Start by marking “Montana Gold” as Want to Read:
Montana Gold

Montana Gold

Chase Lomax grew up rough and hard, until he found a home in the rodeo. Now he's a five-time bronc-riding champion who's been on the circuit nearly twenty years--a long time in a young man's game.

Elle Hawthorne's no stranger to adversity. A rodeo bullfighter, she's made a name for herself in the male-dominated sport. Dancing with danger every night gives her a rush unlike
Published October 15th 2012 by Harlequin (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Montana Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Montana Gold

Andrea Hussey
Plot spoilers
Wen I started reading &found out she was running around in the ring distracting the bull, I was disappointed. I wanted her 2 act. ride a bull. I imm. knew I wasn’t goin 2 like the style of writing. The way things were described just weren’t good. 4 ex:
She was the boss. She’d be the one to say how this little rendezvous ended.
It was just her and the bull, mana a mano.
That sounds so stupid.

Elle felt a huge smile come over her face as she backed up, took a running jump into the air
Angela
Mar 25, 2009 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The two main characters were fairly well developed; however, I feel as if both Chase and Elle's histories were slightly glossed over even with 384 pages. I really liked how Elle's tragedy was not given away until 3/4ths of the way in. You got to know her character slowly throughout the story instead of from the beginning. At first, you see a vibrant confident female in a male-dominated sport. Then it's slowly revealed due to the "wreck" her insecurities and past tragedies.
Shera Melton
It was a good book, but it wasn't as romance-y as I would have liked. It was more about the lives of the three main characters, and how they intertwined. It was a good book, but if you are looking for something hot and amazing, there are better books out there. And the internal dialog of the characters was very repetitive, which got boring at times.
Brandy Swartz
Jun 20, 2012 Brandy Swartz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every one who likes a good romance novel and the cowboy type stories
Recommended to Brandy by: Purchased it at a yardsale
I love the fact that the guy gets the girl of course, but she over comes her fears. I mean it's not every day a woman is a rodeo clown, and doctors up a cowboy due to her not reacting in time. She fixes him up alright. Can't tell much more because it is a great read...to many spoilers to write, so pick up a copy.
Sue
May 25, 2011 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book was entertaining however it was hard to relate to the characters. The information on the rodeo and bullfighters was fascinating. I also like that Lomax's ex was nice and was not a witch. It was refreshing.
Amy
Jun 28, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't judge me for reading this. It's good to read lots of different things and this was my first Harlequin romance. Now I know. It was terrible, but made me giggle at some of the absurdities and strange sayings.
Mellanie C
May 31, 2016 Mellanie C marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Pauline
This is a Mira book which is a Mills and Boons category. Not a bad read if you want something quick and easy.
Hazel
Sep 09, 2009 Hazel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had the feeling some research went into this. And Dellin was clearly trying to write a love story of some substance, but I found her characters and plot rather unconvincing.
Raissa Marie
Raissa Marie rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2012
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2011
MsMaybelle
MsMaybelle rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2010
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Robyn
Robyn rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2010
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Felicia
Felicia rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2013
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Helen Mason
Helen Mason rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Vivian
Vivian rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Misti Ruddell
Misti Ruddell rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2015
Christy Sewell
Christy Sewell rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2012
Stacy Williams
Stacy Williams rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Mum
Mum rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2008
April
April rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2012
Chaos
Chaos rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2010
Jaime Gwyn
Jaime Gwyn rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Montana is a magical place to Genell. Late in the 1800s, Westerners called it "The Last Best Place" and to her it seems to be so still today. The enormity of the sky and the mountains, the few people with so much space and so much strength, and the land that seems to go on forever hold a powerful attraction that she loves to use for the background of her books.

Genell is also a lifelong rodeo fan.
More about Genell Dellin...

“Then she bent her head over at the waist and tossed her head around to separate the curls.
The elevator stopped and she heard the door open. She straightened up to find some big guy in a ball cap and sunglasses right in her face, charging into the elevator before she could even get out of it. He had both hands full of carry-out bags—Mexican food, judging from the smell.
She looked at them, her mouth watering. Yep. Enrique’s. The best in town.
He whirled around to punch the door-close button.
“Hey,” she said. “I’m getting off here.”
Some girl outside in the lobby yelled, “We know it’s you, Chase. You shouldn’t lie to us.”
Startled, Elle looked at the guy’s face and saw, just before he reached for her, that it really was Chase Lomax in ragged shorts and flip-flops.
He grabbed her up off her feet and bent his head. Found her mouth with his.
“Wait for us,” another girl yelled. The sound of running feet echoed off the marble floor, slid to a stop. “Oh, no!”
Kissing her, without so much as a “Hi, there, Elle.” Burning her up. She tried to struggle but he had both her arms pinned to her sides.
And suddenly she wanted to stay right where she was forever because the shock was wearing off and she was starting to feel. A lot more than she ever had before.
The door slid closed. The girls began banging on it.
“We know your room number, Chase, honey,” they yelled. “See you there.”
Loud giggles.
“We’ll show you a real good time.”
The elevator moved up, the voices faded away. But Chase kept on kissing her.
She had to make him stop it. Right now. Who did he think he was, anyway?
Somebody who could send lightning right through her whole body, that’s who. Lightning so strong it shook her to her toes.
He had to stop this now. But she couldn’t move any part of her body. Except her lips. And her tongue . . .
When he finally let her go she pulled back and away, fighting to get a handle on her breathing.
“What’s the matter?” he demanded.
Her blood rushed through her so fast it made her dizzy.
You’re asking me? It’s more like, what’s the matter with you? How’d you get the idea you could get away with kissing me like that without even bothering to say hello?”
She touched her lips. They were still on fire.
“You have got a helluva nerve, Chase Lomax.”
He grinned at her as he took off his shades. He hung them in the neck of his huge, baggy T-shirt that had a bucking bull and rider with Git’R’Done written above it. He wore ragged denim shorts and flip-flops, for God’s sake. Chase Lomax was known for always being starched and ironed, custom-booted and hatted.
“I asked if you’re all right because you were bent over double shaking your head when the doors opened,” he said. “Like you were in pain or something.”
“I was drying my hair.”
He stared, then burst out laughing. “Oh, well, then.”
His laugh was contagious but she wouldn’t let herself join in. He could not get away with this scot-free. He’d shaken her up pretty good.
“Oh. I see. You thought I needed help, so you just grabbed me and kissed me senseless. Is that how you treat somebody you think’s in pain?”
He grinned that slow, charming grin of his again. “It made you feel better. Didn’t it?”
He held her gaze and wouldn’t let it go. She must be a sight. She could feel heat in her cheeks, so her face must be red. Plus she was gasping, trying to slow her breathing. And her heart-beat.
“You nearly scared me to death to try to get rid of those girls. And it was all wasted. They’re coming to your room.”
Something flashed deep in his brown eyes.
“Now you’ve hurt my feelings. I don’t think it was wasted,” he drawled. “I liked that kiss.”
2 likes