Start by marking “Judaism for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Judaism for Dummies

Judaism for Dummies

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Like the many other Dummies books, Judaism for Dummies organizes a wealth of material into an easy-reading format with a warm, accessible voice. Readers can expect to find translations of common Yiddish words, the difference between Orthodox and other denominations, the meaning and rituals of high holidays, the origins of the Jewish people, and a stirring passage about the ...more
Published March 8th 2013 by For Dummies (first published April 10th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Judaism for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judaism for Dummies

B.
Dec 30, 2009 B. marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Of course I will be reading this. I love "for dummies" books and whenever there is a topic or subject that interests me, I see if there is a "for dummies" book on it. It is a great book to introduce you to the subject matter.
Lauren
This book was a great refresher for me on values, traditions, and key components to my religion. With age, I am feeling more of a desire to connect with my faith and spiritual nature. Judiasm is so cool in that it is really a study of history and exploration of your OWN perspective on events that occured and shaped this world. I love that Judiasm allows freedom, discussion, and questioning of things instead of, 'this is how it is, like it or leave it.' I feel lucky to be a part of such a loving, ...more
Deni Aria

I found this book is so handy to understand the other faiths or culture, this book provides a clear and lucid explanation to what Jews, Judaism for myself, the dummy! Reading this book definitely has made my bond to my own belief as this book has contributed to me by looking at others in an un-judgmental way!
Audra
Good information but, really, just too much. Too dense, too thick, trying to do too much in one book. I would give them credit for making me want to read other materials, but this just isn't very readable. I usually love the "for dummies" series as introductory texts but this one was not that great.
Thamrong
To love them is to know them. I love romancing the Jewish history. My first encounter with the Jews when I was a student in NELP. They were very warm and charming people. Three thousand years of Jewish history in a single book is quite stunning.
Kurt
This is everything I wanted from an intro book. It had humor, helpful hints, information on many aspects of modern Judaism, and personal stories from the authors. I recommend it to anyone.
Ari
Very good book to learn about the jewish faith. Made it very interesting to learn and put some humor into it.
Ju
Great book for those curious about being Jewish or understanding the culture and "rules" around being Jewish.
Boqueronbecky
I really enjoyed it. I had learned a new appreciation for Judaism. I highly recommend this book.
Beth
I LOVED this book. It was so interesting and taught me SO much. Am I weird?
Pia Hersom
Lærte mig nogle forskellige ting om jødedommen og dens traditioner
Rachel
Now I can really be a Jew if I wanted to be.
J.
Very comprehensive introduction to Judaism.
Rabbin Marc
Etonnament précis et complet
Leslie Tanner
Leslie Tanner marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Nancy G.
Nancy G. marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jane Robinson
Jane Robinson marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Meg Dean
Meg Dean marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Eran Dror
Eran Dror marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
  • Mormonism for Dummies
  • Choosing a Jewish Life: A Handbook for People Converting to Judaism and for Their Family and Friends
  • Buddhism for Dummies
  • To Be A Jew: A Guide To Jewish Observance In Contemporary Life
  • The Jewish Study Bible
  • British History for Dummies
  • Mythology for Dummies
  • Jewish Literacy: The Most Important Things to Know about the Jewish Religion, Its People, and Its History
  • The Bible for Dummies
Judaism For Dummies Judaism For Dummies (For Dummies (Religion & Spirituality)) A Journey of Awakening: Kabbalistic Meditations on the Tree of Life Getting to the Heart of Interfaith: The Eye-Opening, Hope-Filled Friendship of a Pastor, a Rabbi & a Sheikh Religion Gone Astray: What We Found at the Heart of Interfaith