Toxic (Denazen, #2)

Toxic (Denazen #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  2,287 ratings  ·  245 reviews
When a Six saved Kale's life the night of Sumrun, she warned there would be consequences. A trade-off. Something taken for the life they gained. But Dez never imagined she'd lose the one thing she'd give anything to keep... And as if it's not enough Dez finds her immunity to Kale fading, the Six brought in to help Kale learn to control his killer touch starts drooling on h...more
Published September 1st 2012 by Entangled Select

To ask other readers questions about Toxic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic

Stacia (out of inspiration)

It's Time to Rewind

The Bonus Scene : This was included after the end of the book - one short scene from Kale's PoV. Apparently, the best was saved for last because this was my favorite part of the book, apart from the wild beginning. I can honestly say that this is the first time I truly got to vibe on Kale and how his mind worked. Watching this one particular scene was priceless. I loved it.

The end of the book : Cliffhanger? Kinda, sorta. Not anything worth freaking out about. I've been to c...more
Ida
WOW! This book rendered me speechless.

After two days of trying to come up with a proper review for this, I am still empty-handed.

Well, maybe not. I may have one thing to say.

For Jade,

Photobucket

THISBOOKISAWESOMEEXCEPTFORTHATCERTAINREDHEADIHATEHER. THAT'S ALL. BOW.

PS: KALE IS STILL ALWAYS SHIRTLESS IN MY MIND. LOL And he didn't help with that matter in this book. I think he made it worse. *imagines Kale shirtless in the rain* Yep, definitely worse.

Updated 08/26/12

So, the release date has been pushed ba...more
Giselle
More like a 3.5 stars, Toxic is the long anticipated sequel to one of my favorites books last year; it was good to get reacquainted with Dez and Kale in this fun, emotional sequel. Dez is back to her full glory, and now she has competition; Jade is here to try to teach Kale control, but she's also trying to weasel her way into his heart - or at least his pants. If this wasn't enough, Dez's immunity to Kale's touch is waning.

With a wedge... or 2, driven between Dez and Kale, there is a lot of te...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

Dez, Kale and the other Sixes are still hiding from Denazen. Naturally Denazen won't give up hunting Dez and her friends. Denazens desires to capture powerful Sixes, leads to them send a Six of their own to poison Dez, forcing her to either willingly join them to get a cure or risk death.
On top of dealing with Denazen and impending death, Dez is gutted to learn that she's lost her ability to touch Kale without getting hurt. Dez worries are further escalated when new girl, Jade, who has a...more
Marie
All I can say is that this was SO worth the extra wait. Amazing sequel! Loved every moment. And Kale, so HOT.
Sad ending but major cliffhanger, so can't wait for the next book.
Plus did not guess the traitor, man that was a shock.

Full review to come later!
avie
i cant wait for this book. Kale is like a cute innocent little baby that i wanna pinch and kiss...
and finally, a "third party" who's a girl! i'm getting tired of the 2 guys 1 girl love triangle...

and is it just me, or is Dez really HOT in this cover? wow.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Toxic Review on K-Books

"Sometimes I can't breathe when I'm near you. Knowing we can't touch steals the air from my lungs. It hurts, and it's all I can thing about."

Woah! What a phenomenal and emotional book. I was so excited when I received Toxic, the second book in the amazing Denezen series, for review. I just had to start it straight away. I instantly fell in love with this series when I read the first book Touch last year and have been very impatiently waiting for the next installment. I wa...more
Teresa Mary Rose
This summary is making me very nervous, I do not approve of anyone else with Kale! Although a love triangle with two girls would be a twist, but still DO NOT APPROVE. Also, why does it seem that Dez is going to lose the whole I can touch Kale thing- that may successfully break my heart. GAHHHHH....NEED BOOK NOW!
Kristalia
Final rating: ★/★★★★★

After awesome first book Touch comes a cool short story Untouched, which i loved (because it was Kale's POV) and then we have the next book in the series Toxic...Today's star is TOXIC!!!!

Well, it's not what i expected or wanted. It was totally unnecessary. Seriously. Just read the synopsis and the last 3 chapters (33, 34 & 35) in which the main point is.

I was sooooooooooo sooooooo disappointed. I expected more of everything, not a freaking love triangle in which case the...more
Claudia
Jun 23, 2013 Claudia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The release has been pushed.frigging.back.

No... no... this is not happening

Do not touch me!
I'm falling apart.

I need this book and I need it now.
I need Kale I mean, Dez needs Kale. I need to know what happens with her abilitie to touch him! She needs to know what the future holds for them. I'm so pissed!. Excuse me while I go act like a brat.

Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"I love the way you look at me. There's purity in it and I don't want to ruin it."

Jus Accardo is back with the next instalment in the Touch series - Toxic, and let me tell you, it's better than ever and when you finish this book you will be pulling you're hair out because you want more...yea, it's that good!

Toxic starts a few weeks after Touch and if you've read the novella - Untouched, then you know the summer wasn't an easy one for Kale or Dez. They did however, come across some new sixes and...more
Character chat with Kale, Dez, and Alex up on my blog + signed swag giveaway!

Ahh that ending blew!!! What a very frustrating and emotional ride. I need more <3 Kale!

Alyona
It was a good book, a light read. I liked 'Touch' better though.
This read was packed with fast-paced action and romance, love-triangles as well, but it kind of became boring through the middle of the story.

The characters developed well- as the relationship between Kale and Dez did- except for Jade, who made my palms itch for a bitchslap every time I read about her. She just kept talking shit about Dez throughout the whole book. She's one mean, whiny bitch. Kill her with fire!

Oddly, I liked Ale...more
Jana (The Book Goddess)
Also posted: http://jana-thebookgoddess.blogspot.c...

When I read TOUCH (the first book in the Denazen series), I fell completely in love with it. Everything that I wanted in a book was in TOUCH. Whether that's the hot chemistry between two MCs, the action-packed storyline and the YA paranormal that I love, I knew nothing can top TOUCH. Not even its sequel. How right I am. :(

I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first. Before you all scream at me and throw mash potatoes,...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
May 01, 2011 YIPPEE I am reading Touch right now and OMG I can not put it down. May can't come fast enough :)
Lola
I really liked this book, I liked book 1 better, but this book was also great. The story was really good and I wanted to keep reading to see what problems Dez and Kale would encounter now.

I did liked the story, but I think the story of book was more action packed an fast paced. In this book there was more sitting around and planning. The story did have some action packed moments, but few of them than in book 1. I did think that the story was a bit too predictable, there where some major plot twi...more
Kayla (Ramblings of a Book Junkie)
Ahh! This book was everything I expected and more! After waiting and waiting for this book I finally read it this past Thursday and loved it. Touched was amazing but Toxic was even better. Kale and Dez's relationship is growing but everything isn't perfect especially when a new girl comes into the picture.

In this book we meet some new characters and some of our favorites from Touched come back. One of the new characters, Jade, knew exactly how to get underneath my and Dez's skin. Jus did a great...more
Krisztina
Definitely 5 starts (or more:))).
It was an incredible, emotional, adrenalin ride.
Dez is wonderful, strong, kickass heroine and Kale is the most loveable, unique, innoncent but dangerous hero, I have ever met in books.
Their love is epic.

Review later. First I must wake up from this dream.

Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

Thank you to Entangled Teen for asking me to be a part of the Toxic blog tour (I'll be posting on November 1 an interview with Jus Accardo) & supplying me with an eARC of Toxic. I am very excited for this opportunity as I am a very big fan of this series!

I fell in love with the first book, Touch and even the novella, Untouched. I can’t get enough of Kale, not to mention that Dez is just so kickass and chill. The whole book had this X-Men feel to i...more
Kelly Hart
Last year, when I read TOUCH, the first book in the Denazen series, it left me anxious for more. This year, now that I’ve read TOXIC, I feel the exact same way and I gotta say, the novel definitely did not disappoint.

It seems with this series the books just keep getting better and better and harder and harder to put down.

For me, TOXIC was much darker than TOUCH, and it showed us just how real the Denazen threat is to Dez, Kale, and her group of Sixes with all the attacks, Dez’s poisoning, and t...more
Sandra "Jeanz"

MY REVIEW
I received a pdf arc of this book, in exchange for my honest opinion and review from Entangled Teen. This is the second book in the Denazen series, though there is a 1.5 novella called Untouched that can be read in between Bk#1 and Bk#2.
The cover on this book continues in the same colours and hues of the other two books in a brownish colour. The character on the front of the book I would say is Dez. I like the character of Dez as she is quite a strong female. After reading Bk#1 and Bk#1...more
Vi
Wow! I seriously fell in love with Touch last year and waited very impatiently for Toxic and I have to say, it was really worth the wait. Toxic absolutely blew me away! Filled with action-packed scenes and heart-stopping moments, Jus rocked my world with her twisted story of Sixes and the Denezen corporation.

