Start by marking “A Dangerous Stage” as Want to Read:
A Dangerous Stage
Read Excerpt* *Different edition

A Dangerous Stage (Protection for Hire #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  27 reviews
In A Dangerous Stage, the second book in Camy Tang's Protection for Hire series, Tessa Lancaster must protect a contestant from a nationally televised singing competition who has information that the show is rigged. Tang once again delivers a clever mix of action, mystery, and romance.
Published October 30th 2012 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about A Dangerous Stage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dangerous Stage

Judy
A Dangerous Stage by Camy Tang
Protection For Hire Book 2
Tessa Lancaster has avoided Charles Britton for a full year. Now she has a new client and Charles has been included in the case. She is to be the bodyguard for a thirteen year old girl who is too computer wise and had her fingers on a computer when she shouldn’t have. Working around Charles has her heart pulling her towards him and her anger and unforgiveness pushing her away at the same time.

Charles Britton finds his attraction to Tessa ha
Heather
Tessa Lancaster is one of the yakuza's (Japanese mafia's) toughest enforcers until an encounter with Christ in prison changes the course of her life.
"A Dangerous Stage" is the second page turning installment of the Protection for Hire series featuring Tessa Lancaster, professional bodyguard and Charlies Britton, southern gentleman and high powered attorney. While the book is a stand alone title, Tess and Charles's story is much richer if you read book one Protection for Hire first. The fast pac
Julie Graves
George is a contestant on a competitive TV show. His 13 year old daughter Hannah is a computer hacker. When Hannah hacks into the shows computers and finds out the show is being rigged both she and George find themselves in danger.

Tessa Lancaster is hired to protect George and Hannah while investigating who is behind the rigging of the show. Tessa hasn't spoken to Charles(her lawyer) for over a year. Not since she found out that he was the one that recommended her stay in prison be two years lon
Amancay
Another incredible ride from Camy Tang! Just when I think... meh, this'll be just a good easy read/distraction from the day-to-day... I was blown away, again!

Started it after church, and (with the exception of eating, bathroom breaks... where admittedly the book came along!?, and a little facebook distraction) finished it up in one fell swoop!

Kicking off with an action-packed sequence that had my heart racing. Throwing in growing character development with folks I had already fallen in love with
Wendy Sparkes
#2 Protection for Hire

I loved this story ~ a great mix of suspense, humour (Camy Tang has some great one-liners!) and of course, romance!

I loved meeting up with Tessa and Charles again ~ not to mention Charles' mother Vivian, who is wonderful, and Tessa's mom, sister and niece, who are...different! I usually have a smile on my face during their scenes.

I also appreciated the theme of forgiveness throughout the story. Most of the time, when we need to forgive, we forgive and move on. Sometimes tho
Meleofa
I like Tessa. Life is a mess, and she tries to make the best of it.
Out of prison for a crime she didn't commit and now working as a bodyguard, Tessa is hired to protect a contestant on a TV singing competition and his daughter, who have been targeted by a group rigging the results. The investigation forces Tessa to work with Charles, they guy who put her away for longer than expected and also the one she still loves. Can they work together to keep George and his daughter safe without losing their hearts?

I really liked the first book in this series, and this was
Kim
Tessa is back! Miss Tessa Lancaster is back with Protection for Hire Book 2! The story continues about one year after the end of the first book by Camy Tang, Protection for Hire. Tessa is continuing to protect her charges while volunteering at the battered women's shelter. She thinks about handsome lawyer Charles Britton a lot, but she can't decide if she wants to kiss him or punch him. They are thrown together in order to investigate and protect the father and daughter involved in a rigged sing ...more
A Dangerous Stage
Camy is a master storyteller. I have enjoyed every book I ever read by her and 'A Dangerous Stage' is no exception.

Camy knows how to write great characters! I love Tessa. I want to be like Tessa when I grow up. Not the Yakuza part! She is so tough and confident and bold!

If you haven't read 'Protection for Hire' by Camy, you'll want to start there. It's another awesome book!

Tessa is in the bodyguard business and she is awesome at it. Her unique background helps her defend the peo
Casey
The second book in the “Protection for Hire” series is an explosive title filled with thrilling car chases, up close and personal hostage situations and good old romantic suspense to keep the pages turning quick and the reader riveted.

I admit, I did not easily follow all of the “suspense” in this romantic suspense. I know, my bad, and I don’t put the book down because of it. I one of those readers that loves a good suspense, but must admit, most of the time I can’t follow the story line worth a
Veronica
Excellent book! This continues the story of Tessa, ex-enforcer for her yakuza uncle and ex-con. It's about a year after the first book ends and Tessa is thrown back together with Charles, an attorney and the man she can't forgive for making sure she served her maximum time in prison. Tessa's hired to protect a contestant on a popular singing show and his daughter after she sees something she wasn't supposed to see as Charles tries to investigate who's behind the assassination attempts.

