Start by marking “A Sweethaven Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Sweethaven Christmas

A Sweethaven Christmas (Sweethaven Circle #3)

The women of Sweethaven are reunited for a small-town Christmas! It's holiday time in Sweethaven, but things don't go quite as planned for these scrapbookers. Lila is thrown for a loop when a woman claiming to be her sister arrives in town. As she begins digging into the woman's claims, Lila uncovers things about her family she may never be able to accept or forgive. And a ...more
Published September 1st 2012 by GuidepostsBooks

To ask other readers questions about A Sweethaven Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sweethaven Christmas

Victor Gentile
Oct 02, 2012 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Courtney Walsh in her new book “A Sweethaven Christmas” Book Three in The Sweethaven Series published by Guideposts brings us back into the lives of four women in the town of Sweethaven, Michigan.

From the back cover: The women of Sweethaven come together for a Christmas they’ll never forget.

The holidays have descended on Sweethaven like the snow that blankets the charming lakeside town, but things don’t go quite as planned for a group of recently reunited friends. Lila is thrown for a loop when
Dec 09, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: A SWEETHAVEN CHRISTMAS
Author: Courtney Walsh
Publisher: Summerside Press/Guideposts
October 2012
ISBN: 978-0-8249-3182-7
Genre: Women’s fiction

The women of Sweethaven are reunited for a small-town Christmas!

Gail Welborn
Dec 14, 2012 Gail Welborn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
In the third and final installment of The Sweethaven series, the women of Sweethaven, Michigan, Lila, Campbell, Jane, Meghan and Adele, reunite “for a Christmas they’ll never forget.” Just as the circle of friends gather to prepare for a small-town Christmas celebration, recent snowfall blankets the ground, adding to the holiday scene and the spirit of the season.

The story begins at The Grotto, the group’s favorite restaurant where Lila, Tom and Campbell wait for Lila’s parents to join them for
Sandra
Dec 10, 2016 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this Christmas story by Courtney Walsh. It was great getting to know the different characters and putting the families together. Would have been better if I read the other Sweethaven books first, but not totally necessary. I will go back and read them now, I can enjoy them even if they won't be in order.
My Book Addiction and More MBA
A SWEETHAVEN CHRISTMAS by Courtney Walsh is a delightful inspirational contemporary romance,Christmas themed. It is Book 3 and final book in the "Sweethaven Circle" series,but another stand alone. See," A Sweethaven Summer",and "A Sweethaven Homecoming". Follow Jane, Lila, Adele, Campbell and Meghan on their final journey together. Each chapter is told from the character's perspective and gives you another insight into each character's heart. With Christmas magic,scrapbooking,a long awaited reun ...more
BJ
As usual, I managed to start with the final installment in a trilogy, bad habit of mine, reading the ending first. I really picked it because it was seasonal. Although I didn't know the back story, it was still a good read. I really enjoyed it and although it is described as a Christian read, it was not preachy. Loved the small town Christmas setting and the group of friends and family who had been estranged and managed to find their way back and form new, even stronger friendships! Already have ...more
Andi Newberry ~Tubbs
Courtney takes us back to charming town of Sweethaven and the group of ladies we have all come to love. It's the holidays and there are all kinds of emotions swirling around. What I have come to enjoy about this series is the loving community, and the camaraderie among the people that live there, they seem to pull together and want the best for each other. There is of course drama, how could there not be with Lila . . even amongst the drama, Christmas magic shows up and touches everyone with it. ...more
Betty
Dec 01, 2013 Betty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its Thanksgiving in Sweethaven and a group of friends and scrap bookers gather for the holidays. The main characters have been friends since their school days. The story brings us up to date with each of the women and shows us how their lives intermingle and how the friendships strengthen each one as they work through personal problems and issues. This is a fantastic story of love, family, and friendships. I was pulled in from the beginning with the warmth and love that the author brings to the ...more
Lisa
Feb 10, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This final installment was interesting. Definitely had less religion in it. The previous book felt as though it was shoving religion down your throat. I must say that while Jane was more real to me, I just never warmed up to Adele & Campbell. At times this series felt a little too perfect and unrealistic to me.
Deb
Jan 01, 2013 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for Christmas from my scrapbooking friend and I just loved it. A feel-good book with a good message and a little scrapbooking added in the storyline to bring the messages home. And it gave me some ideas for projects!
I am going to have to go to the Christian bookstore and find some more of her books!
Feb 27, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the third and final book of this series and I was sad to see it go. As with the other two books I felt a sense of everyone of the characters in me and related to them. I walked away feeling like second chances and forgiveness could change my world.

