in parts. I wanted to like the character but it wasn't enough to finish it.
Laurel
Sep 19, 2008 Laurel rated it really liked it
Very funny new author!
Terry
Jan 30, 2010 Terry rated it really liked it
A quick enjoyable read, good characters and settings that I wish I could step into.
Jason
Jan 20, 2009 Jason rated it liked it
Well written-but cops out at the end. Fun read, but a bit of a disappointment at the wrap up.
Christina
Shelves: scpl, mystery
read 12.09.07
Kurt
Feb 24, 2015 Kurt rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book & will read more Tucker Sinclair mysteries.
Kathy Warren
I liked the character Tucker Sinclair but the story line was weak and way too characters in the book. I rated it i3 stars but should have been 2. Will try her next book.
Gay
Jul 31, 2016 Gay rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoined this book. Fun romp!!
Lois
Jun 06, 2010 Lois rated it liked it
Complicated plot.

Amusing bits, such as the description of a small Nevada town: "It's a place where people can water-ski and lose their child's college fund all in the same weekend."
Diane Michel
Sep 18, 2007 Diane Michel rated it liked it
Just started it a few nights ago, but I must have read her books before as I recognize characters. I am enjoying is so far.
Patty Allen
Jan 03, 2015 Patty Allen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, and plan to read the other books in the series.
Bill
Oct 04, 2010 Bill rated it liked it
from a friend
Surprisingly enjoyable writer. I'll find more of her stuff
Jamie
Aug 06, 2008 Jamie rated it really liked it
My favorite of the three books. Tucker Sinclair (that's the main lady) solves another crime by teaming up with a PI. I was a fan and am now just waiting for the next book.
Jessie
Jul 21, 2008 Jessie rated it really liked it
Better than the first two. I'll read the next one if there is one to come out.
Pam
Jul 01, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, california
06/30/08 rec via pbs
Barbie
Barbie rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2011
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Alli
Alli rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Greta
Greta rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Patricia Lambrou
Patricia Lambrou rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Cutter
  • He Done Her Wrong (Toby Peters, #8)
  • Best Served Cold (Trailer Park Mystery, #3)
  • Dealing in Murder (A Molly Doyle Mystery #1)
  • Good Morning, Darkness
  • Skin Deep (Simeon Grist Mystery, #3)
  • Liberty Square (Kate Delafield, #5)
  • The Hidden Law (Henry Rios Mystery, #4)
  • For Whom Death Tolls (Manor House #3)
  • Batteries Required (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #4)
  • The Peddler (Hard Case Crime #27)
  • Murder in Miniature (Miniature Mystery, #1)
  • Closet Confidential (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #4)
  • Dial M for Mischief (Sunshine Girls, #1)
  • Some Like It Hot-Buttered (Double Feature Mystery #1)
  • Scots on the Rocks (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #23)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • The Dark of Day
Patricia Smiley is the author of four novels, featuring amateur sleuth Tucker Sinclair. PACIFIC HOMICIDE is the first in a new series about Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective Davie Richards and is based on her 15-year stint as a volunteer for the LAPD. The second book in the series OUTSIDE THE WIRE will debut on November 8, 2017.

Patty's short fiction has appeared in Ellery Queen Myst
More about Patricia Smiley...

Tucker Sinclair (4 books)
  • False Profits (Tucker Sinclair, #1)
  • Cover Your Assets (Tucker Sinclair, #2)
  • Cool Cache (Tucker Sinclair, #4)