Seduction Under Fire
read excerpt* *Different edition

Seduction Under Fire

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  22 reviews

What's worse? Being held hostage by a Mexican drug cartel or being held hostage by that cartel with the one man you passionately hate? Camille Fisher, a brainy, tough-as-they-come cop, can't believe she's daring to escape with her too-hot nemesis, Aaron Montgomery. But once she outsmarts their brutal captors, the danger's just beginning.
Racing across the Mexican desert, C...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense (first published January 1st 2012)

Saly
Rating 3.25 stars
I really wanted to be WOW'ed by this book but I wasn't. The storyline seemed unbelievable to me, hero/heroine are kidnapped, escape and then run around Mexico trying to rescue a kidnapped girl and bring down a cartel. The heroine was pretty ingenious, her dream of being a cop ended five years ago when she was shot yet she still hangs on, on desk duty letting her life pass by. The heroine on the other hand works with ICE and loves the ladies but that life doesn't seem to be worki...more
Susan
Very good book. Camille and Aaron have been at each other's throats for two years. She considers him to be a too charming, always gets what he wants waste and he thinks she's an uptight pain in the butt. When they get kidnapped by a Mexican cartel it's up to them to save themselves. I loved both Camille and Aaron. I could tell that those sparks that were flying weren't just about dislike, they were about an attraction that neither wanted to admit. I loved the description of when they first met a...more
Kimberly
This was my 2nd Melissa Cutler book (it was her 1st Romantic Suspense published.) She has a fan for life. I just can’t believe that I never read Romantic Suspense before…….I love, love, love them! Seduction under Fire is like a great action movie with a romantic twist, plus you get to read what is really going on in the mind of the characters. Cutler does a fantastic job exploring the sexual tension between Aaron and Camille, who we are lead to believe have “hated” each other for years. Through...more
Cassi Carver
I had the honor of reviewing an advanced copy of Seduction Under Fire, and I'm so happy I moved it to the top of my TBR list! Seduction Under Fire is a fast-paced thrill ride where two sworn enemies have to rely on each other to stay alive.

I loved this book! It's well-written, funny, action-packed, and the hero and heroine's journey kept my attention through the whole book. I also can't complain about the beautifully spicy loves scenes. I would definitely recommend this book. I hope it's the fi...more
Judy Smith

Great book. Melissa you did a wonderful job. This was a great story. Can't wait to read the next one!
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
High octane ride from start to finish.

Camille Fisher always wanted to be the best police officer and had made it to San Diego Special Forces unit. But five years ago she was shot in the leg and had been on desk duty ever sense. She has been put in charge of being the police spoke person for a kidnapping of a young child that they fear involves her father who is a member of the Cortez Cartel in Mexico.

Aaron Montgomery works for the Park Ranger service but had been put on a task force with ICE t...more
Pam
Camille Fisher has been working at the dispatch desk for five years, ever since she was accidentally shot by her partner during a stakeout. She was part of San Diego Police Department’s Special Forces and at the time was the youngest female member. She was placed on desk duty because of the injury to her leg and she is suffering from PTSD and is unable to hold her right arm steady enough to fire a gun.

Camille’s former partner Jacob is married to her sister Juliana and they are awaiting the birth...more
Niina
Seduction Under Fire is another Melissa Cutler success! She's as great a romance novelist as I've experienced before! Now Seduction Under Fire was sort of a #0.5 in the ICE: Black Ops Defenders series ( of which #1 Tempted by Danger is coming out in June, which is awesome if I may add ) and a great romantic suspense story, it kicks off right away with the kidnapping of two people who hate each other to the core, and continues with their blossoming respect of each others special skill sets and bi...more
Christi Snow
My Review:
I really enjoyed this book. From the very start, it's clear that Camille and Aaron do not get along. Their connection is that his best friend is married to her sister so they have to deal with each other on a somewhat regular basis, but they do everything they can to avoid each other. Aaron is a man-whore who lives under a lucky star and it drives Camille batty. In her eyes, he's completely full of himself and a pig. She's had the worst luck possible and to watch him bask in the glow o...more
Sabrina
What happens when two people can't stand each other get kidnapped. A mind blowing escape and survival of the heart.