Th
Jessica
3.5 stars. This is a really sweet book. Maybe I would have rated it 4 or 5 stars like most folks had I read the first two books of the series and really had invested time with the characters. Having read it as a stand alone though, I still enjoyed it. Makes me want to move so I can enjoy all the perks living in a small town.
Ann
Sep 22, 2012 Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in a series and I loved the series. The characters and story grab you from the beginning. I am sorry to see the series end. They are great books that tell such a sweet story of love, acceptance and forgiveness in the lives of those around us. I am looking forward to more books by this author.
Dawn
May 05, 2013 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this whole series. It just was such a feel good read. So sad it has come to an end. I feel like I really got to know these characters as they became part of my everyday life. Looking forward to the new stories that Courtney will write. She is an amazing storyteller!
Tammu
Nov 05, 2012 Tammu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book in this series did not disappoint. I loved how Courtney explored all of the characters and the ending was perfect. I want to visit Sweethaven and spend time with these people. Great book!
Rebecca
Feb 22, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
Pregnant woman discovers the Secret her parents have been hiding since she was born 40 years ago.

A great ending to the Sweethaven series. Love how scrapbooking albums are woven into the story!

3.5 stars, 310 pages
Ane Mulligan
Feb 16, 2014 Ane Mulligan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sweethaven Christmas is a sweet ending to a wonderful series I wish wasn't ending. Courtney Walsh has given us characters we want for friends set in a town we want to live in. What more could a reader ask for? More! I recommend it highly ~ a perfect Christmas gift.
Edith
Nov 27, 2012 Edith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I loved this series, I found it unneccesary to spread this story out over three books. To me, it should have been one book.
Elaine
Dec 12, 2013 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tear jerker. Didn't read the other Sweethaven books that led up to this one but loved the chacters & the story.
Emily
Oct 22, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the final book in the Sweethaven series. I greatly enjoyed the characters and shall miss them greatly!
Michelle L. Anderson
Sweet haven Christmas

Beautiful ending to a great series. I will definitely be reading more of Courtney Walsh in the future.
God bless you!
Melanie Reineck
Nov 20, 2012 Melanie Reineck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so sad to finish it!!! This is the last book of the sweet haven series. Courtney wrote that all stories do not have to end with a fairy tale ending. Perfect :)
Virginia
Feb 27, 2013 Virginia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third in a series, loved the first one and oddly enough really did not much like the second but loved the third. I wonder if some of it is a difference in me when I read them?
Dec 27, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books! I will really miss the characters, now! They were so well-developed they became like friends.
Tonya
Dec 28, 2013 Tonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved all of the Sweethaven books!! Did not want them to end!! They reminded me of my hometown on the shores of Lake Michigan, which I miss so much!!
Tammy
Oct 02, 2014 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
I would have given this book 3 starts up until the last quarter of the book. I really enjoyed the ending.
Teri Rainey
Oct 13, 2012 Teri Rainey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wish this wasn't the last book! elegantly written and these women could be anyones best friends. awesome series!!
Mel
Dec 08, 2012 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fantastic ending to an amazing series. I usually shy away from faith-based books because they can be a bit too preachy for my taste, but this one was far from that. Loved every word.
April Banks
April Banks rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2014
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2013
  • Silver Bells
  • A Simple Christmas Wish
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • A Wild Goose Chase Christmas (Quilts of Love, #2)
  • Christmas at Harmony Hill (Shaker, #5.5)
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • A Stubborn Sweetness and Other Stories for the Christmas Season
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • The Face of Heaven (Snapshots in History #2)
  • Threads of Hope (Quilts of Love, #5)
  • For Love of Eli (Quilts of Love, #4)
  • Too Far to Say Far Enough (The Reluctant Prophet #3)
  • Christmastime 1940
  • The Christmas Quilt (Quilts of Love, #11)
  • The Dawn of Christmas: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country
  • Merry Humbug Christmas: Two Tales of Holiday Romance
  • A Patchwork Christmas Collection
  • Home for Christmas

Sweethaven Circle (3 books)
  • A Sweethaven Summer