iPad for Dummies

iPad for Dummies

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Your world is just a touch away with your iPad

The iPad combines the best of your favorite gadgets into one amazing, ultraportable touch device. This handy guide helps you figure out all the basics - from sending e-mail and surfing the web to playing games, recording and watching videos, sharing photos, making FaceTime video calls, downloading cool apps, and more. Whatever

Published October 22nd 2012 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about iPad for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about iPad for Dummies

Hapzydeco
If you received the iPad Air from Santa, this new edition (6th edition) should be on your reading list. If you have updated your old iPad with iOS 7, this volume may provide you with new insights.
Denis Vukosav
“iPad For Dummies” prepared by Edward C. Baig and Bob “Dr. Mac” LeVitus is another book in the For Dummies series, that this time for its topic has iPad device – enabling reader to learn in the shortest time possible how to use this interesting gadget.

The authors are not talking just about the device, but also about applications and programs with which some nice things can be done on iPad that is nice add-on.
Though I'm not a regular reader of this book series, so I can compare it with the few ot...more
Socialbookshelves.com
iPad for Dummies falls in to the trap of a lot of the Dummies books - it takes a simple subject and makes it even simpler, to the point where you start to feel like you're wasting your time by reading it. The concept is simple enough, and I'm not surprised that an iPad book has been released, but I was hoping for more practical tricks for the seasoned iPad user.

I was disappointed. Sure, it's a good idea for novices and the elderly, but even your great-grandmother would quickly get bored of readi...more
Cris
It's pretty typical for a book in the 'for Dummies' series. The pictures and instructions are clear and easy to follow.

I borrowed the book to try and address several specific issues. Unfortunately, the book didn't help me at all. I think it's mostly because the iPad is designed well with almost all settings and options self-explanatory. So while the book addresses common questions for iPad users, I don't think many users will require the book. Most will probably find the information on the iPad...more
Liza
Aug 18, 2014 Liza rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tech fan
Recommended to Liza by: no one
This book was not that helpful.
Ben
I learned very little from the book. I learn much more on my own simply using the Ipad. The book was not focused on the Ipad. It coverd programs and apps. Wel to use these I must be skilled on the Ipad. Too little on the machine itself. I say skip the book and lern be trail and error.
Dianne Kempton

Thought I had a pretty good handle on this but thought it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Actually gained quite a few little tips and tricks that make me love my ipad even more now!
Carine
Vraiment pour très débutants

Livres très bien fait, mais vraiment pour débutants et/ou personnes ayant du mal avec la technologie. Quelques "trucs" mais il s'agit surtout des bases.
Janina
Présentation agréable et pratique comme tous les livres de cette série 'pour les nuls", mais pas grand chose de plus que dans le didacticiel de l'iPad très bien fait également.
Tara Schaafsma
Told me pretty much what I needed to know, except about parental controls, which I found elsewhere. Knew much of it since I have an iphone, but there were good tips.
Vikram
Very basic level. Would have appreciated more depth in the subject matter. Most of the tips that they have mentioned, have already found out, by trial'n'error :)
Samantha
Really basic abbreviated overview of how to use your iPad. I'm sure the full edition has more information.
Irene J.
Actually there's nothing new to be learned from this book.
Stephanie
Not much to sayother than I love Dummy books!
Dave Riley
Ticks all the boxes in DIY . Weak on apps.
Kathleen Hebert
good basics. a good intro to my iPad.
PWRL
Sep 06, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Kristina Sweigard
Kristina Sweigard marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jul 19, 2014
Jane(Janelba)
Jane(Janelba) is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jessica Spencer
Jessica Spencer is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2014
G Poer
G Poer added it
Jun 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
iPhone 4S for Dummies iPhone 5 for Dummies iPhone For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) Macs for Dummies iPad 2 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))