Start by marking “The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military” as Want to Read:

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  452 ratings  ·  31 reviews
America's bravest, brashest voice is back―as ferocious and cutting as ever.

"Where has six decades of radical, mad-dog liberalism brought us?" Savage asks in his electrifying new book. "I'll tell you where: America is teetering on the cliffs of insanity."

Written with the fire, the conviction, and the clear vision of a modern-day prophet, Savage returns with a vengeance in t
Published March 8th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 8th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Enemy Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enemy Within

Rachel
I really enjoyed this book. It surprised me that rather than attacking Democrats and elevating Republicans- Savage blasted both sides for standing by and doing nothing while this country is overrun with people determined to censor some religions and not others, teach our children a liberal agenda in school including homosexual education, and on and on and on. He objects because we have stood by and done nothing while the Republic our Forefathers desired for us is desecrated. We started as a Chri ...more
Angela Reick
I love this book. Savage is my personal "dirty little secret". I listen every night to his radio show. I don't agree with everything he says, but most of it is good, solid, common sense. I believe in family and I believe in America. I want to represent that and he has some fantastic points about where society is going and how to stop it.
Terry
Savage peels back the hypocrisy in our society and the ultra liberal perspective. He has many powerful anecdotes. At times he is rather vitriolic, which undoubtedly comes from his frustrations at being on the receiving end of the vengeful media. It is a good read if you are concerned about the erosion of values in our society. Historically, all great civilizations ultimately died from corrosion from within and America will undoubtedly follow that time tested methodology! It is time to fight back ...more
Michelle
A scathing account of liberals & progressives...this guy holds nothing back. Interestingly, he was raised in an immigrant, Democrat household & was seemingly destined for a liberal-leaning adulthood yet after seeing/experiencing some things w/in our broken system, he has changed his views dramatically. This was written about 2003-04 so his insight from several years ago is a little fascinating now in hindsight...
Cordell
Loved it. There is a lot here that is just over the top in you face stuff but the theme is that the government is to much in our everyday lifes and not always for the best. Which I beleive.
Michael
Love it or leave it...
David
Dec 28, 2008 David rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Liberals
Recommended to David by: The reputation of his other books.
This is another one of those political science books I read during college in defense to liberal accusations and outcry to the right. I like Savage's ideas and principles. He's an old school conservative Jew, extremely educated, and has a way of pointing out fallacies in society and explaining the direction we, as a nation, should go. But have you ever heard his radio show? The guy's kind of a dick to his callers.
Melanie Blanco
It's depressing, if he is right. I prefer Anne Coulter, for her sense of humor. Humor means we may beat those liberals at their own game. But I agree with Savage on his main points-too much multi-culti is a bad thing. Some people hate America and wish it was more like Europe. If I wanted to live in Europe, I would live in Europe. At least I could go to Neurenberg and see a Christmas tree!
Justin
Wow, where to begin...I knew this was going to suck but I thought it would be funny in the way that all uber-conservative lunatics are funny, but it was soooo shitty. Not at all funny. Most of it was just him rambling on about stories from his childhood and how that's why liberals are terrorists? What?! Needless to say I didn't finish it. Excellent tincture for insomnia though.
Erin
I agree with a lot of his viewpoints, but I don't particularly care for his style. He pretty much assumes his readers are idiots. This lessened towards the end of the book (or I had gotten used to it). He uses personal stories to illustrate his points, but they are not always especially relevant. If not for his very good ideas, I would have given the book a 3.
Nat
Excellent book & a real eye opener to what is really going on in America. The best thing about Mr. Savage is that he tells it like it is. He's not politically correct and isn't afraid to hurt your feelings. If we had less liberal-minded people and more conservative independents like Michael running the show, this country would be much better off.
Chad Judice
Michael Savage book is both entertaining and funny. The sad part about much of what he lays out in this book is that it is the way many things are seen, accepted, and endorsed by many in the country. The United States might be united geographically, but it is divided politically.
Rsoeffker
This book was read by many many people without knowing who Savage was. Liberals and Conservitives alike found much splendor in this book by Savage. The Enemy within is another great book to have in your library as you go back and read it many times over.
goddess
Great read. Savage at his best. This guy knows what he's talking about. He gives straight punches and cold hard facts, laced with humor and sarcasm.
Christina
Sep 22, 2008 Christina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Neutral/Un-biased readers
This book is what you choose to make of it. I was not disappointed!
Vic
Lot's of biographical anecdotes. Covers much area of cultural change.
Stephen K.
Jul 02, 2007 Stephen K. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: political
Brilliant! Straight talk fused with honesty and humor!
Amy
Savagely honest.
Luke
Absolutely Brilliant!

I chose to give this book a perfect rating because it is full of common sense that the Liberals do not realize. Come on people! You will get hooked. I liked everything about this book. I think that it was well planned and written by Dr. Savage. I would recommend this book to anyone who is 13 or above, as it does contain some suggestive debates to modern issues.
-Luke Y., Age 13
Jeff Jones
Enjoyed the book by Dr. Savage & read it in just a short time. Some of what he says is what I expected & some was quite distressing. To think, we have gone another 10 years down the hole since he wrote this.

I particularly enjoy him reminiscing about his old days in NYC. Dr. Savage is one of a kind.
Cristy
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. For being a decade old it was spot on. It makes one realize how very messed up and blurry the lines of morality, common sense, and good old fashioned values have become in our country. I'm anxious to read his newer stuff.
Eric
This is one of the first books that I read that really opened my eyes to the ravages of Liberalism. I thought this was a fine work by Dr. Savage.
Tracey
Liked what he had to say on most topics. He had a lot of research to back up what he stated.

Some comments were way over the top.
Tom Fowler
This was a 233 page book, that could have been a 20 page pamphlet. Good stuff, but way to wordy.
Jimmy
Doesn't even deserve one star. What a hatemonger Mr. Savage is.
Muriel
Crap, crap and more crap.
Alex Teich
Fascinating. Starkly true. Frightening.
Kelly
Unfortunately, I am not able to listen to "The Savage Nation" as often as I would like, but I catch up with Dr. Savage's ideology through his books. The Enemy Within outlines how our schools, faith, military, etc. are being disgraced by liberalism. If you are a patriotic American, this book will have you fuming. The blatant hypocrisy of the left is astounding! Michael has a knack for motivating his audience. When you finish this book you will want to spread the word, and get active.

I read a lot
  • Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism
  • See, I Told You So
  • Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism
  • Shut Up & Sing: How Elites from Hollywood, Politics, and the UN are Subverting America
  • Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us...and What to Do About It
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming: And Environmentalism
  • The No Spin Zone: Confrontations with the Powerful and Famous in America
  • The Real America: Messages from the Heart and Heartland
  • Slouching Towards Gomorrah: Modern Liberalism and American Decline
  • Men In Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America
  • A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media
  • Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media's Attack on Christianity
  • Birth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also Robbing God of Priesthood Children!!
Dr. Michael Savage is a multimedia icon in the conservative movement. The Telegraph in the U.K. ranked him as one of the most influential conservatives in the United States, and with 10 million weekly listeners, the Berkeley Ph.D. is the third most listened to conservative talk show host. Recently featured in The New Yorker and Playboy, Dr. Savage is the author of many books, including the politic ...more
More about Michael Savage...
The Savage Nation: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Borders, Language, and Culture Liberalism is a Mental Disorder Abuse of Power (Jack Hatfield #1) Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama's Attack on Our Borders, Economy, and Security The Political Zoo