Start by marking “The Dangerous Debutante” as Want to Read:
The Dangerous Debutante

The Dangerous Debutante (Romney Marsh #2)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  321 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A debutante deceived...is dangerous indeed!

What makes a lady? Morgan Becket wouldn't know. The scandalous debutante is being sent off to London to have her first Season in hopes a gentleman will finally tame her. Yet shortly into her journey she meets Ethan Tanner, Earl of Aylesford--of noble blood, but surely too wild, too unprincipled, too unsuited for Morgan. Or perhaps
Published October 15th 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Dangerous Debutante, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dangerous Debutante

Bronwyn Rykiert
This is the first book that I read in this series and I loved it so much that I had to read the rest of the series.

In 1812 Captain Ainsley Becket sends his adopted daughter Morgan from their home in Romney Marsh to London to have a season sponsored by his oldest adopted son Chance and his wife Julia (see A GENTLEMAN BY ANY OTHER NAME) though he fears for the Ton when the outrageous high spirited woman takes the city. On the trek, Morgan decides she needs to ride her horse over the objection of h
Elaine
May 05, 2014 Elaine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little bit over the top for my taste. Would read a few pages, then I would get bored, so I'd skim a few pages. It didn't take long for me to finish the book. Glad I didn't spend too much time on it.
ChloeLeeNH
Mar 24, 2009 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love at first sight connection was well played... they both realized how alike and how smart the other was. It was good read
Andrea Guy
Mar 23, 2010 Andrea Guy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dangerous Debutante is book two in Michaels Romney Marsh Trilogy. This story centers around Morgan Becket and Ethan Tanner the Earl of Aylesford.

Morgan meets Ethan on her way to her brother's home in London. The two have more chemistry than any couple has a right two and they enjoy stirring up trouble with the ton, even though Morgan only stays in London for about a week, mostly because her brother Chance and his with Julia are at their wits end trying to figure out how to deal with her and
Fiona Warner
Constant head-hopping makes this book a trial to read.
Tammy
Jul 21, 2015 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had a lot of trouble just liking Morgan. She was spoiled, willful, and inconsiderate. However she does improve and grow throughout the story. Ethan was a lot more likeable, and that may be because he was more mature than she was. This is the second book in the series and the auther still has not told us what the Beckett family's great "secret" is. There are hints and clues but it looks like I shall have to read more of the books to get the rest of the story.
Rebecca
Oct 12, 2007 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
More in the Becket Arc. I'm facinated at the arc going through a number of books (more then a trilogy)at the foundation a strong family of people not really related to each other. Set in England during the years just before and during Napoleon's second attempt at power. This book is before Napoleon's escape.

This book is focused on Morgan. A woman who doesn't think she can overcome the past she doesn't remember. But know's she doesn't fit in the typical mold.
Judith
Aug 06, 2011 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a good book The Dangerous Debutante is! I simply like this story and these two characters. Morgan is stunning, brave, strong-willed and free spirited. At the same time she often shows her vulnerable and innocent side. Ethan's good looks along with his wit and charm make him the perfect match for Morgan. The Dangerous Debutante has a combination of mystery, action, sensuality and drama. It's a good historical romance.
Meredith Galman
Nov 08, 2007 Meredith Galman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Should have known better, but I thought it might be fun. Wrong in so many ways. Note to Morgan: girl, that I'm-so-beautiful-and-impetuous-I-can-do-whatever-I-want act you're working is tired. Scarlett O'Hara could get away with that shit; you I just want to slap. And let me also advise you that the way to overcome your fears of becoming a whore like your mother is not to allow the first man you meet to diddle you in the park.
Annette
May 21, 2009 Annette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Read it through with no problems at all. I loved how the two main characters recognized each other for who they were and appreciated the qualities they each had of strength...and how he never wanted to change her.
It had the mystery of the family secret, love, laughter, horses and ships, with a tiny bit of magic mixed in with Odette...which I always enjoy.
Lovely, enjoyable story.
Katie
Jun 23, 2015 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2010
This book was pretty trashy, but my mom gave it to me on vacation so I read it. (BTW, my mom couldn't bring herself to keep reading it after 50 pages)

The romance was fun, but not very clean. A beach book.
Nandar
I enjoyed reading this book. And i gotta admit its up there in my favourite list. The characters in this book i enjoyed. And the romance is O-M-G!
Cathy
Jul 13, 2010 Cathy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I got in 50 pages and had to stop. It was a waste of my time.
April Morris
May 22, 2012 April Morris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Becketts are a wonderful family to read about!
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Alicia
Alicia added it
Jul 23, 2016
Fiona
Fiona rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Julie Osborne
Julie Osborne rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Linda
Linda added it
Jun 28, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Laura Key
Laura Key rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Elizabeth Michel
Elizabeth Michel marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Wildwitchca
Wildwitchca marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Jtrackbook
Jtrackbook marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Shelley
Shelley rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Kiki
Kiki marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Audrey Krippendorf
Audrey Krippendorf rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
  • The Perils of Pursuing a Prince (Desperate Debutantes, #2)
  • My Surrender (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #3)
  • Her Scoundrel (Bad Luck Brides, #6)
  • Heart of Honor (Heart Trilogy, #1)
  • The Naked King (Naked Nobility, #7)
  • Masquerading Mistress
  • One Wild Night
  • My Lord Scandal (Notorious Bachelors, #1)
  • The Reasons For Marriage (Regencies, #5; Lester Family, #1)
  • A Warrior's Passion (Warrior, #9)
  • Lord of Scandal
  • Love Is in the Heir (Featherton Sisters, #4)
  • The Rake's Wicked Proposal
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Here Comes the Bride
  • Never Resist Temptation
Kasey Michaels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 books (she doesn't count them). Kasey has received three coveted Starred Reviews from Publishers Weekly, two for the historical romances, THE SECRETS OF THE HEART and THE BUTLER DID IT, and a third for contemporary romance LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY (that shows diversity, you see). She is a recipient of the RITA, a W ...more
More about Kasey Michaels...

Romney Marsh (8 books)
  • A Gentleman By Any Other Name (Romney Marsh, #1)
  • Beware Of Virtuous Women (Romney Marsh, #3)
  • A Most Unsuitable Groom (Romney Marsh #4)
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • Becket's Last Stand (Romney Marsh, #7)
  • Romney Marsh Trilogy