Start by marking “Accounting for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Accounting for Dummies

Accounting for Dummies (For Dummies)

Not everyone is cut out to be a professional accountant. But thanks to "Accounting For Dummies, 2nd Edition you can get a handle on the financial aspects of your business, investments, or taxes. Accounting professor and author John A. Tracy sheds light on the mysteries of Generating income statements and balance sheetsEstablishing budgets, controlling profit and cash flow, ...more
Published March 1st 2013 by For Dummies (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Accounting for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accounting for Dummies

Gia Scott
I'm not an accountant or bookkeeper, but I did need to understand the process. I also didn't want to have to try and find classes to teach me about the basics.

Dummies books are well known for being easy to read and understand. This book is like others in the series in that it does exactly that. In addition, each chapter is written so that you can go to the exact section that you need and go only through that chapter alone, instead of being forced to read the entire book so that you understood a
Jonathan
Mar 18, 2009 Jonathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I find the Dummies series to be quite educational. If I wanted to learn about cooking or about sports, I can read a book designed around the topic. I think that a person should learn as much as they can about things that matter to them. I like learning about accounting because of it's role in business. Increasing my knowledge of accounting can help me invest or even save money.
I like the summary on the income statement and balance sheet. I also like how the book goes in depth what an accounta
Katie
Oct 26, 2014 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
overall a great look at accounting, just like you would expect from this book. went more in depth than I expected, which was nice. took me awhile to get through because it's a bit dry.... only so much you can do to spice up an accounting book.
Brian Welch
Jul 09, 2012 Brian Welch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed. I cried. I ran the full gamut of emotions. And that was before opening the book.
Peter
May 12, 2008 Peter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this as an audiobook, which was probably a bad choice (like milk). The book seems to be a high-level management style overview of basic accounting principles. As an audiobook it was sometimes difficult to picture in my head the various types of accounting forms that the author was speaking on (Simon... That was for you). I assume that in the real book there are likely examples to make this easier. I would recommend this book for anyone looking for a high-level view of business acco ...more
D
Apr 22, 2009 D rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Maybe I needed accounting for MEGA dummies. I have zero knowledge about accounting and unfortunately I found that in order to understand this book one still needed a basic understanding of accounting definitions to grasp these concepts. Bummer.
Nunik Kartikarini
Actually a rather boring book, but it tells me some basics accounting, so I can say that its a helpful book
PWRL
Apr 25, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Viraj
May 12, 2016 Viraj rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance-etc
Listened to audiobook. Last 1 hour is worth listening to again. Other text is repetitive and too basic.
Amber
Jun 20, 2010 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I skipped around in this book and read the items that mattered to me at this point. I like that I can skip around in the book. This is a great desk reference for a quick laymans explanation.
Darcy Stewart
Sep 12, 2010 Darcy Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a great study guide. I love how it contains so much, but is so little.
Shannon
Apr 18, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, for-mba
This book made my fear of accounting go away. It seems to be more organizing than math skills needed. I feel much more prepared. Accounting is my very first MBA class starting September 7, 2013.
Brian
Sep 26, 2011 Brian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, abandoned
just too much beyond me.....i don't think this is for me.
Andrew
Feb 06, 2012 Andrew rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Andrew by: Lilamani Schleicher
Some helpful ideas to get me started. Geared to business accounting as opposed to nonprofit organizations.
Dvir Oren
not very clear, dunno difference from accounting lol
Katie
Sep 27, 2009 Katie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh...
Adam Marsh
A bit difficult to follow in audiobook form.
Jim George
Can't get much better.
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Zat-Bust
Zat-Bust rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2016
Elaine F Martel
Elaine F Martel rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2016
Carlos Crosetti
Carlos Crosetti rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Chris Franzi
Chris Franzi rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
tamara patrick
tamara patrick rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Virginia Hammond
Virginia Hammond rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2017
George
George rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2017
Louay Shamroukh
Louay Shamroukh rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Kytah
Kytah rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Christine Semach
Christine Semach rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2013
  • Mutual Funds For Dummies
  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies
  • Manga for Dummies
  • Piano for Dummies [With Play-Along]

For Dummies (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Anthropology For Dummies