Start by marking “The Time Machine (Graphic Novel)” as Want to Read:
The Time Machine (Graphic Novel)

The Time Machine (Graphic Novel)

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A retelling in graphic novel format of Wells's tale of a scientist who invents a machine that carries him into the future, where he meets a race of gentle humans and evil underground creatures.
Paperback
Published September 1st 2007 by Stone Arch Books

To ask other readers questions about The Time Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Machine

Sarah Brutsch
In reading this graphic novel for class, I couldn't get over the feeling that I was reading a comic book. I'm not sure it's right to translate classic novels into graphic format, and I'm not sure this one translated very well. I was reminded of the story I read as a child and didn't fully understand, only this time there was little left to my imagination because the images were given to me. While it wasn't bad, it seemed overly simplistic, and I enjoy too much the challenge of reading a novel an ...more
Minahil
this book fits in the category of a book about survival or facing a challenge. I decided to read this book because my teacher recommended it to me. In most parts of the book i liked how it was interesting and had thrilling action. The author described the situations really well and it helped me imagine the parts well. The ending was a twist. i wasn't expecting how the time traveler would go back in time to live forever because he was in love with Weena.
I found the Morlocks in the book very anno
Patricia
It was OK, but it could have been sooooo much better. There was not enough time taken with the 'real' story to make it good. We read this in half an hour, and the child I was reading it with isn't a fast reader. Too bad, but a good warning to me to really check these before I get them - I don't want to out the child off of classics, even in graphic novel form, because they aren't interesting and complete enough.
Cece
Apr 11, 2014 Cece rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cece by: Alicia
Maybe it was just me, but I really wasn't feeling this graphic novel. I haven't read the "actual book" or seen and film adaptations, so the graphic novel was my first exposure to this world's setting. Even though graphic novels don't do much describing, this book felt like it still needed a little more of it (or at least of something). I'm hoping my mind set might alter on this book after I read the "actual book".
Connor Clark
this is about the graphic novel edition

this was a massive let down from the original h. g. wells classic. it was a brisk summary of quite a compelling books with none of the characters being portrayed as they were in the novel. it could have easily been stretched out to several installments which would have dramatically improved my enjoyment.
the book took me about 1-2 hours of pure enjoyment, i read this in about ten minutes cover to cover... i wouldn;t recommend this to anyone, for a little mo
Sonya Huser
As far as the Graphic Revolve series goes, it was ok.

Wait, wait, wait. In the graphic novel, twice it is stated that the traveler leaves 1895 and ends up 800 centuries in the future in the year 8,027,011. The description above puts them in another year entirely. Now, someone check my math, please.

8 centuries = 800 years

80 centuries = 8,000 years

800 centuries = 80,000 years

How the HELL is this guy ending up around year 8 million? Someone please help me out. Is my math wrong? Am I crazy? What hap
Lenna
I guess I need to read H.G. Wells' Time Machine to get a better understanding of the graphic novel. Although, I thought that these 'classic' graphic novels were created so that teens could have a background understanding of the classics. Oh well, it was pretty good.
Suzanne
Yeah, so all the Eloi were drawn as little tiny people just as the original version describes... But then Weena is drawn as a tall lady with kinda big boobs. So that was weird.
Rebekah
This was probably one of the only mini graphic novels that left me with more questions than answers. hahaha
Snow
read for fun
Mamoun
Mamoun added it
Dec 15, 2014
Michelle Laird
Michelle Laird marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Scott Gunstream
Scott Gunstream marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Kaylee
Kaylee marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Will Hoover
Will Hoover marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Amanda Gronemeyer
Amanda Gronemeyer marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Rayb
Rayb added it
May 11, 2014
Dexter
Dexter marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Terry Davis is an American novelist who lives near Spokane, Washington, and is a professor emeritus of English at Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU Mankato), where he taught Creative writing – fiction and screenwriting – as well as adolescent literature. Davis, who has been a high school English teacher and a wrestling coach, is the author of three novels for young adults: Vision Quest (197 ...more
More about Terry Davis...
Vision Quest If Rock and Roll Were a Machine Mysterious Ways: A Novel The Invisible Man. H.G. Wells The Time Machine (Graphic Novel)