Start by marking “Stronger: A Super Human Clash” as Want to Read:
Stronger: A Super Human Clash
Preview

Stronger: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy #6)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  528 ratings  ·  42 reviews
The critically acclaimed Super Human series reaches its shocking conclusion
All Gethin Rao wants is to be like every other boy his age. But normal twelve-year-olds aren't blue. And they certainly aren't thirteen feet tall. That's what happens when his superpowers kick in. And from that moment on, his life is never the same. Treated as a villain--a monster--Gethin spends th
Published June 1st 2012 by Philomel Books

To ask other readers questions about Stronger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stronger

Jeffl
I would like to note that it is the third book in the series and the series goes as followed: Super Human; The Ascension; Stronger. If you skip to The Ascension and go to Stronger you are spoiled the second book and you basically don’t have to read it. But you might as well read it because you do learn a bit more about some characters that are not mentioned in the third book.

In the book Stronger: A Super Human Clash, you follow the story of the supervillain/superhero Brawn, a thirteen-foot, bl
Dave Reiss
This is my favorite of Carroll's Superhuman books. I have always liked Braun and thought there was so much more to his story. He is a hero that cannot escape being clasified as a villian. His story if transformation is heartbreaking.

I love these books because the Supeehumans are such evolved characters, but we the readers are only given glimpses.

I kook forward to seeing what additional things will come out of this universe.
T.L. Barrett
If you are a fan of the metahuman fiction genre than Michael Carroll's six book (so far) series is a must. You can't find a better reason for why than this book which ties the two trilogies together and spans the metaphysical career of one Braun, a gigantic and hugely misunderstood metahuman who is blamed for his own murder, hunted, used by corrupt and scrupleless organizations and locked into a horrific secret slave camp for years. The narrative follows Braun intermittently from the onset of hi ...more
Jamal
Stronger by," Michael Carroll," is an action novel about one of the main super human teens in the Super human series. It tells about his life before he discovered his power's, and his journey coping with them. It gives the reader an insight to a character we saw in the previous books, that the reader just saw as a hulk type character.

There are many things I enjoy about this book. It is much like the other books from the Super Human series, it changes from one part of the story to another every
Ethan Teague
"Stronger" is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. Reading about Brawn was kind of like reading about someone with hulk's reputation who didn't deserve it. The people in this world think of Brawn as a monster and a murderer (though the most illegal thing he did in the book was take food from a store to survive). Honestly this book really made me angry and a little upset for all the things that Brawn went through. He was manipulated by way too many evil people. (Max Dalton and the fear ...more
TheReader
I must say, this book was a unexpected gem for me. Unbeknownst to me, I began to read this book without reading any of the other books set in the same world that were supposed to be read before this one, but have no worries, as I know I will be reading those, and any more nooks writing by Michael Carroll.The only one thing I didn't like about this book is when it sometimes changes the time it becomes confusing for me, but I have kept in mind that it might be because I haven't read any of the pre ...more
Shannon Luxford
I thought this book was pretty crap. I love this series, but this book was just so far left field for me. I would have loved to have seen Titan and Energy more in this book other than the brief appearances they get - which is ridiculous! Titan is said to be the most popular of all the Superheros, but he gets barely mentioned in any of the books! Brawn, to me, seemed like a 12 year old throughout this entire book. It's like his mind stopped developing and everything else just went into the sudden ...more
Catie
Great book. I'm glad we got to see this all from Brawn's POV. Wish we could heard more from Lance especially after ***.I woulds suggest this series for anybody who likes the Percy Jackson, Artemis Fowl, or Harry Potter. Start with Superhuman then the Asention.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER I cried when Abby died. And did my little happy dance when Abby said Solomon was marrying Abby's sister
*** Slaughter killed his Family.
Tchurch41
The book " Stronger: A Super Human Clash" was just as good as the first and second books of the series. It takes place when Brawn is about 34 years old and it tells his story of who he was before being super human. It tells what happened to him before he found the group of super hero's which he helped in the first and second books. The book goes back and forth through time so you can tell how the past helped the future Brawn and how he always wanted to help people. I couldn't help finding mysel ...more
Jonathon
This book is a mix of awesome and disturbing. Brawn makes a perfect narrator to the epic saga of the super humans from beginning to end. It truly brings everything full circle with an ending that is predictable but satisfying.
The night I finished this I could not sleep. It just hangs at the back of your mind, demanding that you dwell on the more gut-wrenching scenes and how close Brawn came to salvation.
This is for those who have read the other two books.(view spoiler)
Hayden Anderson
I think stronger was a great book. It is a stand alone, but is related (some same characters) to the Quantum Prophesy and Super Human Clash series. It is written in a way that allows the reader to connect to and have empathy for Brawn. Though for many super humans the change merely lets them do things normal people can't, but for Brawn it is very physical.
I liked it

It was good but I did not like reading about all the bad stuff that happens to him. It especially broke my heart to hear that Abby died and all my fave superheroes grew up
LeeAnn
I read this book because my students all seem to love this series, and this one especially, for some reason. I was curious why they like it. I'm still curious. I didn't really like it. I read it; I don't think I'll be reading any of the others in the series. Just left me feeling "eh".
R.S. Jinks
I love this book, which is why I devoured it so quickly. The character Brawn is so nuanced and multilayered, my heart went out to him and I rooted for his ultimate salvation. Michael Carroll is such a tremendous writer. All of his books have kept me properly enthralled.
Matthew
A book only about Brawn? This is glorious!

