Start by marking “A Love Letter to the Planet” as Want to Read:
A Love Letter to the Planet

A Love Letter to the Planet

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A passionate appeal for ecological mindfulness and strengthening our relationship to the Earth. Based on the best selling "The World We Have.
Published July 1st 2012 by Parallax Press

To ask other readers questions about A Love Letter to the Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Love Letter to the Planet

Janet
"If we care about the health and well-being of the planet, we do so for our own sake. We want the air to be clean enough for us to breathe. We want the water to be clean enough so that we have something to drink. But we need to do more than use recycled products or donate money to environmental groups. We have to change our whole relationship with the Earth."
Nancy McKinley
Reading this book was a treat. This wonderful book contains essential and beautiful truths regarding mindfulness. Practices that I have incorporated in my life so much so they are seamlessly woven and ingrained into everything I do. Much of this I have learned from this wise man in previous books and from talks he has given. His simple wisdom is there for us all. It is written in the stars, in our DNA and this fantastic book.

I recommend it. It's simple and gloriously uncomplicated. Fresh and up
dirt
A great book that reminds us to be mindful of how we interact with our environment. The first chapters are very similar to other books by Thich Nhat Hanh, but they serve as a helpful reminder of how to be in the present moment. The real meat of the book comes in the 10 Love Letters to the Earth. The first two love letters alone are worth the price of admission. Read them and then contemplate your relationship with Mother Earth.
Bobby
Disclaimer: I am not a Buddhist and no expert on Buddhist writings, though I have read several including a few by Thich Nhat Hanh.

That said, this book strikes me as being nearly perfect. Historically, some elements & truths of Buddhism have escaped me. Since I last read Nhat Hanh I have read much on animals and nature. So, returning to him through Love Letter To The Earth everything clicks. The concept of interbeing makes total sense to me now, starting with our relationship with Mother Eart
David
This is an ecological appeal for our species to get back in touch with our roots - the Earth, the Sun, and the universe beyond. I believe it is the second book I have read by Thich Nhat Hanh, the first bring "Peace Is Every Step". I found this book to be very simple to read, chock full of common sense, and calming. However, it didn't hold my interest as much as the previously-mentioned book. I would definitely recommend this to others, as it is a good way to remember some basic things about our ...more
Gary Gardner
A great little book! There is much wisdom here. At times, though, I do wonder if I am reading a bit of "Candide" by Voltaire. I recommend reading this in small sections, then letting the thoughts percolate and evolve within your thoughts.
Benedette
made me think about the Earth in a new way. it is so taken for granted. i hope lots of people will read this book.
Austin Wright
One of his worst books. Almost starts a new religion with Mother Earth as the primary Buddha.
Karen
Sweet meditation reminders of our connection and relationship with mother earth.
Diane
The author has such a beautifully simplistic way of looking at things. Reading him is like being on vacation. Ahhhhh.....
Venus Smurf
This was a very interesting read. Not my usual thing by any means, but definitely well done. It made me want to move to a commune and start wearing hemp or become a Bhuddist, and it's certainly not for everyone, but it was still interesting.
Renée Gross
Beautiful message about caring for mother earth and how we are all connected. Requires an open mind to understand the full meaning. Inspirational and meditative.

Kindle version is "A Love Letter To The Planet"
Táňa
Jiné hodnocení prostě dát nemůžu.
Kayla
I'd never normally read Buddhist literature but this caught my eye. Unfortunately I couldn't make myself finish it, there was no intro and just the assumption that we believed we are the earth etc.
John
A meditation upon the nature of nature, and therefore ourselves.
Beth
There are some beautiful, poetic passages and I can see the letters in the back being used as meditations.
elissa
Jul 08, 2013 elissa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
I just saw this on FB. Looks good! Soon I'll have more time to read.
Barbara Ann O'Leary
Beautiful. Thich Nhat Hanh is such an eloquent writer!
Kent Robinson
Kent Robinson is currently reading it
May 25, 2015
Elena Palesis
Elena Palesis marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Sarah Ryan
Sarah Ryan is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
Petar Vodogaz
Petar Vodogaz marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Jo Goddard
Jo Goddard marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Joe Tristram
Joe Tristram marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
  • A Spiritual Renegade's Guide to the Good Life
  • The Sufi Book of Life: 99 Pathways of the Heart for the Modern Dervish
  • Whispers from Eternity: First Version
  • Zen Lessons: The Art of Leadership
  • Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness: Walking the Buddha's Path
  • The Heart of the Revolution: The Buddha's Radical Teachings on Forgiveness, Compassion, and Kindness
  • How the Swans Came to the Lake
Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh is a global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist, revered throughout the world for his powerful teachings and bestselling writings on mindfulness and peace.

His key teaching is that, through mindfulness, we can learn to live happily in the present moment—the only way to truly develop peace, both in one’s self and in the world.

Thich Nhat Hanh has published over 100 ti
More about Thich Nhat Hanh...
Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation Living Buddha, Living Christ The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation Being Peace