Start by marking “Montana Gold” as Want to Read:
Montana Gold

Montana Gold

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Chase Lomax grew up rough and hard, until he found a home in the rodeo. Now he's a five-time bronc-riding champion who's been on the circuit nearly twenty years--a long time in a young man's game.

Elle Hawthorne's no stranger to adversity. A rodeo bullfighter, she's made a name for herself in the male-dominated sport. Dancing with danger every night gives her a rush unlike
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Montana Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Montana Gold

Andrea Hussey
Plot spoilers
Wen I started reading &found out she was running around in the ring distracting the bull, I was disappointed. I wanted her 2 act. ride a bull. I imm. knew I wasn’t goin 2 like the style of writing. The way things were described just weren’t good. 4 ex:
She was the boss. She’d be the one to say how this little rendezvous ended.
It was just her and the bull, mana a mano.
That sounds so stupid.

Elle felt a huge smile come over her face as she backed up, took a running jump into the air
Amy
Don't judge me for reading this. It's good to read lots of different things and this was my first Harlequin romance. Now I know. It was terrible, but made me giggle at some of the absurdities and strange sayings.
Tammy Pickens
Loved this 2nd book!! A feel good kind of read!!
Angela
The two main characters were fairly well developed; however, I feel as if both Chase and Elle's histories were slightly glossed over even with 384 pages. I really liked how Elle's tragedy was not given away until 3/4ths of the way in. You got to know her character slowly throughout the story instead of from the beginning. At first, you see a vibrant confident female in a male-dominated sport. Then it's slowly revealed due to the "wreck" her insecurities and past tragedies.
Shera Melton
It was a good book, but it wasn't as romance-y as I would have liked. It was more about the lives of the three main characters, and how they intertwined. It was a good book, but if you are looking for something hot and amazing, there are better books out there. And the internal dialog of the characters was very repetitive, which got boring at times.
Brandy Swartz
Jun 20, 2012 Brandy Swartz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every one who likes a good romance novel and the cowboy type stories
Recommended to Brandy by: Purchased it at a yardsale
I love the fact that the guy gets the girl of course, but she over comes her fears. I mean it's not every day a woman is a rodeo clown, and doctors up a cowboy due to her not reacting in time. She fixes him up alright. Can't tell much more because it is a great read...to many spoilers to write, so pick up a copy.
Sue
This book was entertaining however it was hard to relate to the characters. The information on the rodeo and bullfighters was fascinating. I also like that Lomax's ex was nice and was not a witch. It was refreshing.
Hazel
I had the feeling some research went into this. And Dellin was clearly trying to write a love story of some substance, but I found her characters and plot rather unconvincing.
Pauline
This is a Mira book which is a Mills and Boons category. Not a bad read if you want something quick and easy.
Aubrey Abarr
Very awesome love story. Every cowgirls dream.
Cynthia W
Cynthia W is currently reading it
Oct 27, 2014
Kiersten Koppenhoefer
Kiersten Koppenhoefer marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Barbara Grimm
Barbara Grimm is currently reading it
Oct 09, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Adrianne
Adrianne marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Susan Shay
Susan Shay marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Lin
Lin marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Alli Wensman
Alli Wensman marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Lalacicky
Lalacicky marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Towers
Towers added it
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Montana is a magical place to Genell. Late in the 1800s, Westerners called it "The Last Best Place" and to her it seems to be so still today. The enormity of the sky and the mountains, the few people with so much space and so much strength, and the land that seems to go on forever hold a powerful attraction that she loves to use for the background of her books.

Genell is also a lifelong rodeo fan.
More about Genell Dellin...
Montana Blue Montana Red Cherokee Warriors: The Loner Honey Grove Sweet Tea for Two

“Then she bent her head over at the waist and tossed her head around to separate the curls.
The elevator stopped and she heard the door open. She straightened up to find some big guy in a ball cap and sunglasses right in her face, charging into the elevator before she could even get out of it. He had both hands full of carry-out bags—Mexican food, judging from the smell.
She looked at them, her mouth watering. Yep. Enrique’s. The best in town.
He whirled around to punch the door-close button.
“Hey,” she said. “I’m getting off here.”
Some girl outside in the lobby yelled, “We know it’s you, Chase. You shouldn’t lie to us.”
Startled, Elle looked at the guy’s face and saw, just before he reached for her, that it really was Chase Lomax in ragged shorts and flip-flops.
He grabbed her up off her feet and bent his head. Found her mouth with his.
“Wait for us,” another girl yelled. The sound of running feet echoed off the marble floor, slid to a stop. “Oh, no!”
Kissing her, without so much as a “Hi, there, Elle.” Burning her up. She tried to struggle but he had both her arms pinned to her sides.
And suddenly she wanted to stay right where she was forever because the shock was wearing off and she was starting to feel. A lot more than she ever had before.
The door slid closed. The girls began banging on it.
“We know your room number, Chase, honey,” they yelled. “See you there.”
Loud giggles.
“We’ll show you a real good time.”
The elevator moved up, the voices faded away. But Chase kept on kissing her.
She had to make him stop it. Right now. Who did he think he was, anyway?
Somebody who could send lightning right through her whole body, that’s who. Lightning so strong it shook her to her toes.
He had to stop this now. But she couldn’t move any part of her body. Except her lips. And her tongue . . .
When he finally let her go she pulled back and away, fighting to get a handle on her breathing.
“What’s the matter?” he demanded.
Her blood rushed through her so fast it made her dizzy.
You’re asking me? It’s more like, what’s the matter with you? How’d you get the idea you could get away with kissing me like that without even bothering to say hello?”
She touched her lips. They were still on fire.
“You have got a helluva nerve, Chase Lomax.”
He grinned at her as he took off his shades. He hung them in the neck of his huge, baggy T-shirt that had a bucking bull and rider with Git’R’Done written above it. He wore ragged denim shorts and flip-flops, for God’s sake. Chase Lomax was known for always being starched and ironed, custom-booted and hatted.
“I asked if you’re all right because you were bent over double shaking your head when the doors opened,” he said. “Like you were in pain or something.”
“I was drying my hair.”
He stared, then burst out laughing. “Oh, well, then.”
His laugh was contagious but she wouldn’t let herself join in. He could not get away with this scot-free. He’d shaken her up pretty good.
“Oh. I see. You thought I needed help, so you just grabbed me and kissed me senseless. Is that how you treat somebody you think’s in pain?”
He grinned that slow, charming grin of his again. “It made you feel better. Didn’t it?”
He held her gaze and wouldn’t let it go. She must be a sight. She could feel heat in her cheeks, so her face must be red. Plus she was gasping, trying to slow her breathing. And her heart-beat.
“You nearly scared me to death to try to get rid of those girls. And it was all wasted. They’re coming to your room.”
Something flashed deep in his brown eyes.
“Now you’ve hurt my feelings. I don’t think it was wasted,” he drawled. “I liked that kiss.”
2 likes