Start by marking “The Wooden Spoon Bread Book: The Secrets of Successful Baking” as Want to Read:
The Wooden Spoon Bread Book: The Secrets of Successful Baking

The Wooden Spoon Bread Book: The Secrets of Successful Baking

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Featuring over 250 proven recipes, as well as clear, concise directions on everything from setting up the perfect bread-baking kitchen to creating your own unique recipes, this indispensable tool is for anyone who longs to create the satisfying delights of home-baked breads.
Published January 6th 1994 by Atlantic Monthly Press (first published August 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Wooden Spoon Bread Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wooden Spoon Bread Book

Dineen
Mar 20, 2012 Dineen rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I think the only thing that matters when you buy or read a cookbook is that the recipes work. Well, and sometimes pictures are nice. You won't find any pictures in this book, but you'll find page after page of recipes that actually turn out like they're supposed to. My copy is literally falling apart, and that about says it all.
Linda
Jun 10, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook, baking
I originally bought this book when it was first published in the 1980's. Up to that point I had been baking yeast bread using a mixer with a stainless steel bowl. I let the appliance do the kneading. The author introduced me to the concept of using a large ceramic bowl and a wooden spoon. While stirring in the ingredients I had time to think about what I was making. I could also hear the kids playing in the other room and my husband working outside in the yard. While kneading the ingredients tog ...more
Ldrhc
May 17, 2009 Ldrhc rated it really liked it
This is my go-to bread book even after 10 years of use. I've used is so much I need to have it spiral bound at Staples. I don't want to replace as I have written comments and dates next to all the recipes I've tried. I just made sourdough oat bread this weekend (5/09).

I'm clicking March, 1999 as the "Date Read" but it really should be listed as the date discovered.
Keith Clark
Feb 06, 2014 Keith Clark rated it really liked it
Better than just a cookbook. It goes into details on some of the stories behind the recipes and explores technique.
Fritz
May 14, 2008 Fritz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
When I first found this book in the library, I kept it overdue for at least two months, trying to bake everything in it. Next to Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads, this one is the most important bread book on my shelf.
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Patricia Hodges
Patricia Hodges rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Nancy Wellman
Nancy Wellman marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
jennifer a booterbaugh
jennifer a booterbaugh rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Lindell
Lindell marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Patia D.
Patia D. is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
Taj
Taj rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Tiffany Gilbert
Tiffany Gilbert rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Catherine Lampman
Catherine Lampman rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Andrew Guidroz
Andrew Guidroz rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013