Start by marking “In the Garden: Who's Been Here?” as Want to Read:
In the Garden: Who's Been Here?

In the Garden: Who's Been Here?

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Christina and Jeremy have been sent to the garden to gather vegetables for dinner. But they quickly realize that they are not the first visitors to the garden today.

There's a slimy trail on a leaf in the cucumber patch, and some corn kernels have been pecked off the cob. Not only that, someone has been snacking on the lettuce leaves! Christina and Jeremy follow the clues t
Published April 25th 2006 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about In the Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Garden

Cemeread
In this picture book watercolor and ink illustrations portray a family's garden as the children pick vegetables. As the children move throughout the garden they notice plant parts that are missing or damaged. When the children describe the damage each asks, "Who's been here?" The next page shows a close up of the culprit at work and names it. Children may be able to guess a few of the garden pests by the way the plant has been eaten. A final page gives about a paragraph of information about each ...more
Russell
Children discuss how the family garden is overrun with varmints, their dog is little help against the pests. Instead of chasing the rabbit or any of the other animals, he prefers to eat a tomato.

Good introduction to the creatures that can ruin your crops.
Sarah Adamson
Another fun adventure tracking animals in and around the vegetable patch in the garden.
Vanita Williams
I would recommend this book for a 2nd or 3rd grade class. In this information book, two children visit their garden to pick vegetables for their mother. They notice clues indicating the presence of animals. This is a great book for students because they can join in trying to find clues of which animals left. The students can be detectives and learn about probability.
Janet
This is another of George's picture books with the science theme. This time the brother and sister are sent to Mom's garden and begin to see evidence of the creatures that are or have been there. George's titles are a great way to introduce children to be receptive and aware of exactly what is in front of their eyes.
Dianna
Two children go to the garden to pick vegetables and find evidence of animals all around. Perfect for my four-year-old, and my one-year-old loved the realistic animal illustrations.

The conversation between the two kids seemed a bit stiff, but other than that, great book! Beautiful illustrations and fun idea.
Angela
We really enjoy this book, pictures are great, very accurate and help us learn who may be visiting our garden when we aren't there. Although they left out the wild turkeys who enjoy our yard, I won't hold that against the author. Perfect for this time of year.
MissyDevoursDelishReads
Beautiful pictures of gardens...teaches different animals & veggies, not only educational , but a fun read for the parent & child.
Marisa
If I get my grant, will be great for introducing common vegetable garden pests and reasoning for planting flowers with vegetables.
Jill Tharp
We loved this one here at our house. Abby loves saying the names of who's been here.
Denise
This is a sweet, nicely illustrated, little book to read to a pre-reader.
Jameson Brotz
Jameson Brotz is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2015
Yvonne
Yvonne added it
Jul 29, 2015
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Deanna Lyles
Deanna Lyles marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
Mar 28, 2015
Richey Family
Richey Family marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Maggie's Ball That Pup! Inside Mouse, Outside Mouse Around the Pond In the Snow: Who's Been Here?