Beware of Virtuous Women

Beware of Virtuous Women (Romney Marsh #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  252 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The perfect daughter...secrets within secrets, lies within lies.

Adopted daughter Eleanor Becket is dedicated to her family and its welfare. She is also a commendable commander, and a keeper of secrets, most especially her own. Who would ever expect this fragile beauty, with her quiet ways and her unfortunate limp, to be capable of anything more than her accomplishments at...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Beware of Virtuous Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beware of Virtuous Women

ChloeLeeNH
I really enjoyed this one... I liked the return memories from Eleanor and how Jack didn't immediately lust after her. She was smitten but he didn't see that. I can see this series building up to something great. Hope the series continues not to disappoint!
Bronwyn Rykiert
This is the third book in this series of the Beckets of Romney Marsh.

The first one I read was The Dangerous Debutante and it was so

good that I wanted to read the whole series. As the library does not have all the books in this series I am reading them out sequence as I can get them, which is okay as they all stand alone quite well. As with most series it is great to see the same people in each book and you get to know them a little better and see more of their story.

The Beckets do not engage in...more
Marcie
I hadn't read any of the Romney Marsh Novels prior to this, but might read some of the earlier ones to see if they shed light on the background which is alluded to throughout this novel. The character development leaves a bit to be desired, but some of that could be attributed to my not knowing the series. The romance happens very quickly for me, with very little of the expected outcry from the heroine's family.
Deirdre
Eleanor Becket is a quiet woman who knows secrets and one of the biggest secrets is her own. Her past has things that will influence the future and Jack Eastwood finds himself embroiled in both her and her family's future while trying to unravel some questions of his own.

Much of the plot is pretty predictable and if you blink you might miss some of the thriller and mystery aspects but it's a fun read.
Mara Maia
Adorei esta história sobre a personagem Eleanor :) é a irmão mais fraca , mas desde o outro livro que é a irmã mais racional e calma de todas.

A história de amor neste livro também é muito engraçada, à conta do casal ainda mandei uma ou duas gargalhadas :)

Gostei,

Boas Leituras*
Rebecca
I enjoyed the turn in the Beckett arc as the whole arc is shifting to more dangerous times. More mysteris are sounding the Beckett family as they cope with the past and prepare for the fight that is coming.
Linda
Lovely! Kasey Michaels never disappoints. Liked the heroine & hero lots.
Erotic Horizon
Beware of Virtuous Women (Super Historical Romance) by Kasey Michaels (2007)
Inge
Inge marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Jul 26, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Evie Stack
Evie Stack marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Valerie Cheston
Valerie Cheston marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • The Scandals of an Innocent (The Brides of Fortune, #2)
  • A Season for Marriage
  • Deadly Kisses (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #8)
  • The Conqueror's Lady (The Knights of Brittany, #2)
  • Her Warrior King
  • No Other Love (Lost Heirs, #3)
  • The Viking's Captive Princess
  • Guarded Heart (Masters at Arms, #4)
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress
  • The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility, #4)
  • In the Master's Bed
Kasey Michaels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 books (she doesn't count them). Kasey has received three coveted Starred Reviews from Publishers Weekly, two for the historical romances, THE SECRETS OF THE HEART and THE BUTLER DID IT, and a third for contemporary romance LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY (that shows diversity, you see). She is a recipient of the RITA, a W...more
More about Kasey Michaels...
The Taming of the Rake (Blackthorn Brothers, #1) How to Tempt a Duke (Daughtry Family, #1) Maggie Needs An Alibi (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #1) A Midsummer Night's Sin (Blackthorn Brothers #2) Love To Love You Baby