Start by marking “A Holiday to Remember” as Want to Read:
A Holiday to Remember

A Holiday to Remember (Harlequin Special Edition #2225)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Alana Anders had lost enough in life to recognize a kindred soul. So when fate led her to a lonely cowboy--with a battle-scarred heart to match her own--she should have given him a nod and moved on. Because the holidays were upon her...and the last thing she needed was someone else's problems....
But what she wanted was another story. And she wanted Mack Graves, reluctant
Published November 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Edition (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Holiday to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Holiday to Remember

Bukcrz
Gah! The Cover was so deceptive and does not reflect the strength of the two main characters and the book's content - which was a very good romance story. Not once did they even eat pizza! They are pictured here in a plush surrounding while 90% of the story the main characters are in a dated ranch house and in Texas BEFORE thanksgiving so there is no way it should be snowing there! The story was way better than the cover.
Other than that reading the book was like falling in love again.
I love the
Susan
Very good book. I really liked both Alana and Mack. He was back in Oak Grove to try to reconnect with his estranged father, not knowing that he had recently died, leaving the ranch to Mack. He had no plans to stick around, but meeting Alana changed his mind. There was something about her that soothed his soul, aching from the losses he experienced in the war. He also found that he connected with her on a far deeper level than he had anyone else and that connection soon turned to love. I really e ...more
Sharon Chance
"A Holiday To Remember" has all the elements of a great holiday story - a bit of mystery, strong characters, a fast-paced storyline, and a heartfelt romance that leaves the reader feeling satisfied with the well presented tale.

Helen Myers, in my opinion, is one of the great romance writers of our time, and it is always a pleasure and an honor to review one of her books. It's an equal pleasure to highly recommend her books to others. If you are looking for great writing, a bit of sugar and spice
Jena
I actually saved this book from last year, and I was expecting AWESOMENESS judging by this cover ( the ring box is ON TOP OF THE PIZZA , yeah that's right - take a closer look...) - but again, I learned my lesson.

- Blaaaaaaaaand plot and romantic development
- Errors regarding Marines
- No tension/attraction building

And for a "holiday" romance (and the decorations on the cover and the back description says it's at Christmas time) - WHY does the story ENDS before Thanksgiving?!

I had to skim through
Susan Dalley
There are a few problems with this--Mack's transformation seemed very quick, Alana's relationship with Duke felt sort of like I was missing something and Mack's relationship with his mother felt like a loose end that was dropped--but I really enjoyed it! This is a very romantic story!
Gail
Nice story. A little bland for my taste, but nice. Sweet. Good read.
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Maryworth
Maryworth marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Hélène
Hélène marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Mokona
Mokona added it
Jun 18, 2013
Maria Pedersen
Maria Pedersen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Lisa Bickford
Lisa Bickford marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Subhasree
Subhasree marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013

Harlequin Special Edition (6 books)
  • It's News to Her
  • Almost a Hometown Bride
  • The Surprise of Her Life
  • The Dashing Doc Next Door
  • Groomed for Love
The Law is No Lady (Montana Mavericks #8) Dead End Lost Whispers in the Woods Hope's Child