Start by marking “Highland Savage (Murray Family, #14)” as Want to Read:
Highland Savage (Murray Family, #14)

Highland Savage (Murray Family #14)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  1,208 ratings  ·  27 reviews
"New York Times" bestselling author Howell returns to the fateful realms of the Scottish Highlands, where a man's destiny lies in the heart of the woman who once betrayed him. Original.
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Savage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Savage

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie MoningThe Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
111th out of 435 books — 1,467 voters
Again the Magic by Lisa KleypasA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeAfter the Night by Linda HowardIf You Deceive by Kresley ColeLady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas
Vengeance Is Mine
178th out of 200 books — 244 voters

More lists with this book...

Dialogue is written in Scottish "dialect". Ach, nay! I canna tell ye how it pained me! I willna suggest it to anybody, as I found it verra annoying. I suspicion that it will be found pleasin' to those whose hearts trip a little faster around kilts, though I canna remember a single mon wearin' one.

Ach, aye! Toss it in yon bonnie bankes and yon bonnie braes!
Tina "coffee and books"
3.5 Stars

Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Review to come. . .
♥ Melody
Wasn't so crazy about this book. I was really tempted to skip parts cause it just got soooo redundant and dragged out. It was hard to finish. I felt the same conversations were brought up over and over and it took forever to draw to a conclusion. I felt the back drop of the story was kind of convoluted and the hero and heroines 'misunderstanding' of each other just got to be really tiring and idiotic. The author managed to make both of them come off so oblivious and stupid at parts by dragging o ...more
Cruth
"Knowing that he was wrong did not mean he would admit it easily." p.110, loc.1434

Author: Hannah Howell
First published: 2007
Length: 352 pages, 4550 locations
Setting: Scotland, 1481.
Sex: explicit, not very frequent. He likes giving oral.
Heroine: Survivor of a severe beating, scarred.
Hero: Survivor of a severe beating, scarred, limps.
Series: Book 14 of Howell's Murray series. Lucas is the twin of Artan in "Highland Barbarian". Matthew the Monk also appeared in Kiera's story, "Highland Champion".
In
Elle
Connection to the series: Lucas is the twin brother of Artan (previous book's hero).

After surviving an attack that left him all but dead, Lucas Murray has returned to Dunlochan for revenge. Revenge against the six men who beat him, shattered his leg, tossed him off a cliff and left him for dead. Revenge against the beautiful bitch who ordered the attack. He once loved her, trusted her, and paid the price. Now she'll pay.

Seeing the man she once loved under attack again by her worst enemies, Kate
Sarah Greenwood
I love the Murray stories and this one doesn't disappoint. Can read in any order as all are stand alone stories which I like. I'm slowly working my way through the lot of them :)
Bridget
Lucas Murray (Artan's twin brother) has fallen in love with Katerina Haldane, until he is brutally attacked and told it is at her direction. He literally crawls from the area an eventually his brother finds him and brings him back home to heal. What Lucas does not know is that Katerina was also attacked and thought dead. He returns when he is strong enough, and finds her in hiding from her half sister, who actually instigated the violence against them both. He accuses her of ordering the beating ...more
Diana
After a year of recovering from grievous injuries, Lucas Murray returns for revenge on the one he thinks responsible: Katerina, his true love.

This was a darker book, with insidious plots and perceived betrayals. The undercurrent of betrayal lurked throughout, causing many issues with Katerina and Lucas. Like Highland Barbarian, the climax comes fairly early, leaving a good portion of the book to deal with cleaning up the emotional messes. They are a great couple, however, after the first 100 pag
Diane Davis-ross
Great character, interesting story line, and entertaining.
Danielle G
Usually love this series but this book I didn't like a lot. I really liked the female lead but there was something missing when I read the book to get engaged and invested in their love interest. It's weird because I really love this series. I have read so many of the other books and had no trouble with them at all. Anyways this series is great so I won't stop reading just because of this one book but if you're only looking for a single book to read from the series don't choose this one!
Michelle
One mistaken look caused a lot of pain for both Lucas and Katerina. We spend much of the story waiting for Lucas to figure out the truth and then wait for Katerina to stop being bull-headed. A great match these two make. For the most part, I enjoyed the book. However, it seemed to take them forever to work their problems out. There was a lot of action and it made the story go by fast. All in all, not a bad read.
Mum
I think I have read one too many books where the hero is tongue-tied around the heroine, and everyone is afraid of his/her own shadow. The story was different, but just not believable even for a romance, where most rules fly out the door. If you want the whole series, it's worth reading. If you need to skip one or two, put this one on the "skip" list.
Tami
Lucas Murray is one of my favorites in the family, which is why i rated it the way i did. He seemed 'out of character' in this book though. I expected more witty remarks and a bit more arrogance from him than there was. The story seemed to drag on and even went in circles at times. Even with all that said, I still LOVE the series.
Readitnweep
Joycee
I did it again ... I had such high hopes for this story after reading a teaser from Artan's tale. It was a nice story - but not gripping or heart-wrenching or sigh- or weepiness-inducing. Perhaps I'll take a break from Ms. Howell for now.
Carolyn F.
3.5 stars. Pretty cute book. A little too long with the hiding part. And the romance between Lucas and Katerina didn't gel until the end of the book but overall a really good book.
Petula
i am glad i read this straight after "highland barbarian" it is a totally different story , but because the two heroes are twins it completes the stories better.
Kathrynn
This book just dragged for me. I was alittle more than 3/4 finished, and didn't care anything about the characters. I ended up never picking it up again to finish.
Elaine Mcdonald
I hated this book. The book just drags, and the author spends so much time explaining even the obvious. I will never read another book by this author!
K
Sep 16, 2012 K rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance and/or the series
Recommended to K by: fan of series
Overall, a sweet story and easy read w/ Howell's typical humor, romance, and plot twits. Would def recommend this book and the series to other readers.
Jill
Lucas Murray (brother to Artan, et al; grandson of Maldie and Balfour) and Katerina Haldane.
Stacie
May 07, 2007 Stacie added it
Recommends it for: Romance
It was the typical highland warrior romance. It was a good, quick read but not a keeper.
Vicki
Book was a little slow to me. Didn't enjoy it as much as the others in the series.
Tracy
Hannah Howell is a talented Author who consistently delivers a great story!
Kashii
id dont even remember finishing this book
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
  • A Taste Of Fire
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • When the Laird Returns (The Highland Lords, #2)
  • To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3)
  • Taming the Highland Bride (Devil of the Highlands, #2)
  • Highland Guardian (Daughters of the Glen, #2)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)
  • Highland Hero (Scottish Knights Trilogy, #2)
  • Highlander Unbound (Lockhart Family, #1)
  • Temptation in a Kilt (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #1)
  • Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #4)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...

Murray Family (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1)
  • Highland Honor (Murray Family, #2)
  • Highland Promise (Murray Family, #3)
  • Highland Vow (Murray Family, #4)
  • Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)
  • Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) (MacEnroys, #1)
  • Highland Angel (Murray Family, #7)
  • Highland Groom (Murray Family, #8) (MacEnroy, #2)
  • Highland Warrior (Murray Family, #9) (MacEnroy, #3)
  • Highland Conqueror {Camerons, #1} (Murray Family, #10)
Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1) The Eternal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires #1) My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3) Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) (MacEnroys, #1) Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)