Start by marking “Writing Children's Books for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Writing Children's Books for Dummies

Writing Children's Books for Dummies

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Everything aspiring authors need to write, publish, and sell a children's bookEveryone loves a children's book--and many dream about writing one. But is it actually possible for an unpublished writer--armed with a good story idea and a love of kids--to write, sell, publish, and promote a book? Yes, it is!

Clearly and concisely written with straightforward advice and a pleth
Published November 30th 2012 by For Dummies (first published April 29th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Writing Children's Books for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Writing Children's Books for Dummies

Ms. Yingling
The only thing wrong with books in this series is that they should really be call "The Definitive Guide to..." The "dummies" designation is needlessly self-deprecating for books that offer huge amounts of invaluable information. The recently updated version of this book is no exception.

It would be helpful if every aspiring children's author read this book. Part I is devoted to understanding children's literature and the market for it. I especially liked that this outlined not only what kind of b
Robert Kent
The book is wonderfully organized and indexed. I've been a big fan of the For Dummies books for years and I've got six of them already in my home on topics I've been interested in. Among my favorites are English Grammar For Dummies (not that you'd know it if you read this blog) and Conspiracy Theories and Secret Societies For Dummies, both equally useful in their own ways. I've even taken a shot at editing them as Wiley Publishing has a hub I pass every morning on my way to my day job.

If you've
David Roberts
The book I read to research this post was Writing Children's Books For Dummies by Lisa Rojany Buccieri et al which is a very good book which I bought from Kindle. I personally don't think I would ever write a children's book and if I wrote a book it would be non fiction and probably computing although this book is very interesting nonetheless. One rule in children's fiction is the baddies can't inflict any harm on the hero. The hero is usually a regular boy or girl who does extraordinary things. ...more
Kirsti Call
This book focuses more on writing itself than the mechanics of publishing, although publishing is covered. I really like the interviews of successful children's book writers that pepper the book.
Elaine Phillips
A must read for anyone writing a children book. Very informative and helpful about promoting and writing techniques! A must buy for new writers!
Raven Xavier
I found this book a big help in making sure what it takes to write and publish a childrens book.

I plan on buying this book...
Mary
I use as reference book.
Julie
I found this really helpful
PWRL
Apr 13, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
SuperDustin83
SuperDustin83 marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Leanna
Leanna marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Kathy Jo
Kathy Jo marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
  • Book in a Month: The Fool-Proof System for Writing a Novel in 30 Days
  • Forensics for Dummies
  • Genealogy Online for Dummies
  • Creative Writing for Dummies
  • Revision & Self-Editing: Techniques for Transforming Your First Draft Into a Finished Novel
  • Drawing for Dummies
  • World History for Dummies
  • Menace From the Deep (Killer Species, #1)
195226
Lisa Rojany Buccieri is a professional book editor and publishing executive with over 20 years' experience in the industry. Lisa has also written over 100 children's books and ghostwritten nearly as many. She has hundreds of satisfied clients with published books who recommend her wholeheartedly (see link at right).

As well, she has co-written two bestselling grown-up books: WRITING CHILDREN'S BOOK
More about Lisa Rojany Buccieri...
Sammy's Suitcase The Magic Feather: A Jamaican Legend Code Blue: In the Emergency Room Exploring The Human Body Casper Junior Novelization