First, let me say I laughed my ass off so many times while reading Toxic. You know I’m a HUGE fan of snarky, strong-willed female leads, right?! Well, Dez is right up there with the best of...more
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
This review is one that I wish I didn’t have to write. I am a HUGE fan of Touch, and Toxic was my most anticipated read of 2012. When I finally got my hands on it I was so happy that I started it right away.

I am so torn because I have no idea how to feel about Toxic. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it. I found myself frustrated while reading, but then I also laughed and got butterflies in my stomach. I wanted to quit reading one minute, the next I was at the edge of my seat. See why I am tor...more
Nereyda Gonzalez
Photobucket

***ARC provided by Entangled Teen for review purposes***

(Spoilers for Touch)
It’s no secret that I LOVED Touch by Jus Accardo. How could I not? With a tough yet vulnerable MC like Dez and the super hot and deadly yet clueless Kale, I was immediately hooked! After eagerly anticipating Toxic and after a few release date set backs, I was ecstatic when I received my review copy.

After Dez makes a bargain to save Kale’s life in Touch, she is warned that there will be consequences for it. But Dez does...more
Zoe and the Edge
The wonderful thing about this book is that there are so many exciting bits it's so hard to put down. I really engaged with the story and the characters. But man, what a shit ending.

I was pretty sure Alex was unredeemable after the way the first book ended, but he does a lot to make up for it in this one. Of course he still hates Kale with a passion, but he gets Dez out of numerous scrapes. Dez, however continues to be unforgiving.

I love that Dez thinks on her feet. She's so much faster and shar...more
Belinda
WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT !
"worse to come" ... YOU CANT' JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT... great the wait for the next book just got a whole lot longer.

What can I say about this book, but wow great read. The opening scene.. phwoah so hot. If you aren't sure if you should be reading this book, just the opening scene should persuade you to read it. Kale and Dez are seriously the hottest couple going around. I'll admit the whole 'Dez can't touch Kale without harming herself/getting killed' bugged the he...more
J.A. Belfield
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
A singular word that can pretty much sum up exactly how I felt throughout most of Toxic.
Let me explain.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOM! BASH! KABOOM!
Those last three words? Yeah, that was me imagining smashing her head against the wall a few times. Okay, MORE than a few times.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! KALE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLAP! GRAB! SHAKE!
Those last three words? Yeah, that’s what I wanted to do to him. Ka...more
Kelly Oram
These books make me rip through the pages but they frustrate me sooooooooo much! A good villain is a good villain and Dez's dad is seriously one messed up psycho. Also, I seriously HATE Ginger. THat freaking B! I got so worked up reading this book because everything just sucked so much for Dez and she just kind of ran around whining about it. I want to see her kick some serious butt. Everyone's! Both sides! (Even her cousins for bailing.) I just want to punch everyone in this book. LOL it sounds...more
Sammy
Check out this review and more here: http://drunkenreads.blogspot.com/

WHAT I THOUGHT:
description

The Cover:
Kind of sucked in my opinion. The first book had such a nice cover. It made me want to read this series. But I guess I wasn't feeling it with this cover. On the bright side we get an idea of what Dez looks like!

The Beginning:
Holy Macaroons!!!!!!!!!!!!! The beginning was mind blowing. I was sucked back into this crazy world. And from the first page everyone and everything has gone mad!! Dez, Kale and...more
please, PLEASE recommend a similar book !!!! 5 13 May 30, 2014 02:42PM
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • Blazing the Trail (The Dragon Diaries, #3)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Cursed
  • Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Alluvion (The Ylem Trilogy, #2)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Ephemeral (The Countenance, #1)
  • Revolution (Collide, #4)
  • The Fallen Prince (Keepers of Life, #2)
  • Borrowed Ember (Fire Spirits, #3)
  • Heroes Under Siege (Talent Chronicles, #3)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Tempus (Tempus, #1)
Jus Accardo is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy fiction.

A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald.

Her first book, Touch, came out in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is represented by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.
More about Jus Accardo...
Touch (Denazen, #1) Untouched (Denazen, #1.5) Tremble (Denazen, #3) Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1) Rules of Survival

“He's irritating." He stood and started to pull up the hem of his shirt. "And he stabbed me."
Alex rolled his eyes. "And you're still alive. Time to get over it."
Kale held his hand out to Ginger. "Fine. Give me something sharp. If I stab him, then we'll be even.”
18 likes
“So what'd we miss?" Jade pulled a chair from the next table and wedged it between Kale and Dax.
"We were just about to vote you off the island," I said, stirring my coffee.
"You've got my vote," Kiernan said enthusiastically, glaring at Jade.”
18 likes