Stronger: A Super Human Clash

Stronger: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy #6)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  386 ratings  ·  28 reviews
The critically acclaimed Super Human series reaches its shocking conclusion
All Gethin Rao wants is to be like every other boy his age. But normal twelve-year-olds aren't blue. And they certainly aren't thirteen feet tall. That's what happens when his superpowers kick in. And from that moment on, his life is never the same. Treated as a villain--a monster--Gethin spends th...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Philomel Books

To ask other readers questions about Stronger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stronger

Jeffl
I would like to note that it is the third book in the series and the series goes as followed: Super Human; The Ascension; Stronger. If you skip to The Ascension and go to Stronger you are spoiled the second book and you basically don’t have to read it. But you might as well read it because you do learn a bit more about some characters that are not mentioned in the third book.

In the book Stronger: A Super Human Clash, you follow the story of the supervillain/superhero Brawn, a thirteen-foot, bl...more
Dave Reiss
This is my favorite of Carroll's Superhuman books. I have always liked Braun and thought there was so much more to his story. He is a hero that cannot escape being clasified as a villian. His story if transformation is heartbreaking.

I love these books because the Supeehumans are such evolved characters, but we the readers are only given glimpses.

I kook forward to seeing what additional things will come out of this universe.
T.L. Barrett
If you are a fan of the metahuman fiction genre than Michael Carroll's six book (so far) series is a must. You can't find a better reason for why than this book which ties the two trilogies together and spans the metaphysical career of one Braun, a gigantic and hugely misunderstood metahuman who is blamed for his own murder, hunted, used by corrupt and scrupleless organizations and locked into a horrific secret slave camp for years. The narrative follows Braun intermittently from the onset of hi...more
Jamal
Stronger by," Michael Carroll," is an action novel about one of the main super human teens in the Super human series. It tells about his life before he discovered his power's, and his journey coping with them. It gives the reader an insight to a character we saw in the previous books, that the reader just saw as a hulk type character.

There are many things I enjoy about this book. It is much like the other books from the Super Human series, it changes from one part of the story to another every...more
Shannon Luxford
I thought this book was pretty crap. I love this series, but this book was just so far left field for me. I would have loved to have seen Titan and Energy more in this book other than the brief appearances they get - which is ridiculous! Titan is said to be the most popular of all the Superheros, but he gets barely mentioned in any of the books! Brawn, to me, seemed like a 12 year old throughout this entire book. It's like his mind stopped developing and everything else just went into the sudden...more
Tchurch41
The book " Stronger: A Super Human Clash" was just as good as the first and second books of the series. It takes place when Brawn is about 34 years old and it tells his story of who he was before being super human. It tells what happened to him before he found the group of super hero's which he helped in the first and second books. The book goes back and forth through time so you can tell how the past helped the future Brawn and how he always wanted to help people. I couldn't help finding mysel...more
Jonathon
This book is a mix of awesome and disturbing. Brawn makes a perfect narrator to the epic saga of the super humans from beginning to end. It truly brings everything full circle with an ending that is predictable but satisfying.
The night I finished this I could not sleep. It just hangs at the back of your mind, demanding that you dwell on the more gut-wrenching scenes and how close Brawn came to salvation.
This is for those who have read the other two books.(view spoiler)...more
Matthew
A book only about Brawn? This is glorious!

And it doesn't dissapooint. Though it is quite different from what I expected.