And it doesn't dissapooint. Though it is quite different from what I expected.

What's the name of the trope where the guy can just never catch a break? The weebly? Kick the fluffy dog? Oh whatever. The light heartedness and kind of hidden dark undertones of the other two books are gone, replaced by just thought provoking darkness. But out of this darkness comes one of the best developed characters I've ever seen. Brawn who at first glance is just a hulk
Vihaan Jain
I am a person who is really into science fiction books and this is a really great choice. Every chapter of the book contains tons of intensity and I look how there is a parallel story in it. 5 stars for sure!
Scott Mcdaniel
I love these books because it shows the gray side of good and evil. Its not always clear cut. Brawn was just a kid who got dealt a bad hand(Max Dalton didn't help much) and still tried his best to be good when everyone saw him as evil.
Jonathan Young
Matt
Stronger is the final book in the Super Human Clash which is a prequel for the Quantum Prophecies written after the Quantum Prophecies. This book is rather confusing because it goes back and forth between Brawn's present day and moments in his history. Brawn has been put in a mine for his superhuman crimes that he committed when he was a teenager. Brawn is always trying to help his fellow miners though to get better conditions for them. Brawn is blue, tall and a 36 year old man who has no hope a ...more
Carter South
I like this book cause it took my second favorite character and made it solely for him
Jessica
I picture a committee of 12 year-old boys hashing out this plot, every sentence starting with, "Wouldn't it be AWESOME if..." In other words, this book will find its readers. They will be young, male, and uncritical. But this was not a book for me. Too many blow-by-blow descriptions of fights between superheroes and supervillains. Too many random inventions. Too many evil people who wanted to take over the world. And plot! So many random events. It felt like a whole series of comic books slammed ...more
Nico Basile
Best super hero book #3
Susie Carson
Really this gets 2 1/2 stars. For the most part, it was slow going. I finally got into it about halfway through. That might be because Brawn is one of the characters I don't really care about. My major complaint is that we don't get to find out what happened to make Brawn and everyone else lose their powers. There is this huge buildup, and then nothing. I hope this isn't the last book because I still want someone to take Max out and make everyone remember all the times he changed their minds. I ...more
Denysia Yu
I love this super human clash series! I want to applaud Michael Carroll on doing an excellent job on describing super heroes, but this book is way different from the first 2. This book is about a villain. This book is based on brawn, the blue super human in the first book who helped the good guys get rid of the bad guy. Anyway, I don't want to spoil this book for anyone, but this book is really really good. Check it out if you want to read more about super heroes and villains.
mathjob
It was okay, pero pagdating nalang sa dulo. Talagang inunti-unti nya yung backstory sa character ni Brawn. Tas sa bandang dulo, dun na bumawi, action na uli. Kaya nga ayan at ngayon ko lang natapos. Pero yeah, okay pa rin kasi naging mas malinaw na yung ibang kwento dun sa previous books. Sana lang mas okay na yung dalawa pang susunod na libro.
Eric
The first half of Stronger is great fun. In fact, those 200+ pages represent the best Hulk novel ever written. After that, for better or worse, the author submits to his Quantum Prophecy continuity.

Full review here: http://superheronovels.com/2012/09/22...
Niky
This book was better than i expected and had some really cool points. Getting to see Brawn side really changes a lot. A LOT. Especially towards the end where you see Max for who he really is if you havent figered it out already.
Deondre'
The author is Michael Carroll. This book is good for people who love science fiction, action, suspense, and comedy. This book kept me on the edge of my seat while the action made me want to keep reading it.
Dalton 3 6 Oct 03, 2014 07:31AM
Is Brawn Overpowered? 4 8 Oct 03, 2014 07:29AM
  • Joshua Dread (Joshua Dread #1)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • Sidekicks
  • Shadows (Hex, #2)
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • Assault (Recon Team Angel, #1)
  • Villains Rising (The Cloak Society, #2)
  • Doctor Who Omnibus Volume 1
  • The Villain Virus (NERDS, #4)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • Earthfall
  • Under the Moons of Mars: New Adventures on Barsoom
  • Geeks, Girls and Secret Identities
  • Sammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise (Sammy Keyes, #17)
  • Remote Control (Agent Six of Hearts, #2)
  • Eve of Destruction (Dark Eden, #2)
  • The Rising (Department 19, #2)
In 1987 Michael Carroll joined the Irish Science Fiction Association and was soon invited to become editor of their fiction magazine FTL. He has been a member of the executive committee of the Irish Writers' Union and spent two years as editor of their regular newsletter Final Draft.

He now writes full-time, having published a number of science fiction, fantasy and romance novels in Ireland, the UK
More about Michael Carroll...

The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy (8 books)
  • The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1)
  • The Gathering (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #2)
  • The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3)
  • Super Human (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #4)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • Hunter (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy #7)
  • Crossfire (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #8)
The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1) Super Human (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #4) The Gathering (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #2) The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3) The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)