With multi
Kaylee Hammond
A Dangerous Stage ( a Protection For Hire Novel)
Camy Tang

I have been looking forward to the sequel of Protection for Hire for nearly a year (really since I finished the first one.) I was glad to see Tessa and Charles again. They have some really cute moments in this book.

Tessa Lancaster bodyguard business is going well expect she really doesn't have a lot of paying customers.

Charles Britton needs to bring in more clients if he every wants a senior partnership. That and he needs to have a st
Brandy
Tessa Lancaster is trying to break ties with her yakuza family (they don't fit with her New Life in Christ) and has started her own business as a bodyguard after getting out of prison for a crime she didn't commit. Her new clients are a contestant on a singing competition show (think American Idol) and his daughter. The daughter somehow found evidence that the whole show is rigged. Now someone's after them and will stop at nothing to make sure that information doesn't make it back anywhere.

Overt
Amy
There were things in this book I liked and things I did not. Story line was good, but I am not a computer whiz so some of the terms were over my head. Also there was one scenario I was disappointed was included in Christian fiction. A little inappropriate in my opinion. Could have been left out. Like watching a great movie where they insert just enough language to ruin it. But the author also had some great thought provoking parts on witnessing and standing up for your faith which redeemed some ...more
Faith
Awesome as always!
Ileana
This is the first book this series that I have read. I truly enjoying the story line and the interactions between the main characters, Tessa and Charles, who share unresolved issues from the pass. Tessa and Charles must work together to keep their new client and his daughter save. In the process, they both the power of love and forgiveness, both exemplified by our Lord Jesus. This is a great story of redemption. I highly recommended it.
Paul Goble
This book is a disappointing followup to Protection for Hire. Nikita-like Tessa protects a singer and his daughter, and falls in love with old flame. Good martial-arts action and an engaging plot. Extensive PG-rated descriptions of kissing. The writing is remarkably innumerate (trillionaire criminals?) and technologically illiterate (ridiculous uncopyable files, magical hacking, even more magical electronic surveillance).
Maris Bennett
A worthy follow-up to Protection for Hire, with kick-ass heroine Tessa trying to solve the question of who's rigging the results of a singing competition. Don't be put off by the Christian message (it doesn't pound the reader over the head). The tense relationship between Tessa and Charles as well as Tessa's with her sister Alicia are delved into in this sequel. I would love there to be a third book in the series.
Lauren Stoolfire
I won this through the Goodreads First Reads program. I have never read the first in the series but I thought this one sounded interesting. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I did end up liking it. I had a few issues (mostly revolving around Tessa and Charles). I probably won't read the first in the series but I wouldn't be adverse to other Camy Tang novels. Thanks again.
Catherine Yang
I stayed up till 4 am to finish this book. :P

I cannot wait for the 3rd book.

If you want to read a book while drinking tea and while wrapped in a fleece blanket, reading this book is a good idea if you enjoy books written by Camy Tang and if you have read the first book in the series (Protection for Hire).

I definitely need to re-read Protection for Hire.
Cathy Daniel
Deducted a star for the constant back and forth from Tessa. Passionately kissing Charles, shoving him away " I'm mad/I hate you" and repeat. It got really old quickly as did her unforgiveness but she was quick to forgive her Uncle. I'm hoping more growth for Tessa next book!! ** it did resolve nicely however:)
Sherry
I really like this series. I wasn't sure I would, but if you like Christian Romance at all you'll like these. If you like a very strong, very kick butt girl main character you will also really like this. Looking forward to more adventures.
Chekita Hernandez
I couldn't put this down! I found it to be totally engrossing, and had to search out other titles by this author. Totally recommend this title.
Holly
LOVE LOVE LOVE Tessa Lancaster! This was such a good book! I do hope we see more of Tessa and Charles and Momma!
Faith
Dec 31, 2012 Faith marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Yey~ Won through goodreads. Will write review as soon as I received it and read it :) Seems like a great read :)
Yy
Dec 31, 2012 Yy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Hope to read it soon. Thanks.
john albarado
i liked this book very good reading
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Nithin
Nithin marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Abby Bourne
Abby Bourne marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
  • Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage #5)
  • Raptor 6 (Quiet Professionals #1)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes #4)
  • When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)
  • Fatal Exchange (Southern Crimes #2)
  • Infraction (The Burn, #2)
  • Scorned Justice (Men of the Texas Rangers, #3)
  • Injustice For All (Justice Seekers, #1)
  • Vanished (Private Justice, #1)
  • The Art of Romance (Matchmakers #2)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
291940
Camy writes Christian romantic suspense and contemporary romance as Camy Tang and Regency romance under her pen name, Camille Elliot. She grew up in Hawaii but now lives in northern California with her engineer husband and rambunctious dog. She graduated from Stanford University in psychology with a focus on biology, but for nine years she worked as a biologist researcher. Then God guided her path ...more
More about Camy Tang...

Protection for Hire (2 books)
  • Protection for Hire
Sushi for One? Only Uni Single Sashimi Protection for Hire Deadly Intent (Sonoma #1)