Start by marking “Primary Storm (Lewis Cole, #6)” as Want to Read:
Primary Storm (Lewis Cole, #6)

Primary Storm (Lewis Cole #6)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Every four years, the spotlight of the world turns to the tiny state of New Hampshire, as the voters in its primary help choose the next president of the United States.

Usually, Lewis Cole, a magazine columnist and ex--Department of Defense research analyst, tries to stay out of the spotlight. However, when he attends a political rally for the front-running senator, gunfire...more
Published September 19th 2006 by Minotaur Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Primary Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primary Storm

Bryan Higgs
The second book of Brendan Dubois I have read. Published several years later than the first one of his I read -- intentionally; I was trying to get a sense of progression without going from the very first and going on to the second, etc. The library didn't have all of them...

This one was reasonably good, too. Similar formula to the first book; some of the same characters, but a new love interest, etc.

These books are set in a fictitious coastal town in New Hampshire (Tyler), somewhat south of the...more
Zakariah Johnson
"A friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move bodies." Thus goes the bond between semi-retired, semi-embittered reporter, Lewis Cole, and his thuggish pal, Felix Tinios. We should all have such friends (of course hoping never to have to put the bond to the test), and Lewis is more than lucky to have Felix as the first-in-the-nation, New Hampshire presidential primary is off and running. It's a funny book, that nonetheless offers in-depth studies of characters and society, with a...more
LJ
PRIMARY STORM (Thriller-New Hampshire-Cont)- VG
DuBois, Brendan – 6th in series
Thomas Dunne Books, 2006-Hardcover
*** Magazine columnist Lewis Cole once worked for the Department of Defense and has signed a non-disclosure about his time there. It is now Presidential primary season in New Hampshire. Lewis’ girlfriend, Annie Flynn, is working for candidate Senator Jackson Hale whose wife happens to be a former girlfriend of Lewis. The Senator is coming to town and a Secret Service Agent visits Lewis...more
Clare
I read an anthology of mystery books edited by Charlaine Harris and enjoyed the short story written by Brendan DuBois. I immediately requested all Brendan DuBois books from the library and this one arrived first.

Whenever I discover a new series and new character, I have 2 thoughts: How have I not heard about this author before? and Oh, I have met a friend who I can encounter again and again.

Lewis Cole is like that for me. Lewis Cole may be Dubois' most famous character, but in reading more of D...more
Mark Pitman
Lewis Cole 06

Lewis Cole, magazine writer and retired defense research analyst, has a girlfriend, Annie Wynn, working for Senator Hale's presidential campaign. Lewis discovers an ex-girlfriend from college is now the Senators wife. Suddenly Lewis is arrested for attempting to assassinate the Senator.

I read this book before I realized it was number 06 in the Lewis Cole series. I discovered the Lewis Cole series is much more fun to read in order. After reading the first five books the personality a...more
Jules
This book was appealing since we're currently in a primary season. I thought the mystery aspect was interesting. The low point was the dialogue between the the main character and his girlfriend. While never complex it read very stilted and false. I actually found it to be unpleasant and distracting. However, the story kept me interested and I wanted to know how it ended.
Nat
The beginning of this book did not bode well. I found 2-3 typos and grammatical errors in the first few pages, and the writing was generally stilted. I was reading it on a flight, though, and didn't have another book handy, so kept with it and am glad I did. The plot and writing seemed to keep improving as the book progressed. I'm not sure I'd rush out to read any more books by this author, but it was a lot better than it could have been :)
Stacy Bearse
Another solid entry in the Lewis Cole series. Read this during NH primary week, which echoes the setting of the novel. Will read Deadly Cove, the most recent installment, in the next several weeks.
Karen M
Great read - especially during political election season. Good light read - mix between mystery and more.
Evelyn Harvill
Evelyn Harvill is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Andrew Kelly
Andrew Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Brendan DuBois of New Hampshire is the award-winning author of sixteen novels and more than 120 short stories. His novel, "Resurrection Day," won the Sidewise Award for Best Alternative History Novel of the Year.

In addition to his thrillers, Brendan DuBois is the author of the Lewis Cole mystery series.

He is also a one-time "Jeopardy!" gameshow champion.

His short fiction has appeared in Playboy, T...more
More about Brendan DuBois...
Resurrection Day Dead Sand (Lewis Cole, #1) Twilight 6 Days Black Tide (Lewis Cole, #2)