Camille and Aaron despise each other. For two years they only barely tolerated each other. Then, the unthinkable happens they are kidnapped by the Mexical Cartel. After escaping, in order to survive they have to trust each other. Not easy for Camille who thinks Aaron is just a pretty playboy. Now on the run with only each other to trust, it's survival for there lives and survival of...more
Emily Higgins
Police officer Camille Fisher and ICE agent Aaron Montgomery are kidnapped by Mexican gangsters and taken to Mexico. They manage to escape, but they must free a kidnapped child before they can return home. This novel is fast moving with interesting characters.
J.M.
I received a copy of this book from the author, and started it shortly after that. Then I moved and it got lost in a box. I found it and finished it the next day.
This is a great read if you're looking for something fun, sexy, and a little bit dangerous. The hero was a little too "alpha-I-know-what-you-want-better-than-you-do" for my general taste, but that's why it's four stars and not five.
Great little book by a great writer!
Jillie Anne
Fast paced. Fun from the beginning to the end. Love seeing some stepped up vocabulary. A new author for me I will be back for. This is a prequil to the new series ICE: Black Ops. that I will be reading in the near future. How wonderful, writing writing writing .. it worked for me ! ( Said I would be back .. Just bought the whole ICE Black Ops Defenders series, Yea me !! )
Melvina Davis
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! I was hooked from the first chapter of Seduction Under Fire. It is a page turner from beginning to end. It is everything a good romance/suspense novel should be. Melissa Cutler has a real talent for weaving a fast paced, action packed story. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more from this writer.
Tori
I really enjoyed this book. It was my first Cutler read and was very satisfied with the writing style, the story line and the outcome. It showed that the author really does her research when writing a book. Thank you Melissa for the autographed copy and the bookmark. I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads.
Mel Emerson
Really enjoyed this book, 1st time reading Melissa Cutler. The romance, suspense and main characters were great. Absolutely loved Aaron!!! Camille was such a strong female!! Thank you to Tori, who won this book through goodreads for letting me borrow it when she was done.
Kathy B. (Tx)
I would give this book more than 5 stars. The action was non-stop and the romance between the H/h was believable and hot!! I will definitely be keeping track of Melissa Cutler's releases and run to my nearest bookstore to pick up her next book.
Jessica Pollard
I really enjoyed this book. The story line kept interested and I couldn't seem to be able to put the book down. I loved that the lead female was strong and didn't cower but when push came to she knew what ahe needed.
Pam Batchelor
Being a new rewder to Melissa Cutler, she made me a huge fan with this book!!! Loved the story and she writes her characters so that you can relate to them!!! I'm def. a fan for life!!
This was a really good book. Surprised me completely.!!!
May Mostly Romance
เรื่องนี้เราสุ่มลองซื้อมาอ่านน่ะค่ะ เพราะเห็นว่า นักเขียนมีผลงานออกขายปีนี้หลายเล่ม ก็เลยอยากรู้ว่า เขียนได้น่าสนใจ (สำหรับเราไหม) ผลลัพธ์ที่ออกมาไม่ค่อยดีเท่าไหรค่ะ ทำให้ตอนนี้กำลังคิดว่า จะอ่านงานของเธอต่อไปดีรึเปล่า

ไม่มีอะไรแย่มากมายนะคะ แต่เราไม่ชอบองค์ประกอบหลายอย่างในเรื่อง เพราะไม่ค่อยลงตัวเท่าไหร บางอย่างก็ไม่มีเหตุผล และไม่สมจริง

พระเอกทำงานในหน่วยงานกรมอุทยาน (น่าจะแปลประมาณนี้นะ หน่วยงาน Park Ranger) ที่ตอนนี้ถูกยืมตัวไปทำงานให้กองตรวจคนเข้าเมือง (ICE) ซึ่งกำลังทำคดีเกี่ยวกับการลักลอ...more
Sdeets
Another good one from Melissa Cutler. Camille is a strong women but doesn't believe in herself. Aaron is a strong man who finds himself falling in love with this woman he would normally not be attracted to. Together they surprise each other and make a great team. Action, adventure and passion, keeps you going to the very end.
Sue
I'm a huge Melissa Cutler fan, so I was excited to learn about the release of Seduction Under Fire! I loved her other books and couldn't wait to read this one. From the first page, I was immediately wrapped up in Diego's and Vanessa's journey! Their romance is HOT! Rather than recap the plot of the story, I will just say that you should be prepared to not set this book down until you have finished the last page! Now I can't wait for her next book! An absolute must-read!!
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kelley Schmidt
Kelley Schmidt marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Susan Jordens
Susan Jordens marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
  • Soldier Under Siege (The Hunted, #1)
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • Blade's Lady (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1023)
  • The Burden of Desire
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
  • The Rule-Breaker
  • Tempted by His Target
  • The Wrangler  (Jackson Hole, #5)
  • Takedown (The Precinct, #12)
  • Don't Cry for Me
  • The Sheriff Takes a Wife (Manning Sisters, #2)
  • Fearless
  • Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2)
  • The Last Renegade (Bitter Springs #1)
  • Against the Dark (The Associates, #1)
  • Leave No Trace (Black Ops, #5.5)
Melissa Cutler knows she has the best job in the world, dividing her time between her dual passions for writing sexy contemporary romances and edge-of-your-seat romantic suspense for Harlequin, Penguin, and Kensington Books.

She was struck at an early age by an unrelenting travel bug and is probably planning her next vacation as you read this. When she's not globetrotting, she's enjoying Southern C...more
More about Melissa Cutler...
The Trouble with Cowboys (Catcher Creek, #1) Tempted into Danger (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #1) Cowboy Justice (Catcher Creek, #2) How to Rope a Real Man (Catcher Creek, #3) Secret Agent Secretary (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #2)

“The ferocity of her passion was what he'd been waiting for night after torturous night. He wanted her to hunger the way he hungered. To need like he needed.” 3 likes
“We're going balls to the wall, guys. Our sneak-and-peak just turned into a hostage rescue” 0 likes