Start by marking “Star Struck” as Want to Read:
Star Struck

Star Struck

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Delilah is a small town girl from Utah working as a nanny in New York City, saving money until her sweetheart finishes his job training out of state. Life is good for Delilah—safe, predictable and simple. But then she meets mega-Hollywood heartthrob Sam Hendricks and her world turns upsidedown. As part of a crowd-pleasing publicity stunt, Sam asks Delilah to be his date to ...more
Paperback
Published December 1st 2004 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about Star Struck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Struck

Kathryn
Kristen
Very far fetched story, but I couldn't help finding the characters to be interesting. I think I have a thing for sassy leading ladies, and boy is Delilah ever sassy! The basic idea of this story is that a small town girl is randomly chosen by a famous actor to attend the Oscars. She has NO interest in going, turns him down and the media goes crazy bugging both of them. Delilah decides to invite the actor to her farm in Utah where they can both hide from the media and she can make him work his ta ...more
Rebecca
This was a decent read. Nothing too exciting. A girl from Utah becomes a Nanny in New York. While in New York an actor decides to ask her to the Oscars as a publicity stunt. She wants nothing to do with it and tells him so, but since his proposal to attend with him was caught on camera, he hunts her down to try and get her to go with him. She agrees on the condition that he come to Utah (she has lost her job as a result of all the paparazzi) and work on her family's farm for two weeks in exchang ...more
Brenda
Cute story. This is an LDS writer and I was nervous to read her because I didn't want to be preached to. There were definite stating of standards and clarification of beliefs, but it really fit the story and I wasn't annoyed by it. I liked this book. It also gave me a little different perspective of awards ceremonies, which surprised me because I already had my opinions about them...
Katie Watkins
A cute story about a farm girl who meets a cocky celebrity and helps bring him down to earth. I really liked how Delilah remained true to herself in dealing with Sam (the celebrity). She didn't get all crazy or go easy on him just because of his profession. I liked watching the changes that Sam went through in becoming a better person.
Josi
Apr 15, 2008 Josi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my only young adult novel, it makes me laugh. I give it four stars because it is young adult which isn't my favorite genre, but it was really fun to write. I had a great idea for a follow up book, but this one didn't sell really well and therefore the idea has been back burnered indefinitely. Most people that read it, enjoy it.
Jamie
At first, I couldn't stand the main character, Delilah. She seemed to be a very jealous brat. Almost threw the book across the room, she was such a snot. I thought she should have been a better example. Finally, she got better and so did the book
Brenda
Darling quick read about a super cute girl, a perfect boyfriend and a pretty stuck on himself Hollywood superstar. I loved the way the story unfolded and how everyone was able to see beyond first impressions. Leif was adorable :)
Patricia
I am not sure what to make of this book--primarily how things turned out. I should have known but still felt I needed more loose ends secured.
Heather
Cute story about a girl who sticks to her principles despite conditions being right for fame and fortune. Great YA read, I really enjoyed reading it.
Ellen Sara
Jacqueline
It was really good, not one of my favorite though, but still good. It is one of the books you like rereading just cause it is sooo good.
Felicia
I loved the ending I wont tell you what it was but it was great. I thought this book was very funny and I couldn't put it down.
Chelsea
Good book. Made me look at things a little differently. Also loved the little town farm view so can relate!
Amy
May 14, 2008 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
Michelle
Fun, easy read. I have nothing to complain about.
This is definitely a teen book, but it was a cute read.
Susan
This book would be more appreciated by teenagers.
Teresa
This was a really cute book for young adults.
Danielle
It was very cheerful and had lots of laughs.
Holly
A lot of fun to read. I very much enjoyed it.
Heather
Apr 21, 2008 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Rachel
Recommended to Heather by: Heather Braegger
Short book with a cute plot and fun.
Wendy
A cute, fun story. Super-fast read.
Debbie
I like this book.
Leslie Olsen
A fun little read.
Danni
It was cute.
Chari
Chari marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Vjohnson
Vjohnson marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
  • All's Fair
  • By Morning Light
  • The Ball's in Her Court
  • Methods of Madness
  • Crossfire (Saint Squad, #3)
  • Chocolate Roses
  • The Heart Has Its Reasons
  • Beyond Perfection
  • Run Away Home (Home Trilogy, #1)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • What the Doctor Ordered
  • Without a Flaw
I wrote my first book while on bed rest with my third child in 1998 and haven't stopped. My most recent books have been The Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery Series and the final book, Wedding Cake, will be released in December 2014 with a cook book made up of all the recipes from the series plus a few extras.

I currently live in Willard, Utah with my husband, children, and cat.
More about Josi S. Kilpack...
Lemon Tart (A Culinary Mystery, #1) English Trifle (A Culinary Mystery, #2) Devil's Food Cake (A Culinary Mystery, #3) Key Lime Pie (A Culinary Mystery, #4) Blackberry Crumble (A Culinary Mystery, #5)