What's the name of the trope where the guy can just never catch a break? The weebly? Kick the fluffy dog? Oh whatever. The light heartedness and kind of hidden dark undertones of the other two books are gone, replaced by just thought provoking darkness. But out of this darkness comes one of the best developed characters I've ever seen. Brawn who at first glance is just a hulk...more
Scott Mcdaniel
I love these books because it shows the gray side of good and evil. Its not always clear cut. Brawn was just a kid who got dealt a bad hand(Max Dalton didn't help much) and still tried his best to be good when everyone saw him as evil.
Matt
Stronger is the final book in the Super Human Clash which is a prequel for the Quantum Prophecies written after the Quantum Prophecies. This book is rather confusing because it goes back and forth between Brawn's present day and moments in his history. Brawn has been put in a mine for his superhuman crimes that he committed when he was a teenager. Brawn is always trying to help his fellow miners though to get better conditions for them. Brawn is blue, tall and a 36 year old man who has no hope a...more
Jessica
I picture a committee of 12 year-old boys hashing out this plot, every sentence starting with, "Wouldn't it be AWESOME if..." In other words, this book will find its readers. They will be young, male, and uncritical. But this was not a book for me. Too many blow-by-blow descriptions of fights between superheroes and supervillains. Too many random inventions. Too many evil people who wanted to take over the world. And plot! So many random events. It felt like a whole series of comic books slammed...more
Susie Carson
Really this gets 2 1/2 stars. For the most part, it was slow going. I finally got into it about halfway through. That might be because Brawn is one of the characters I don't really care about. My major complaint is that we don't get to find out what happened to make Brawn and everyone else lose their powers. There is this huge buildup, and then nothing. I hope this isn't the last book because I still want someone to take Max out and make everyone remember all the times he changed their minds. I...more
Denysia Yu
I love this super human clash series! I want to applaud Michael Carroll on doing an excellent job on describing super heroes, but this book is way different from the first 2. This book is about a villain. This book is based on brawn, the blue super human in the first book who helped the good guys get rid of the bad guy. Anyway, I don't want to spoil this book for anyone, but this book is really really good. Check it out if you want to read more about super heroes and villains.
mathjob
It was okay, pero pagdating nalang sa dulo. Talagang inunti-unti nya yung backstory sa character ni Brawn. Tas sa bandang dulo, dun na bumawi, action na uli. Kaya nga ayan at ngayon ko lang natapos. Pero yeah, okay pa rin kasi naging mas malinaw na yung ibang kwento dun sa previous books. Sana lang mas okay na yung dalawa pang susunod na libro.
Eric
The first half of Stronger is great fun. In fact, those 200+ pages represent the best Hulk novel ever written. After that, for better or worse, the author submits to his Quantum Prophecy continuity.

Full review here: http://superheronovels.com/2012/09/22...
Niky
This book was better than i expected and had some really cool points. Getting to see Brawn side really changes a lot. A LOT. Especially towards the end where you see Max for who he really is if you havent figered it out already.
Deondre'
The author is Michael Carroll. This book is good for people who love science fiction, action, suspense, and comedy. This book kept me on the edge of my seat while the action made me want to keep reading it.
Allison
Good book, though since I haven't read other books in the series I felt like I was missing out on some of the references to other things going on. Maybe I will go and read the previous books.
Dan
I enjoyed the trilogy and am eagerly awaiting the delivery of The Quantum Prophecy so that I can continue the story.
Ampion
PERFECT way to tie the two series together. And Brawn may now be my favorite superhuman of all time.
Shaeley Santiago
Primarily set at a prison camp mine in an unknown location with flashbacks to previous events
Colton
Idk why.....but i didnt like this book very much....not very attention getting, i guess.
Patrick Miller
It was a really good book. It was nice to see Brawn's point of view.
Randy
i really liked ascension and was hoping for more from this book.
John The Totally Awesome
Well, I'm gonna read this.

I"m an idiot.
Krista Ivy
A truly riveting character.
Zion Lyons
Aug 18, 2014
Dalton 2 5 Jun 29, 2014 04:39PM
Is Brawn Overpowered? 3 6 Jun 29, 2014 04:37PM
  • Joshua Dread
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • Shadows (Hex, #2)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • Assault (Recon Team Angel, #1)
  • Villains Rising (The Cloak Society, #2)
  • The Villain Virus (NERDS, #4)
  • Earthfall
  • Sidekicks
  • The Demon Hunter (Oliver Nocturne, #4)
  • Geeks, Girls and Secret Identities
  • The Rising (Department 19, #2)
  • Under the Moons of Mars: New Adventures on Barsoom
  • Rise Of The Heroes (Hero.Com, #1)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Power of Justice Jack (Sammy Keyes, #15)
In 1987 Michael Carroll joined the Irish Science Fiction Association and was soon invited to become editor of their fiction magazine FTL. He has been a member of the executive committee of the Irish Writers' Union and spent two years as editor of their regular newsletter Final Draft.

He now writes full-time, having published a number of science fiction, fantasy and romance novels in Ireland, the UK...more
More about Michael Carroll...
The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1) Super Human (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #4) The Gathering (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #2) The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3) The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)